Topic: Full length amp rig Demo

Okay everyone here's the full length video.  Sorry it took so long...it was a very long week (work, finals, family etc.)  Please forgive the clams, I was a little nervous and frustrated.  I kept taking more than 10 minutes so I kinda rushed this one but here it is imperfections and all.  Any comments, suggestions, or criticism is welcome.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKBC7rc_ … annel_page

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Re: Full length amp rig Demo

Hi stratpaulguy wow thats a very impressive rig and your playing is great !!!
can you show the  Fender Bassman please next time ?
i have one too and would be very interested to hear what you do with it

thanks

Geko

That was very, very impressive really!
Your sound is top notch and so is your playing. Very articulated with nice bendings.
Also I liked how you solved the effect section with pedals on a board without needing
a 19" rack system. That keeps the rig simple and practicable.
I can see how much you made up your mind with the custom switcher and the amp blending.
This is the sound that I'm pretty much after and be warned you'll get some
private emails from me after my HRM arrived about your settings and pedal configuration.
What chorus pedal are you using?

Hats off bro! smile

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

Thanks Geko and Alex, I appreciate the compliments.  I really put everything in to that without sounding like a total shredderific wank master.  Feel free to contact me anytime Alex for settings or whatever.  The only stuff on my board that is not easily obtainable is the Tube Driver and Voodoo Lab amp selector.  The chorus pedal is a run of the mill Delta Lab chorus found at any guitar center for $60.  It's true bypass, relatively quiet, and very subtle.  It adds a nice roundness to the low end and some sparkle to the highs.  I really want to get the Fuchs Verbrator which is basically a really nice digital reverb built in with a Dumbleator all in a pedal format.  It's really suppose to be magic with a Dumble type amplifier.  Also, upgrading to a TC SCF or Carl Martin chorus would be sweet as well.  The modding of the provided OTS footswitch was the only way I could think of getting dedicated overdrive and pristine cleans all with one press of a foot.  I basically had a spare footswitch for my Marshall laying around so I just drilled a hole that was the right size for the footswitch to fit and installed it.  Then I just drilled another hole to allow the cord to run out to the amps and VOILA a footswitch for both amps.  Again thanks for all the kind words everyone.  The next demo will be of the Dailey, then the Dr. Z and Bassman.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

BRILLIANT DEMO !!!

Really enjoyed watching that ,(with some very tasty playing BTW)

I really love the sound of the CERIATONE and have now made my
mind up to be my next project (although I think I will build it from kit)

you have manipulated your amps well into providing a great range of
sounds from 2 amplifiers ,.which like (Alex) Is what I have been striving
for. you have (like Ben) some really cool gear , and have got your chops
down to a T  awesome !
You have made me reluctant to post a clip,but the spirit of this is to
see how we all achieve our sound using Joes inspiration
I will work on something that trys to capture the sound of the
marshall silver jubilee , I have sent an email to Jim M moderator
to make us a sticky but so far no reply maybe if someone else asks
he will reply
I hope others will post clips of their rigs too..

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

Nice, the ceriatone sounds awesome! What pickups have you got in the R8?

Well worth the wait, very nice job! I really like the sound of that ceriatone.

Ceriatone and a Marshall are really sweet!!

I'd like to hear the strat through the same settings.

Nice Rig, Nice playin

You're hooked up
Haven't seen that tube driver in ages

Curious what tones you get out of the Dr. Z

Awesome sounds ! Very much like Joes tone IMO. The delay is in front of the amp, not in the effects loop ? Works also very nice ! Congratsulations for a killer tones !

btw. the playing was really cool too cool

Mat

Hi StratPaulguy !!

Wow!! That's a great tone ! It gives me taste to sell my Rivera !!! So..... because of my limited capacity to hear someone speaking english I want to be sure of what you did at 4:20 in the video ....  is it the ceriatone blend with the marshall or just the marshall play with the delay ? Thanks for answer.

Oh and btw ...... nice playing too !

I don't believe in psychology....I believe in good move - Robert James (Bobby) Fischer

13 (edited by stratpaulguy86 2009-05-09 23:37:19)

francis0181 wrote:

Hi StratPaulguy !!

Wow!! That's a great tone ! It gives me taste to sell my Rivera !!! So..... because of my limited capacity to hear someone speaking english I want to be sure of what you did at 4:20 in the video ....  is it the ceriatone blend with the marshall or just the marshall play with the delay ? Thanks for answer.

Oh and btw ...... nice playing too !

It was both amps together.  Delay, chorus, reverb through the effects loop of the Ceriatone only.  The Marshall has a very subtle reverb setting.  No distortion pedals at 4:20, that's all amp distortion! big_smile

theman101 wrote:

Nice, the ceriatone sounds awesome! What pickups have you got in the R8?

Stock Burstbucker 1 & 2's.  A lot of guys swap pickups out of their Les Pauls...I find that the guitar is a tone monster just the way it is.  Love that guitar!

SOFTMC wrote:

BRILLIANT DEMO !!!

Really enjoyed watching that ,(with some very tasty playing BTW)

I really love the sound of the CERIATONE and have now made my
mind up to be my next project (although I think I will build it from kit)

you have manipulated your amps well into providing a great range of
sounds from 2 amplifiers ,.which like (Alex) Is what I have been striving
for. you have (like Ben) some really cool gear , and have got your chops
down to a T  awesome !
You have made me reluctant to post a clip,but the spirit of this is to
see how we all achieve our sound using Joes inspiration
I will work on something that trys to capture the sound of the
marshall silver jubilee , I have sent an email to Jim M moderator
to make us a sticky but so far no reply maybe if someone else asks
he will reply
I hope others will post clips of their rigs too..

Hey SOFTMC keep your clips coming man!  I really like what you do with your Jubilee, especially on your "Just Got Paid" video.  I watch that video all the time.  It's because of guys like yourself, Ben, Alex, etc. that pushed me to do a video.  I get very camera shy and I had to do like 4 takes because I was very nervous.  The other takes were SHITE.  I agree it would be nice if others on here would post videos of them demoing their rigs <cough... Spider...cough>  wink  Do you have any experience building amps SOFTMC?  Nick will tell you upfront that if you don't, the Dumble circuit is a very difficult amp to build.  He does not offer step by step instructions like George Metropoulous.  Anyways, I do appologize if I inflicted any Ceriatone OTS GAS on anyone as it sounds like may be spreading faster than the Swine Flu around here... big_smile

Been waiting a while for that rig to be shown haha.
Fantastic tone you're getting. It's just making me want to spend more money though, so, damn you for that one.

What are your DSL settings?

17 (edited by stratpaulguy86 2009-05-10 01:35:14)

Sorry Jimi_lp, you know what they always say be careful what you wish for. wink  Thank you for the compliments, but to be honest as Ben has said about his rig the videos do no justice.  To me it still sounds too bright and lacks a little warmth that it has in person.  But oh well I'm really having fun shooting these clips!  Here are my Marshall settings, not exactly conventional but good for blending.  If I was using it alone I would up the treble and presence to help it cut through a little better.  But my Ceriatone is the amp that punches through so if I set the Marshall too bright it's like an icepick to the brain.

presence - a hair above 0 (don't like just turning something off, haha just a quirk of mine)
treble - a hair above 0
middle - 7
bass - 10
reverb B - 2
reverb A - 4
volume - 2
gain - 5
midshift off, meaning it's not midscooped
Lead 1 channel for dirty sounds, Clean tone is without gain boost volume and gain at noon.

Well, the vid is there now haha.
Yeh, youtube videos are never going to get the tone across the same.

You do have some strange settings. I have a DSL too. Very different settings to mine.