Topic: JB Gigliotti Strat on ebay

check it out! buy it now for $3195 (if i remember correctly.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … SS:US:1123

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: JB Gigliotti Strat on ebay

Not bad. I never knew Joe put his name on it in the beginning.
There is a best price option. Maybe you can grab it for 2700$ or so.

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

Actually,   The only ones that should have signatures are mine.. I have all of mine.  I have two strats.. three teles..  blue  and sunburst.. Blue strat did Django..  a little piece of JB history..  Now I just have to remember where that guitar is...??? sorry ADDD
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Actually,   The only ones that should have signatures are mine.. I have all of mine.  I have two strats.. three teles..  blue  and sunburst.. Blue strat did Django..  a little piece of JB history..  Now I just have to remember where that guitar is...??? sorry ADDD
Joe B

I love those Gigliottis! I remember hearing you play one last year in Malmoe and Copenhagen and it had such a cool sound... almost sitarlike (missed Django at the Malmoe concert this year). But what do you mean... is it your guitar they are trying to sell... or a fake or are Gigliotti using your signature without your permission?
Sune

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Hmmm.. Yes better check if thats not yours on ebay. wink
So the signature is a fake then?

But they are superb. I have a Gigliotti Tele too and its amazing.

Alex

www.u2-experience.de

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

I'm no expert but the signature on this GS looks like a forgery. Not even close to your signature on my JBLP. What you say Joe?

I asked the seller if they had documentation about the signature. Here's the reply;

Hi:
It is not actually Joe's signature.....it's a decal or a stencil. It's a Joe Bonamassa "signature model".
Thanks
Regards,

So there you have it. What you say joe?

8 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2009-05-13 23:25:44)

According to the website, I remember the original headstock needed to be changed because it looked too much like a Fender one. THERE guys, I said it FENDER.

After the headstock shape got changed, they also added a metal veneer to the headstock. That is apparent in the ebay add. So it is not an "original" 1st run Gigliotti strat, that is unless Joe got a strat Prototype and the major production ones (if you can call it that) all have the 'new' headstock.

The blue strat was a JB sig model, but I think that strat was getting a signature series label no matter what color the strat was. I think it was Joe's idea to make a strat version when previously only the hollowbody tele existed.

Any interested parties should ask the seller for the serial number. Something about the neckplate looks funny because I remember them looking a little more customized than what I'm seeing in the add on ebay. From what I think is it is an 000x whatever the last digit is. Usually I see a "made for  (name here)" on this date "00/00/0000" so - I'm a little confused.

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

As you can see it sold for $2750

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

According to the website, I remember the original headstock needed to be changed because it looked too much like a Fender one. THERE guys, I said it FENDER.

After the headstock shape got changed, they also added a metal veneer to the headstock. That is apparent in the ebay add. So it is not an "original" 1st run Gigliotti strat, that is unless Joe got a strat Prototype and the major production ones (if you can call it that) all have the 'new' headstock.

The blue strat was a JB sig model, but I think that strat was getting a signature series label no matter what color the strat was. I think it was Joe's idea to make a strat version when previously only the hollowbody tele existed.

Any interested parties should ask the seller for the serial number. Something about the neckplate looks funny because I remember them looking a little more customized than what I'm seeing in the add on ebay. From what I think is it is an 000x whatever the last digit is. Usually I see a "made for  (name here)" on this date "00/00/0000" so - I'm a little confused.

The Fender Headstock was only on maybe three or four at the most all Tele's. The original prototype that was white with an aluminum top. Two Tobacco with Copper and maybe a copper top maple neck. Those did no have serial #'s you have to take off the neck to see if Patrick numbered them.

Patrick made Joe Signature decals. The original signature model was a Tele with a 22 frett neck. I think Joe did sign those with paint pen. Patrick may of put the decals on some strats only he knows. He later started engraving the serial #'s on the neck plate.

I would guess it is an early Gigliotti.

11 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2009-05-14 15:22:56)

jim m wrote:

The Fender Headstock was only on maybe three or four at the most all Tele's.

...And the original strat design. Joe has a Gigliotti strat with a Fender-shaped headstock.
There was photos of Joe playing it on Gigliotti's original website, with big graphics over the neck saying "new headstock design coming soon"

jim m wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

The Fender Headstock was only on maybe three or four at the most all Tele's. The original prototype that was white with an aluminum top. Two Tobacco with Copper and maybe a copper top maple neck. Those did no have serial #'s you have to take off the neck to see if Patrick numbered them.

Patrick made Joe Signature decals. The original signature model was a Tele with a 22 frett neck. I think Joe did sign those with paint pen. Patrick may of put the decals on some strats only he knows. He later started engraving the serial #'s on the neck plate.

I would guess it is an early Gigliotti.

Well then if that's the case someone got a great buy on a Gigliotti!

13 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2009-05-19 14:57:00)

Here's a white Gigliotti ESquire on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … SS:US:1123

good buy it now price US $2,599.00

I have a Gigliotti JB tele my wife suprised me with for our 15th anniversery, it does have Joe's signature  (I assume a decal), Joe also played it and signed it backstage at the Birchmere show last year.

If heartaches were nickels, I'd have 35 cents!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =383604393

Mine has the jb sig on the back no 41 and it's not signed by joe it's a transfer of some discription laqured over with a bonamassa blues rock badge also laqured over.

gigliotti gt no 41,,,  gibson ES 335,,, mark knopfler strat.,,1963 strat,, 2002 les paul standard honeyburst ,tokai les paul slash model,usa standard strat with jess lourieo pickups, jtm45 head ,vintage modern 2266 head, jcm 9004100 ,yjm100 head, 2x1960A cabs with various speakers ,too many pedals to list.

the original Gigliotti Strat is safe and secure in my house..  I dont know of that one and there were never JB models..
Best
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Actually,   The only ones that should have signatures are mine..

But only until 19.11.2009 when you signed my Gigliotti too. big_smile
http://www.delle-away.de/gitstuff/alex-joe.jpg

But good to hear your GS showed up and is safe.

all the best
Alex

www.u2-experience.de

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Gigliotti-GS … 20aed6af68

Looks like Pat is selling a spec strat and willing to let it go pretty cheap. I bet someone will get this one at a good price.