Topic: guitar straps

Just saw Joe  at a recent show.He was great. Hove a question about the different guitar straps he uses. Some seem to be black nylon with a logo that I could not make out. Some were leather. Any idea of the makers?

2 (edited by InspiredbyJB 2009-05-21 23:40:52)

Re: guitar straps

A few years ago he was using Moody leather straps, not sure if he still does?

Yep, I checked, he still does.

"I learned to like carrots" - JB

"Schiffer broke a bottle on Morgan's head"

Good to know...I was righ looking for the straps Joe uses.
Thanks.

Those Straps are pricey!  I'll stick to the El Cheapo Ernie Ball Straps!!!

AD3THREE wrote:

Those Straps are pricey!  I'll stick to the El Cheapo Ernie Ball Straps!!!

Oh yeah......not sure $200 for a strap is really worth it!

God for $200 a strap better make my Les Paul feel like a Parker Fly on my shoulders!

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

I actually use standard issue Black nylon Ernie Ball straps..  I used Moody for awhile..  I actually like the Ernie Ball ones way better.. They are like 10 bucks..  Same balance..  I have some other Ernie Ball ones too..  Carmine still uses the Moody ones.
Thanks Joe b

8 (edited by ZampraZ 2009-05-22 01:33:41)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I actually use standard issue Black nylon Ernie Ball straps..  I used Moody for awhile..  I actually like the Ernie Ball ones way better.. They are like 10 bucks..  Same balance..  I have some other Ernie Ball ones too..  Carmine still uses the Moody ones.
Thanks Joe b

Really?

I find them rather uncomfortable... Hey man you should have your own model straps, another thing with yer name on it wink

Interesting. I will try those. Currently I use the Security Locks from Schaller.
Pretty good and easy to handle but they tend to squeak after a while.
And with some lubrication it becomes a mess when you change the belt.

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

I just love my fen**r leather straps, they are really comfortable cool

Here are my tabbed songs by "Smokin' Joe": http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7236
I LIKE MUSIC! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Thanks Joe b

Thank you Joe.    If standard issue black nylon Ernie Ball staps are good enough for you then my poor credit card can take a break.    I love quality product as much as the next person, but $10 sounds so much better than $200.

Have you ever used Levy's?    I got this funky psychadelic one for my brithday and the Hamer loves it.

Morgan

My first guitar strap was a black Ernie Ball nylon strap, works great with straplocks... LOVE EM. Although I enjoy the same diversity in guitar straps as I do with guitars. Variety is a spice of life.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

JBJHJM wrote:

I just love my fen**r leather straps, they are really comfortable cool

Same here, I use 'em even on my Gibson guitars tongue .

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

http://tiny.cc/GjOkD

http://tiny.cc/nuuem

http://tiny.cc/kPBYs

Can't say I'd buy any of those - I would go more for the Moody or Levi suede type stuff - plus I try to use 3.5-4.5 wide because I use a Les Paul and I have some bad shoulder problems on the left... sad - works well though and superb balance.

It seems there are straps for everyone though!

But you gotta go for something a little padded for those Les Pauls or after 4 hours of use your shoulder will let you know its there.  I use a Levi leather strap thats a little wider then your nylon style straps for the Les Paul and that make a huge difference.   Strats and all the rest of the guitars get cheapo straps like Ernie Balls.

16 (edited by JohnTB 2009-05-23 00:42:22)

If your in the UK give this guy a shot http://crookleathercraft.weebly.com/
he makes some cracking leather straps, really comfortable and well balanced. My girlfriend bought me one for my birthday last year and now I use one on every guitar was really impressed from the £££ side of things :x

I love my moody straps! big_smile. I bought before the price increases, and they are great. I like the leather on both sides so they slide over my shoulder. Don't think I would pay $200 for one though, that's getting a little crazy. They do make great holiday or birthday presents though...better than a weed wacker!

Are you sure?  you haven't seen my lawn, the weed wacker would be a great present for me wink

ken wrote:

I love my moody straps! big_smile. I bought before the price increases, and they are great. I like the leather on both sides so they slide over my shoulder. Don't think I would pay $200 for one though, that's getting a little crazy. They do make great holiday or birthday presents though...better than a weed wacker!