Topic: Marshall Class 5 - Just got paid!

There is a new Marshall on the market, the class 5.

It's a  5 watt 1x10 combo.

And Joe Bonamassa tried it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce1fiU31MFU

Can you tell something about the tone Joe? Was it loud enough?

Guitars: Peer Dellen Custom Strat, VDS Las Vegas Strat, Yamaha Acoustic
Effects:  TC Polytune, CAE Wah, Boss SD-1, Suhr Riot, Arion Sch-z, Boss DD-3, CAE Boost,
Amp: Mesa Boogie Caliber 50+ ( Beamblocker ), Auralex Great Grandma

2 (edited by Rik Emmett Fan 2009-07-31 02:57:19)

Re: Marshall Class 5 - Just got paid!

We all know that Joe loves to see his name on gear. Marshall better load the Joe Bonamassa Line of Cabinets with EV12L's to go with the Joe Bonamsaa Jubilee & Pelxi Amp's. Just in time for Christmas and the winter NAMM show???

Marshall Class 5 Product Demo (Joe's is Better)
http://www.marshallamps.com/marshall_th … Cat=class5

Whell that would be nice! big_smile

But i dont think that would happen!;)

Guitars: Peer Dellen Custom Strat, VDS Las Vegas Strat, Yamaha Acoustic
Effects:  TC Polytune, CAE Wah, Boss SD-1, Suhr Riot, Arion Sch-z, Boss DD-3, CAE Boost,
Amp: Mesa Boogie Caliber 50+ ( Beamblocker ), Auralex Great Grandma

Seems to sound pretty good for a 1x10.

Marshall claims it can drive a 4x10 cabinet!

Major Tom to ground control...

JeroenSchaaf wrote:

Whell that would be nice! big_smile

But i dont think that would happen!;)

Joe has sure been using Marshall rig's allot lately. You never Know, a deal could be in the werks...

If Joe is famous/talented enough for Gibson he's DEFINATELY worthy of his own signature Marshall amplifier.  My guess is if they do release a JB signature amp it will be a VERY limited run of 2555 Silver Jubilee reissues with some tweaks.  The only thing is that it is rumored that Category 5 is doing a JB Jubilee clone...regardless I think that the Class 5 sounds pretty neat and would probably make a lethal practice/small gig amp.  I love the "Mini-Bluesbreaker" cosmetics too.  PTP or PCB?

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Damn, just a couple of weeks after i got my Tiny Terror mad

Oh well, I still think the Tiny Terror is pretty cool.

Matt

9 (edited by Partial2Marshall 2009-07-31 19:30:53)

My .5 watt will run a 4x12.  Are they trying to compete with Epiphone/Orange if so, I am sure it's PCB and probably made in china, but I could be wrong.  No master volume... would have been nice for late night jammin about the house.  Anyone got a price range on this? How many marshalls do i need???? roll  Could the appropriate answer always be one more? lol

Where the hell does one get a black-backed gold top anyway?

JeroenSchaaf wrote:

There is a new Marshall on the market, the class 5.

It's a  5 watt 1x10 combo.

And Joe Bonamassa tried it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce1fiU31MFU

Can you tell something about the tone Joe? Was it loud enough?

Great video......:)     5 watts.......is that a true point to point or circuit board amp....& is it made in China?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

The guy on the vid said "made in England"....

12 (edited by LesPaul4 2009-07-31 22:41:17)

Joe's clip is great....love to know how many Class 5's he was running and what were the settings....

Joe' what did you think of them?

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

I really love the new class 5.. they sound like mini bluesbreaker combos..  very warm.. What we did for Ronnie Scotts was a bit of a Brian May thing..  Wired a bunch together and used a bit of the monitor for a supplement.   I run the volume at 4 treble 3 mid 6 and bass 10.. Having a 10 inch speaker helps the bottom end..  I believe they start production like now..  Those were every one in existence for the exception of the one I carry for the dressing room..  Thanks to Paul Marshall and everybody who helped make Ronnie Scotts a super cool event for us...
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I really love the new class 5.. they sound like mini bluesbreaker combos..  very warm.. What we did for Ronnie Scotts was a bit of a Brian May thing..  Wired a bunch together and used a bit of the monitor for a supplement.   I run the volume at 4 treble 3 mid 6 and bass 10.. Having a 10 inch speaker helps the bottom end..  I believe they start production like now..  Those were every one in existence for the exception of the one I carry for the dressing room..  Thanks to Paul Marshall and everybody who helped make Ronnie Scotts a super cool event for us...
Joe B

Oh man I'm feeling the GAS attack coming....AHHHHH!!!!!

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

$399.99 from elderly instruments, made in england, expected 9/4/09.

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/MC5C.htm

That's a pretty reasonable price....any resolution on the PCB vs point to point question?

Oh, seems my bank account has decided to have a no-money-in-all-money-out moment... roll

I want a JB signature Jubilee Marshall, this way I can buy a brand new Jubilee.

Yeah the pricing here seems really reasonable, can't wait to try one of thees 'lil buggers out