Topic: Davy Knowles now using Budda amps

http://davyknowles.com/blog/about/how-t … happy-boy/

I saw Back Door Slam opening for Joe in Dallas. He was using a Fender Super Reverb and a zvex box of Rock pedal. I remember thinking that he had a really good tone with that combination.

Now he's using Superdrive 30s. He will not need the box of rock pedal with that amp, it's all in there already. Welcome the the Budda family Davy!

As a side note, Budda amps now have some manufacturing deal going with Peavey. I think Peavey is actually building the amps now...People who have compared have said there is no difference, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Budda made become more valuable on the used market than the Peavey made.

Re: Davy Knowles now using Budda amps

Very good Ken,

I got a chance to see and hear these new Budda amps up close. Here's a picture of them with a "roadie" setting them up. wink

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8384830@N0 … 937423676/

Actually, you can listen to them here along with one of Davy's PRS guitars. This one happens to be his PRS Smokeburst McCarty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XEH6EWnnjw

Pretty good slide player too! smile

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Wow I love that PRS and Budda combination!  The kid has got some tone for sure!

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

I am glad to see Davy moving into different gear..  PRS and Budda is good stuff.  It takes him out of the "Just another Dude  with a Strat" Category.  Although I always pictured him more of Valeno guy. Maybe Peter or Mark Farner will sell him one.  LOL
A officially bored Joe B

Strat and Vox... when Davy showed me his rig last year in Detroit I was sort of yawning - although he really made it work, I definitely agree with Joe there. He's got that nice GoldTop too with the P-90s - really cool.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I am glad to see Davy moving into different gear..  PRS and Budda is good stuff.  It takes him out of the "Just another Dude  with a Strat" Category.  Although I always pictured him more of Valeno guy. Maybe Peter or Mark Farner will sell him one.  LOL
A officially bored Joe B

Oh God, that's funny.  I LOVE P90s.

Mark?

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

ken wrote:

http://davyknowles.com/blog/about/how-t … happy-boy/

I saw Back Door Slam opening for Joe in Dallas. He was using a Fender Super Reverb and a zvex box of Rock pedal. I remember thinking that he had a really good tone with that combination.

Now he's using Superdrive 30s. He will not need the box of rock pedal with that amp, it's all in there already. Welcome the the Budda family Davy!

As a side note, Budda amps now have some manufacturing deal going with Peavey. I think Peavey is actually building the amps now...People who have compared have said there is no difference, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Budda made become more valuable on the used market than the Peavey made.

He be tryin keep up wit you.

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:

He be tryin keep up wit you.

He better pick himself up a Carol-Ann OD2 pretty quick then... wink

Just read that Jeff Bober (Chief designer who started the company and designed the amps), has left Budda. sad Bummer...

I've asked Davy a couple times to share is settings, just so I can mess around with it (I want a superdrive 30 SO bad), but so far he has not shared :-(

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

This is the first I have heard of Davy Knowles, what a great player. Love the sound of his PRS & Budda. Last week I had the oportunity to try a PRS DGT through a bogner (not shure which model) and that was a great combination. So much clarity and dynamic range. I'll be getting myself a DGT within the next 12 months. Been saving hard and am getting closer.

Davy Knowles though great player and a great tone! Now it's off to iTunes for a look for his stuff.