1 (edited by jrp 2009-08-31 05:37:02)

Topic: gibson skylark

Any feedback from Joe on this axe yet and does anyone know if gibson is going to put it in production? I'd REALLY like to get my hands on one

Re: gibson skylark

The Gibson Skylark is an amp Im afraid.

I was referring to the prototype resonator gibson skylark. Does anyone have any feedback from joe on this and if gibson will put it in producation

Jimi_lp wrote:

The Gibson Skylark is an amp Im afraid.

It was a lap steel and amp Gibson made in the late 50's.  I saw an original add on e-bay and they came as a set or you could purchase them individually, lap steel, amp, and case.  I think it only cost about $130 for the whole get up back then!  This year for my 21st birthday my parents suprised me with a 1959 Korina Skylark lap steel.  It's pretty cool.  Maybe I'll get the amp this year lol.

Ben

I read where Joe was asked to try it out and give them input on what he thought about it, but I don't know or think they have any plans to release a new line of these instruments any time soon.

There is a guitar called the "skylark" I have the prototype, there are two more at gibson. I dont think they are going into production but it never hurts to ask they might build you one outright..
Joe B

Here it is..
http://cid-e5e9858f6f8ea97b.skydrive.li … 8EA97B!198

Oh, just like a guitar version of the original?
My mistake sorry.