Topic: Gear buying semi retirement.

Hey Everybody..
           Picked up the final piece of the puzzle today.. I always wanted an original Jim Kelly amp circa 1979.  Thanks to my new friend Adam I finally got one.  (its not for sale----- besides it has to go back to him if I ever decide I dont want it anymore.) But with this purchase I feel I am done for awhile.  If you see Jim Kelly amps, get them.  They are cheap and will smoke any 60 watt competitor. You d be shocked (in a good way ) that the price is about as much as a new hot rod 2x12 Deville. 
Anyway.. Just thought I d share that story.. Now I just have to learn how to play..
a semi retired gear buying Bonamassa... 
Joe B

2 (edited by Michael 2009-09-26 16:13:13)

Re: Gear buying semi retirement.

That was a big puzzle JB
Semi-Retired, Is that like .... "I Shouldn't Go In, But I Might Go In" big_smile

................. Michael

Edit ... Considering that was the final piece, an excellent find and a great way to close this case in true Columbo style, are these like from "they don't make 'em like they used to file"

Got a hangover  roll .... too much alcohol and loud music   sheeeeesh

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

"SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOE!"

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Everybody..
           Picked up the final piece of the puzzle today.. I always wanted an original Jim Kelly amp circa 1979.  Thanks to my new friend Adam I finally got one.  (its not for sale----- besides it has to go back to him if I ever decide I dont want it anymore.) But with this purchase I feel I am done for awhile.  If you see Jim Kelly amps, get them.  They are cheap and will smoke any 60 watt competitor. You d be shocked (in a good way ) that the price is about as much as a new hot rod 2x12 Deville. 
Anyway.. Just thought I d share that story.. Now I just have to learn how to play..
Joe B

Jim kelly amps were cheap until they got the official Joe Bonamassa approval. We better get in quick guys! haha

"Semi-retired gear buying" - ain't no such thing Joe smile

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Everybody..
Joe B

LOL - Dude I think you said that once before you were done buying.  No guitar player can ever stop.  Maybe you should get into selling, I'm available for purchasing lol

Ben

7 (edited by ZampraZ 2009-09-26 13:06:05)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Everybody..
Joe B

Joe, to sum up my response; lol.

Hehe, I was done for a while once too. I didn't buy anything for like, half a year, now all of a sudden I just got a new guitar, new amp on the way, new cab.

GAS, "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" is not curable. The symptoms might come and go, but never curable. It doesn't matter how much gear you have. If you have all the gear in the world it eventually leads you to modding or doing something completely useless.

There ain't no stopping it...

Good luck wink

How long is "awhile"?  Chronic Gibson Aquisition Syndrome has no cure! cool

Major Tom to ground control...

lol

Yeah...me too  roll  lol

The first step to solving a problem is to admit there is one.  But I don't have a problem, not me, no problem here, nope.

NO I AM NOT IN DENIAL.

Where the hell does one get a black-backed gold top anyway?

Hello, my name is Bluesbreaker and I'm a gearoholic.

LOL - lead the way Joe! Show us how to refrain! big_smile

Major Tom to ground control...

I hate to be rude ... but mind if I ask how many times you've went on the gear wagon in your life ?

and how long do these moments of  mis guided judgment last ?

Hello, my name is Rick, and I'm a gearholic

I saw a Jim Kelly amp on ebay go really cheap and not knowing what it was passed right on by it.  Joe, any clues on to how they sound?  Dumblish, Fendery, Marshally, Voxy, etc?  I'm sad to hear that your gear splurging has come to an end.  I seriously doubt that it will last forever though, especially with your reputation.  It'll all start with small things replacement cables, strings, picks, straps, etc.  Then a head will either blow or start acting up...that'll fuel the need for a new/different one and thus the GAS will resurge! wink

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Now I just have to learn how to play..........................WHAT!

Its clear to me that the man is taking his new amp into the shed and won't have time for a while anyway to buy stuff.
I think we all could be in for a musical treat.

Here's hoping,
fuzzy

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

Jeesh.  I still haven't put those Bartolinis in my fiver that plays like a dream and sounds like a nightmare...a me.

simpleMind
SalsaKing

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:

Jeesh.  I still haven't put those Bartolinis in my fiver that plays like a dream and sounds like a nightmare...a me.

simpleMind
SalsaKing

Maybe you should get some Dimarzios lol

paymenomind
fuzzy

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe