Topic: JB Custom Les Paul Candy Apple Blue, is this for real?

Ebay has a "GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM SHOP JOE BONAMASSA VOS - CANDY APPLE BLUE FINISH".  This is the first I've heard of a blue Bonamassa LP.  Is this for real?  Did Joe authorize a blue Les Paul?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: JB Custom Les Paul Candy Apple Blue, is this for real?

hey Jim
       Its real.. There are 4 out there..   Its the first one I have seen surface..
Joe B

wow that is awesome! Seeing all this cool gear makes it harder and harder to decide what to save my money for and buy next!

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

hey Jim
       Its real.. There are 4 out there..   Its the first one I have seen surface..
Joe B

Hey Joe....did you get one?  umm candy apple blue is a sweet color.

Where the hell does one get a black-backed gold top anyway?

This asks the question, "Joe do you have one?"   I think they look better then the Gold tops!!!  sad

The guitar is no longer listed, I guess it was sold.

Jim

below was the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-LES-PAUL-CUS … 3ef9087490

I have purchased from the seller before
He'll probably be at the Guitar Show next weekend

hmmmmm

I know I'll be there
hmmmm

jclark42796 wrote:

Jim

Not suprised.  That was a pretty good price on the buy it now.  I was tempted myself.  big_smile

Partial2Marshall wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:

Jim

Not suprised.  That was a pretty good price on the buy it now.  I was tempted myself.  big_smile

There have been a couple of aged goldtops at that price that surprisingly haven't been sold.  Personally, I'd prefer an unaged edition.

I put it on my watch list...went to my online bank accounts and transfered the money to the account that paypal is linked to..went back to ebay and it was GONE!!!!  All within 5 minutes....I am TOTALLY bummed.  I missed out on the unaged ones cuz of lack of cash..now that I had it...I missed on the beautiful blue piece of the GODS...I guess it was never meant to be that I'd own a JBLP....

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

LesPaul4 wrote:

I put it on my watch list...went to my online bank accounts and transfered the money to the account that paypal is linked to..went back to ebay and it was GONE!!!!  All within 5 minutes....I am TOTALLY bummed.  I missed out on the unaged ones cuz of lack of cash..now that I had it...I missed on the beautiful blue piece of the GODS...I guess it was never meant to be that I'd own a JBLP....

Check with Wildwood guitars about the unaged goldtops...

If you search for Completed Listings ... I'll try to post the link below

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_ … amp;_rdc=1

You see the price in Red, usually means the guitar didn't sell , the auction just ended

If one of you really want it, I'd give him a call

Rick wrote:

If you search for Completed Listings ... I'll try to post the link below

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_ … amp;_rdc=1

You see the price in Red, usually means the guitar didn't sell , the auction just ended

If one of you really want it, I'd give him a call

I just got an email from him, and the guitar is SOLD!!!...however, he says that he may be getting another one next week.  How interesting!!!

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

LesPaul4 wrote:

I just got an email from him, and the guitar is SOLD!!!...however, he says that he may be getting another one next week.  How interesting!!!

Ahhh

I'll be at the Guitar Show next week in Arlington...I'll let you know if I see one there

jclark42796 wrote:
Partial2Marshall wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:

Jim

There have been a couple of aged goldtops at that price that surprisingly haven't been sold.  Personally, I'd prefer an unaged edition.

The only way to "age" is time and playing IMO, I'd rather spend less for an older (good) paul then pay the price for a new one really.  They certainly demand a premium don't they?

It's back on the market, $500 more than originally listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-LES-PAUL-CUS … 800wt_1167

Jim

There's one at Guitar Village (.co.uk), but its 'Ex-Repair', so it was damaged. But MAN I want one, lol.

Rus

Jamming with Joe and Bernie Marsden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18zqg3brNH8

RusScagell wrote:

There's one at Guitar Village (.co.uk), but its 'Ex-Repair', so it was damaged. But MAN I want one, lol.

Rus

The one in guitar village is showing as sold - shame I would have had that, the US one will betoo expensive by the time it arrived at my place with customs etc.

All Hail me I am smellybum,  Checkout my musicman and gibson guitars, along with my amps n stuff - http://s498.photobucket.com/albums/rr345/Smellybum5150/