Topic: 4 Amp Demo - Round 2

Hey All.  I decided to do another video.  This one was for fun and is a slightly different form the last.... less motormouthing lol.  Sorry for the feedback at the end too.  My bad on that 1, too close and super loud don't mix, but it was a "one take and upload it" theory lol.  Anyway, hope you like it and thanks to my brother for working the camera, he did a great job with the panning in and out at the start and finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOOTjRUYcGo

Rock and Roll,
Ben

Re: 4 Amp Demo - Round 2

PS - don't mind the quirky Warren Haynes face at the start lol

sounds great Ben. You have quite the collection! I was thinking about doing a 4 amp setup, but i think i will be happy with just a marshall/fender blend.

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Great tones as usual! big_smile  I hope you are wearing earplugs!  I like the addition of the R9 and Plexi/Jubilee into the setup even though the Emplexador/Mesa sounded great too.  Nice stuff, keep it coming! cool

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Nice! The Marshalls sound great. Have you found the marshalls a little noisier (hiss) than the top hat/mesa combo, or was it just the volume?
Nice playing as usual too, love the r9.

NICE WORK
                 Mr Benamassa big_smile ......

SO what amps were you using in order and what setting u settled on the Jubilee?

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

I definitely notice the tone change - and I prefer this setup - the clarity is great. Love the bends!

Is it possible you could do a quick demo of more rhythm or chord work and the volume changes between that and lead work? Though by the sounds of it, hitting big ol' chords would make the camera mic (and your ears) go pop! lol

Cool guys, thanks for the kind words.  Yea the clarity is better with the Jubilee.  I think its because for me to make the Mesa sound like the Jubilee I had to get that gain up high, while the Marshall is designed perfectly for a gain to clarity/articulate sound at moderate gain settings.

This hiss is a combo of a little bit from the Jubilee and a little from SLP.  I'm standing 3 feet from some amps set up for "concert volumes" smile .  The Mesa was pretty bad for hiss too.  Its hard to control in this type of situation.  I think you'll always have some sort of noise factor due the the sheer volume I'm playing at and 4 amps on and waiting.... thats a lot of ground interruption and I think I've prob. done my best to sepereate it all, one more trick I have to try though.  It will never be totally quiet, but its not as bad as you think.  At low volumes its quiet, but that just isn't cool lol...

I'll try to do another video, but my track record is pretty slow, 2 videos in 7 months lol.  IDK how a rythm would come out (lots of volume for such a tiny camera mic so it would prob. distort even more then it already is).  I tend to roll off the guitars tone and volume, even when I solo (not here though due to time and not wanting to noodle too much) so the Fuchs I use for like a clean Fender rythm and the SLP is my "rude" rock type rythm.  The Two Rock is really just for solos.  All of them were played in the video though and I was switched through the pedals too.

Jubilee settings,  LOUD lol...

Benamassa, my friends call me that too.  That and Warren Haynes's brother, Wearin' Haynes.  Now I just have to learn to play as good as them lol.

Thanks again,
Ben

Very impressive Ben! Not only do you have a room full of dream-equipment, but your playing is also more than worthy of that equipment ... wow. I´ll be coming to your show when you open up for Warren Haynes as his long lost younger brother next year ... wink

Eva

eva wrote:

Very impressive Ben! Not only do you have a room full of dream-equipment, but your playing is also more than worthy of that equipment ... wow. I´ll be coming to your show when you open up for Warren Haynes as his long lost younger brother next year ... wink

Eva

LOL.  Thanks Eva.  If I ever in a million years get to jam with Warren Haynes I'll make sure that you are there!  Roadtrip Part II lol, but this time we're ganna hang in NY.

Ben

GoT MuLe 31788 wrote:

LOL.  Thanks Eva.  If I ever in a million years get to jam with Warren Haynes I'll make sure that you are there!  Roadtrip Part II lol, but this time we're ganna hang in NY.

Ben

Definitely Ben - how about the next Beacon run for roadtrip II ?! wink

Eva

You have a SWEET setup and that was some awesome playing as well my man. Keep them videos coming smile

Sounds great!

Did I see Gibson engraved on those pickups? Something keeps catching the light.

eva wrote:
GoT MuLe 31788 wrote:

Ben

Eva

I like the sound of that.  I'll get the tix and you can crash by me smile ...

Ben

Jimi_lp wrote:

Sounds great!

Did I see Gibson engraved on those pickups? Something keeps catching the light.

Yes, I collect them and put them on all of my guitars though they are getting harder to find and when you find a good set they are expensive.  It's just the covers only, not the original T-Top's.  Kinda my signiture thing if you will, although I'm not famous lol.

Ben

As a non-musician, I rarely venture in here...and as such I'm also easily impressed by flashing lights and lots of little knobs and levers and stuff.... big_smile but you produce some seriously good sounds, Ben! cool

I'm impressed - keep it up so that one day I can tell people, 'I knew him before he was famous'. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

GoT MuLe 31788 wrote:
eva wrote:
GoT MuLe 31788 wrote:

Ben

Eva

I like the sound of that.  I'll get the tix and you can crash by me smile ...

Ben

That´s a deal! big_smile

I think I did ask you that before, but do you play in a band?
I´m gonna join in with George on the "I knew him BEFORE he was famous." ... wink

Eva

WOW man that sounds awesome! I'm envious of your setup and your ability big_smile

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry