Topic: What amp did JB used?

I saw this youtube movie and i was wondering what kind of amp JB used in this clip?

Is it the fuch's? or something different?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnLs7tpsnw0

Guitars: Peer Dellen Custom Strat, VDS Las Vegas Strat, Yamaha Acoustic
Effects:  TC Polytune, CAE Wah, Boss SD-1, Suhr Riot, Arion Sch-z, Boss DD-3, CAE Boost,
Amp: Mesa Boogie Caliber 50+ ( Beamblocker ), Auralex Great Grandma

Re: What amp did JB used?

My guess would be the Fuchs.  From left to right I saw the Diaz CD-100, Soldano SLO, Fuchs ODS 100, Marshall SLP 1959HW.   That's been pretty much staple in Warren's arsenal when touring between Gvt Mule and the Allman Brothers Band.  Joe may have been plugged into the Marshall but he sound is too saturated for just a Marshall.  Love the tone and playing.  Great to see two of my favorite guitarists finally onstage together...imaging a JB/ Gvt Mule tour!!! yikes yikes yikes yikes

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

3 (edited by fuzzy wuzzy 2009-10-27 00:55:21)

Yeah. The Fuchs is what Warren usually has his guests play out of and I'd say its a safe bet that Joe was coming out of that.  I also think its an ODS 150 at least that's what it was at Mountain Jam this year. Seriously LOUD. I've actually never seen Warren use a slp when playing with Mule, the one you see in this video is sitting squarely on top of an ampeg 8x10 cabinet which is right next to another 8x10 cabinet with an SVT sitting on top of it. Talk about a LOUD bass rig well thats it holding down the bottom end big time. I don't know but that Marshall is probably a super bass or something like that.

Man I wish I was at that show cool
fuzzy

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

It was actually Warren's Fuchs ODS and Category 5 cab.. There was a Tubescreamer and my Les Paul.. It was a nice rig..
I had a blast jamming.. If I looked serious up there it was because I was trying not to screw up.. LOL
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

It was actually Warren's Fuchs ODS and Category 5 cab.. There was a Tubescreamer and my Les Paul.. It was a nice rig..
I had a blast jamming.. If I looked serious up there it was because I was trying not to screw up.. LOL
Joe B

Oke! cool a ts808?

Sounds great!

Effects:  TC Polytune, CAE Wah, Boss SD-1, Suhr Riot, Arion Sch-z, Boss DD-3, CAE Boost,

I never said people would leave..  One is great. More and more I find myself gravitating to the one amp set up..  This whole post reminds that I need to call Andy and send my Fuchs in for service.  It needs  TLC..  They are great amps.  Don's cabs are great too.. 
Now how much would you pay!!!! LOL
thanks
Joe B

TLC?

He if it sounds good with one amp! smile only thing i missed on the video was a little delay?

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I never said people would leave..  One is great. More and more I find myself gravitating to the one amp set up..  This whole post reminds that I need to call Andy and send my Fuchs in for service.  It needs  TLC..  They are great amps.  Don's cabs are great too.. 
thanks
Joe B

For a simple guy like myself and most guitarists a one amp setup is more than fine.  Most of us don't have to cover the ground you do with your albums.  I think the two tones you are most known for are your chirpy, delay/reverb laden, violin Dumble sound and drier raw heavy blues-rock Marshall sound.  There again you will always sound 99% the same no matter what you play through.  My favorite amps lately have been my '65 Bassman and '68 Super Reverb.  Just a Les Paul, cable, and amp! My old Bassman is unreal, I accidentally put a 12AX7 where a 12AT7 was suppose to be...CAN YOU SAY ROCK?!?! Best tone I've gotten yet. cool

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

thanks
Joe B

I think he was just misquoting the video you did with guitarcenter. You were saying people would want their money back if you "used that tone all night" lol was the carol ann on its own.

Yea but 4 is cooler then 1 lol

Ben

The Fuchs is a beautiful sounding amp. Just based on YouTube videos I think that alone it sounds better than a two-rock. There are a couple videos of Carl verheyen jamming through a fuchs ods and that pretty much sold me on it. I'm posting from my phone right now but when I get home I'll post the videos. I can't wait to get my hands on one. But after I get a gigliotti first of course :-)

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

I don't know man, I'm looking into a two amp setup, or at least a backup as good as the main amp I use... and it's one of those things where its all that extra stuff to bring to a gig. I like the idea of just having one amp. One that can get almost all the sounds you NEED out of it. Obviously one amp cannot do everything. wink

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

13 (edited by doc 2009-11-20 05:20:33)

i've found that adding a drive to the clean channel can work.  i'll use a black kanji 9 with the fuchs, or an ocd.  with my 13 ftr37, i'll use a tim.  my fuzz is an mjm brit bender, or i use an electronix ust drive--it has an extra switch that pushes it--kinda like a baby fuzz.  the mi audio blues pro works good too.  for strats, the exotic ac+ is a nice effect.  i may get an mjm london fuzz--a bit darker.  the brit bender is bright--so just use the guitar tone control.  i'd like to use a 2 amp set up, but yeah--hauling it becomes work.  i use 1 head & 2x12.  the clean channels on the fuchs & 13 are very close to a fender.  i've thought about the new glaswerks, but i don't need to keep buying amps--it is fun--but the fuchs is very good.  gas can get crazy--but with time i have got to the point where my stuff works & sounds good.  my main guitar is a prs santana md.  it works with my stuff--it just sings.  i still like les pauls, but the prs is very smooth to play.  at least i've settled on my guitars & effects.  amps will always be a temptation. cool

as promised here are a couple videos of Carl Verheyen at the LA Amp Show testing out a Fuchs ODS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlmgKQUqTbc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrk3DnzEe60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ2xT98jE6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEKm3Tc_ … re=related

enjoy. his tone is beautiful.

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Warren did kind of produce an album for Joe back in the 90's with a lot of tasteful slide on one of their songs (Calling Me Back)  Blood line was a little something at least.  But a full scale CD would be lovely now that Joe isn't a teen.

doc wrote:

i know you say people would leave if you played 1 amp all night.  but i thought you had a touch of albert king's"green" tone happening.  the amp sang.  for just sitting in, that was good.  ever think of doing a cd with warren?  that would be some powerful blues rock.  jamming with the mule--priceless.:cool::cool::cool:

First post and a new boy on the block; saw JB at Oven's Auditorium in Charlotte, NC Wednesday night (anybody else there ?) and have to say I've got a good collection of his music via ITunes and since seeing him have more than doubled it.
How was it ?
How can I express this: I've never heard anyone wrap up so playing styles and encorporate them all into one and gracefully, with all the emotions of playing totally rip the strings off his guitars, so to speak. 
Left me and everyone in the auditorium in awe; actually left us hoarse from yelling, shouting, whistling, some jumped, some danced - everybody smiled and had the same head and foot motion, that ever constant beat and rhythmn; what an incredible concert. 

Everybody's got a song they want to hear live so I was so thankful when the first notes of India/Mountain Time became audible.
Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Saw the amps used, curious on the effects.
So appreciated the call-back number of Just Got Paid.
Walked up front to witness it in the eye-to-eye up close.
Thanks Joe, alls I know!
Now I am speechless-
Pete

Peteyboy54 wrote:

Saw the amps used, curious on the effects.
So appreciated the call-back number of Just Got Paid.
Walked up front to witness it in the eye-to-eye up close.
Thanks Joe, alls I know!
Now I am speechless-
Pete

Joe changes amps and effects often but some common ones are his Vox Wah, TS808, Custom Fuzzface, GAS Carb overdrive, TC SCF chorus, Boss DD3 delay, Fulltone Supratrem or Guytron Flip Tube Tremolo...

BTW welcome to the forum Peteyboy54!

Had a jam the other night and got to use a old fender twin and it sounded great , with just a tubescreamer and delay, but after discovering how well a Marshall jubilee , pairs with a Dumble clone (Ceriatone Hrm,in my case) it is a match made in heaven
Well done Joe for figuring that one out.....

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink