Topic: A special thank you..

Hey Guys and Gals..
           Tonight I celebrated my 20th anniversary concert.  We did two sold out shows at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano.  We had the honor of the Ball family in the audience tonight.  Sterling, Brian, Derek and all the guys have been too good to me over the past year.  From strings to awesome guitars.  The new double neck is so cool!! Today,  Sterling gave me a triple humbucker  Albert Lee  that changed my life.  It is a fantastic guitar.. It is his own personal guitar btw.  Its name is Big Papa.  It literally blew the roof off the coach house tonight.. Thanks guys for being so fantastic and not just friends but family as well..
Joe B

Re: A special thank you..

Well Joe Bonamassa, sounds like you had a fantastic evening!  Wish we could have all been there in body, but we were  there in the next best thing....in spirit.  You are having quite a year Joe!  You know how they say in Chinese astrology, "It's the year of the....."  Well, I say
"It's the year of Joe Bonamassa!"   So happy for you Joe, no make that a double happy  lol

As always, luv ya lots  pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  Can't wait to see pics of this and hopefully a YouTube or two wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

3 (edited by stratpaulguy86 2009-11-12 15:16:44)

You blew the roof off the Plaza Theatre in FL with that Ernie Ball baritone/6 string doubleneck!  Great sounding guitars for sure and I'd give them a chance before buying another Gibson or PRS.  Congrats Joe and how about talking EB into producing a signature model?  I don't think Gibson would mind too much... roll

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Congrats on the 20th to a humble and talented man.  Here's to many many more.  Thanks for setting the bar on playing and how to treat your fans.  Much respect here.

Where the hell does one get a black-backed gold top anyway?

Joe, thank you for being so down to earth and real. We fans come into this forum to talk to each other and it is awesome that you drop by and talk to us too. Almost feels like we are all hangin' out together.

Joe,

I'd just like to say a huge congrats on 20 years in the business, some feat considering your tender age lol. I'll be coming to see my first Joe show in Norwich UK in December, and as the date gets nearer I get more and more excited, and the RAH DVD only succeeded in increasing that even more. Less than 3 weeks and counting.

See you soon Joe

Jon smile

Jono on the radio www.blastradio.co.uk & on I-Tunes under Top 40/Pop category.
Saturdays 11.00 - 13.00 GMT (06.00 - 08.00 EST)
Joe almost always guaranteed in the playlist wink
Find me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#/dog8myscreenie?ref=profile

7 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2009-11-12 18:22:13)

looking and waiting for photos of that show... and the guitar!

Is an Ernie Ball signature model in the JB future?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Congratulations, Joe. May the next 20 years be as fruitful and enjoyable as the first and thank you for the enjoyment and music you've given us. We'll see you in Edinburgh.

'Try as you might to keep a lid on a good time, you can't do it. When people want to have a good time....' - Billy Gibbons

I was there last night!! Great show. Love the sound out of the JCMs!! causing quite the buzz. New Single amp approach??

10 (edited by Wolf5150 2009-11-12 21:57:25)

Joe, he calls the guitar Big Poppa

Better get it right mate big_smile big_smile big_smile

I posted some great pics of you on the Ernie Ball forum and he popped in to let us know he was attending your gig.

Joe....Thank you so much for the kind post....When I took over Music Man (when your were about 7 hehehe)  I set about to make tools for artists....sometimes it seems like I make artists for tools...but not in your case.  We get to test ourselves and work hard at getting better by servicing someone with your immense talent and work ethic....The pleasure is ours....

That guitar sounded so good last night...but I biased....See you at the House Of Blues tonight!

(Thanks for the 22 watter1   cant wait to hook it up in the man cave!)

Congratulations Joe on 20 wonderful years and my best wishes for so many more. big_smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Congrats Joe; all the best to a humble, hard working guy who never forgets those who influenced him, or where he came from.

We appreciate you

#275 JB LP

Congratulations on a huge milestone Joe. Keep on following your own inner compass with your career and musical decisions, because you obviously know what you're doing. There have been others have shot up quicker, but have also been on a downslide ever since. You're career just keeps going up and up, and there's a good reason for that. Amazing talent, hard work, and good decisions by you and your team.

Can't wait to hear and see that double neck on "Ball Peen Hammer"! I'll have to settle for youtubes for awhile, so I wish someone would get some video going at these new shows! mad

I would just like to add my congratulations to you Joe, well done, and here's to the next 20!

~ Brack ~

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Thanks a lot Joe! Thanks for make what I thought was an ugly guitar look cool. Crap, now I want one. I was going to save up for a Gigliottti, but now that Albert Lee music man looks real cool. Although I think a gigliotti would turn more heads and be more unique.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Joe,

20 years and so young...We all look forward to the next 20 in anticipation...Thanks for being you...

The Other Joe B.

P.S. Dayton, OH sometime soon?

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me...and, I'm feelin good

Joe, congrats and thanks for letting me tag along on your musical journey the last 6 years or so.  Can't wait to see where things go from here.  You are the best.