Topic: which amp used on tom and bob radio show

I RECENTLY DISCOVERED JOE WITH HIS SIGNATURE LES PAUL GOLD ON UTUBE,tom and bob show.[/I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHICH AMP DID HE USE ON THAT OCCASION?

ON THE OTHER HAND I OWN A GOLDTOP 57 REISSUE.WHICH AMP AND/OR PEDALS COULD SUIT TO GET TONE SIMILAR TO BONAMASSA;ESPECIALLY ON LOW BLUES COMPLAINTS WHEN HE GIVES ALL HIS SENSUALITY AND EMOTION
WHEN THE GUITAR SOUNDS LIKE YEARNINGS AND COMPLAINTS

Re: which amp used on tom and bob radio show

I think his Carol Ann amplifier is the most expressive amp that he uses.  I would check out a Carol Ann OD-2 100w.  You can find them used for around $2K.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

There's a quick glimpse of a marshall combo amp near the beginning of the interview. I know Joe has used a marshall silver jubilee combo on these radio performances in the past, so maybe that's what he's using there. Probably just the jub combo and a tube screamer.

ken wrote:

There's a quick glimpse of a marshall combo amp near the beginning of the interview. I know Joe has used a marshall silver jubilee combo on these radio performances in the past, so maybe that's what he's using there. Probably just the jub combo and a tube screamer.

I'd have to agree, it sounds like a Marshall to me but who knows.  Joe can get that sound out of a toaster!

Look at Ken, up bright and early for Turkey Day!  Happy Thanksgiving man.  We'll have to get together some time soon to jam!  I've got my main JB rig up and running and a 100w Plexi on the way.  I'm dying to hear that Carol Ann too.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

stratpaulguy86 wrote:
ken wrote:

I'd have to agree, it sounds like a Marshall to me but who knows.  Joe can get that sound out of a toaster!

Look at Ken, up bright and early for Turkey Day!  Happy Thanksgiving man.  We'll have to get together some time soon to jam!  I've got my main JB rig up and running and a 100w Plexi on the way.  I'm dying to hear that Carol Ann too.

Gobble, Gobble! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Justin! My poor Carol Ann doesn't get cranked up near enough around here, just let me know when is good for you and we'll fire her up right! I need to hear your JB rig live and in person too!

I love the sounds of the Carol-Ann...in Joe's hands, uhm, I am not able to get a word that can mean both sweet AND sick at once....which one of you 2 just got one???!!!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

I love the sounds of the Carol-Ann...in Joe's hands, uhm, I am not able to get a word that can mean both sweet AND sick at once....which one of you 2 just got one???!!!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

I've had it for a few months now. EL34 100watt. For a 100 watter, it sounds pretty sweet at low volumes too. Alan builds the effects loop with kind of a dumbleater circuit, so you can use the send level without having anything plugged in to it and kind of attenuate down to a reasonable volume using a combination of the effects send, pre gain, channel drive, and channel volume. Of course, the louder it gets, things just keep getting better and better! big_smile Very versatile, can do jazz to metal no problem.

On Bob and Tom I used my #52 JB les paul a tube screamer, and bluesbreaker combo.  I love the BB combo.  They sound great.
Joe B.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

On Bob and Tom I used my #52 JB les paul a tube screamer, and bluesbreaker combo.  I love the BB combo.  They sound great.
Joe B.

hey joe, have you ever tried using the bluesbreaker together with a marshall guv'nor pedal?

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B.

Ahhh! I was going to guess BB combo just from the look of the top of it in the video clip, but I've never heard of you talking about a BB combo. Sounded great! There you go, that's pretty much all you need for a good Joe sound...and Joe playing it of course!

We had that blasting on the radio at work, and a few guys have told me that they have since filled their ipods up with some Joe-Tunes because of it!  I work in a metal shop, and I cranked the radio right up when Joe and the guys came on.  Warren Haynes was on that same week.  I had pre-faced the Bob and Tom appearance with some Patty-style commentary to fully prepare them.:lol: