1 (edited by josh m 2009-12-17 03:13:22)

Topic: Does Joe Use A Volume Pot Mod?

Hello All,

I really have a question about Joe's Les Paul...

Joe, do you use a Volume Pot Mod where you roll off the volume and don't lose any highend?
If not would you recommend it? And If so what do you recommend for a Les Paul in general as far as this sort of thing?

I know that seems like a lot of bugging but if you have a moment while the bus wheels are turning to answer this I would be forever greatful!

-Josh
www.joshmyersband.net

Thanks, Josh

Re: Does Joe Use A Volume Pot Mod?

If you have modern wiring you can bridge the 2 lugs on the volume pot like this. http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/Les_Paul … 30C185.cfm

I particularly like the high end roll off on the stock volume pots..  I in fact never or rarely solo with the volume on 10.  I find it more articulate with volume set at 7 or 8.  Again its a taste vs fact. 
Joe B

Wow, thanks for the reply Joe. I just learned something new. I would have thought that soloing would be on 10 and other stuff would have been lower volume settings. Gonna give that one a try and see how it works for me.

I'm about to try some 1 meg pots in my Rio Grande pickups since they come off being a little dark... thinking that new vol. controls will brighten and liven them up... heard doing that works wonders.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I particularly like the high end roll off on the stock volume pots..  I in fact never or rarely solo with the volume on 10.  I find it more articulate with volume set at 7 or 8.  Again its a taste vs fact. 
Joe B

Thank You Joe for your insight!

Any KC dates in the future?

-Josh
www.joshmyersband.net

Thanks, Josh