Topic: Chains and Things set up?

Anyone know what gear was used for Chains and Things?

Re: Chains and Things set up?

You mean the old BB King tune?  I think that song was cut before Lab Series started making amps so it's probably an old Twin Reverb.  The guitar used is probably BB's original red ES-345 guitar, wayyy before his signature model was released.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

I assume he means on Joe's version of it! (Bonus track from BOJH)

4 (edited by Jimi_lp 2009-12-18 17:10:21)

It was Joe's version I wanted to know about yeh, sorry for not being clear. Cheers for BB Kings set up though smile

Whoops!  I have the DVD and didn't even know it was on there.  I love that old BB King tune so I'm sure Joe does it justice.  I am going to go see it right now!

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

stratpaulguy86 wrote:

Whoops!  I have the DVD and didn't even know it was on there.  I love that old BB King tune so I'm sure Joe does it justice.  I am going to go see it right now!

Not the Albert Hall DVD!  It's a bonus track from the Ballad of John Henry, got to pay and download it through the online store though I believe...

The rig for that was  a 1978 Lab Series and a 1965 Princeton Reverb. The guitar was my ummm Lucille of course...  I really dig the Lab Series L-5 and L-7.  Collectively I paid 500 dollars for both and they are so warm..  Sometimes Solid State wins the day!!
JB

Cheers Joe.
I had a look on ebay for an L-5, suprisingly cheap. I may pick one up.
Though right now I'm not sure what gear to buy, it's a nightmare...so many choices!

A rusty chain, a bucket, A bigass hammer, some spikes, a whip, a... oh sorry!

Joe already answered. lol

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Jimi_lp wrote:

Cheers Joe.
I had a look on ebay for an L-5, suprisingly cheap. I may pick one up.
Though right now I'm not sure what gear to buy, it's a nightmare...so many choices!

Joe must have got a great deal on his Princeton reverb or this guys is nuts.  The L5 has free shipping. Not too bad of a deal.

Princeton reverb:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1965-Princeton-Reve … m1c0e4933a

Lab Seriea L5:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Moog-LAB-Ser … 56381cf35c