Topic: jb's delay settings

can anyone help with getting joe's delay settings ,sorry if it's been done defore but i'm new here .i use a tc electronics nova for my delay and the dials arn't like on a boss unit as theres so many options

gigliotti gt no 41,,,  gibson ES 335,,, mark knopfler strat.,,1963 strat,, 2002 les paul standard honeyburst ,tokai les paul slash model,usa standard strat with jess lourieo pickups, jtm45 head ,vintage modern 2266 head, jcm 9004100 ,yjm100 head, 2x1960A cabs with various speakers ,too many pedals to list.

Re: jb's delay settings

Boss DD -3 .........
Its cheap and good
JB

mkstylee wrote:

can anyone help with getting joe's delay settings ,sorry if it's been done defore but i'm new here .i use a tc electronics nova for my delay and the dials arn't like on a boss unit as theres so many options

You might want to try these settings. Comes pretty close in my rig : http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp21 … n10007.jpg

Vim,
On your OCD do you use it as a volume boost? just that if I have the volume anywhere past 9o'clock (quarter) it gets very loud and you have yours set at 1 o'clock. My drive is relatively at the same place as yours as well as it being set to hp...

Dont get me wrong I love how it sounds just wondering about the level of volume...

Does anyone know if Joe uses the DD3 stock or with the Robert Keeley mod.  I'm set on getting one of these pedals but not sure which version to get.  Can get stock for £90 or Keeley for £160 then there is the Analogman version. Anyone else got suggestions? Is the mod really worth the extra £70.

JohnTB wrote:

Vim,
On your OCD do you use it as a volume boost? just that if I have the volume anywhere past 9o'clock (quarter) it gets very loud and you have yours set at 1 o'clock. My drive is relatively at the same place as yours as well as it being set to hp...

Dont get me wrong I love how it sounds just wondering about the level of volume...

It (or rather the amp) acts very differently when turned up loud and when (as when I took the picture) it is set at very low level. If turned up loud, more than 9-10 o'clock on the OCD is also too loud.
I have set both amps (Ceriatone 2550&HRM) with middle on 7-8 and I use the OCD mainly to give an extra plexi-like bite with less midrange. Less blues and more 80's hairmetal, if you like.

mickieblue wrote:

Does anyone know if Joe uses the DD3 stock or with the Robert Keeley mod.  I'm set on getting one of these pedals but not sure which version to get.  Can get stock for £90 or Keeley for £160 then there is the Analogman version. Anyone else got suggestions? Is the mod really worth the extra £70.

Strange, I pushed "submit reply" but nothing happended. Here goes again:

I thing he uses stock pedals with all posts set at noon. Theses settings did not work too well in my rig (way too loud), but maybe I don't play the amps loud enough hmm
The DD3 also got too noisy, with an unpleasant distorted delay) in the fx loop of my Ceriatone 2550, sp I replaced it with a TC pedal. It works great, and is more flexible.

vim wrote:
JohnTB wrote:

Vim,

It (or rather the amp) acts very differently when turned up loud and when (as when I took the picture) it is set at very low level. If turned up loud, more than 9-10 o'clock on the OCD is also too loud.
I have set both amps (Ceriatone 2550&HRM) with middle on 7-8 and I use the OCD mainly to give an extra plexi-like bite with less midrange. Less blues and more 80's hairmetal, if you like.

Cheers for clearing that up smile

mickieblue wrote:

Joe has both. The stock one for the pedal board knobs set at 12:00. The Keeley for the Theremin.

10 (edited by mkstylee 2010-01-07 18:54:19)

vim wrote:
mkstylee wrote:

You might want to try these settings. Comes pretty close in my rig : http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp21 … n10007.jpg

[thanks for the info  what does the first dial do the maxxed out one is it the delay time if so what millsecs is it and how many feedbacks please ]

gigliotti gt no 41,,,  gibson ES 335,,, mark knopfler strat.,,1963 strat,, 2002 les paul standard honeyburst ,tokai les paul slash model,usa standard strat with jess lourieo pickups, jtm45 head ,vintage modern 2266 head, jcm 9004100 ,yjm100 head, 2x1960A cabs with various speakers ,too many pedals to list.

mkstylee wrote:
vim wrote:
mkstylee wrote:

[thanks for the info  what does the first dial do the maxxed out one is it the delay time if so what millsecs is it and how many feedbacks please ]

The first one (not maxxed, but at 80%) is set aomewhere around 550-600 millisec. Can't really say how many repeats, but +/- 3 really audible repeats I would guess.

vim wrote:
mkstylee wrote:
vim wrote:

The first one (not maxxed, but at 80%) is set aomewhere around 550-600 millisec. Can't really say how many repeats, but +/- 3 really audible repeats I would guess.

[thanks for the advise, by the way how do you put pictures up on posts?]

mkstylee wrote:
vim wrote:
mkstylee wrote:

Just paste the URL to the pic (that must be placed in some online archive, not on your computer).
Shure there are other ways, but that's what I did.

The Keeley Mod on the Boss DD-3 is good, especially if you are running your delay out front.  When my Boss DD-3 was stock, the first repeat on the delay was as loud or maybe even a little louder than the original note. The Keeley Mod makes the delayed notes fade a little more naturally to me and gives you some control.  I definitely recommend the mod if you don't have an effects loop on your amp. That being said, the stock Boss DD-3 is a good solid delay pedal in my book.

Not to hijack, but does anyone have any experience with this delay. It's cheap, but it reviews very well on here, and I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with them.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod … sku=150292

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

vim wrote:
mkstylee wrote:
vim wrote:

Just paste the URL to the pic (that must be placed in some online archive, not on your computer).

[what like saved in photobucket and then get them up from there??]

mkstylee wrote:
vim wrote:
mkstylee wrote:

[what like saved in photobucket and then get them up from there??]

Yes.

It's a bit odd that Joe uses the 'better' modded DD-3 just for the theremin and normal stock one for his guitar.  I thought it would have been the other way round.  It's still great that he uses some equipment that everyone can afford.  Still not sure whether to go for the Keeley version or not. Decisions, decisions.:D