Topic: Amp Mic Clip/Stand

Hi Everyone!

I have a quick question if I may. I've been watching a few online videos of Joe's awesome guitar rig and am intrigued by what looks like quite an innocuous little gadget, that being the mic stands for the guitar cabs. It seems as if it's a type of clip that is attached to the cab itself and was wondering if anyone knew what it was?

I know this is a rather trivial component but it will be extremely useful to me as I play keyboards and guitar. When we gig at places with a relatively small stage, I'm forever tripping over the mic stand for the guitar cab. If it was attached to the cab itself it would save me an awful lot of mucking about.

If anyone knows what it is, or a similar product, it would be extremely useful.

Thanks,

Simon

Re: Amp Mic Clip/Stand

Ive seen clips on ebay that attach to the cab... Sometimes they have a SM57 + Clip for the cab... As far as what JB uses im not sure.

I think the are called Z Bars or something like that.  They aren't expensive if I remember right.

Ben

http://www.performanceaudio.com/cgi/pro … ts_id=5469

You can buy them there. smile

Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

They are called Z bars..  I rehearse and have rehearsed at third encore for 20 years.. Tour supply is my source.. That is a dangerous place let me tell you!!
Joe B

Thank you everyone for the responses, it's much appreciated! I'll go on the hunt for one over this side of the pond.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

They are called Z bars..  I rehearse and have rehearsed at third encore for 20 years.. Tour supply is my source.. That is a dangerous place let me tell you!!
Joe B

Thanks Joe for taking the time. I've just had a look at Tour Supply and that looks like quite the treasure trove - fortunately for my wallet, I'm based in the UK...

Looking forward to seeing you gig in London in May!

Simon

they have a store in Manchester..

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

they have a store in Manchester..

So they do....

Hmm... I think I might give them a call and see what they carry - this could be fun!

Simon