Topic: # 52 rides again..

I know with all the nashville guys loosing their entire collection this seems very trivial but in my world it means a lot.  My wonderful # 52 JBLP is in transit via Fed Ex back to me courtesy of the wonderfully talented and generous Scott Lentz.  It will be in the rotation tomorrow in Iowa.  Scott repaired it and sent it back today.  I cant thank him enough for his time and and his expertise.  It is very special guitar to me. 
Look for it tomorrow. 
Joe B

Re: # 52 rides again..

That's great Joe. Glad it's fixed. Hope you enjoy the birthday cigar and play the hell out of #52.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I know with all the nashville guys loosing their entire collection this seems very trivial but in my world it means a lot.  My wonderful # 52 JBLP is in transit via Fed Ex back to me courtesy of the wonderfully talented and generous Scott Lentz.  It will be in the rotation tomorrow in Iowa.  Scott repaired it and sent it back today.  I cant thank him enough for his time and and his expertise.  It is very special guitar to me. 
Look for it tomorrow. 
Joe B

Gibson Collectors Choice #6
Joe Bonamassa Custom Shop Goldtop Unaged 1st run
Alvarez Acoustic '95
Gibson Skylark GA5-T '65, Marshall JTM45 Reissue, Fender Princton Reverb '72, Modded Bugera V5, Fender Bandmaster '68, Marshall Silver Jubilee 2558

#52 is dead - long live #52!
Give it a warm welcome back, by playing the hell out of it tomorrow :-)

Joe,

I am so glad #52 is back inthe line up, I hope she sounds better than ever. If not, add #184 to the show. Patty will be beaming more than ever.

take care,
Bill

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Look for it tomorrow. 
Joe B

So glad that #52 is feeling better, now go back to Daddy where you belong, be careful with her Joe, not too much too soon, bring her back on song  cool

Have Fun and laugh like it's your first time! You never know you might get to like it! big_smile

This is outstanding news, Joe...

That guitar is special...

Can you share with us the type of repair?   Headstock, I assume?

That makes #52 even more like the vintage road dog you designed her to be like... cool

GibsonLPJB#267

Great news Joe. My offer still stands though. If you ever need, #36 is yours to use as long as you need. Just return her to me when you decide to "retire" her.

Stay Safe

Fantastic news.  I'd love to see pics of the break and the repair.  I think they replaced the whole neck on it as opposed to making a repair to the break.  Either way, what good news to hear it's back!

Great to hear Joe! Is there a story behind as to why you picked #52 out of the #300?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, he probably played all 300 and chose the pick of the litter.  big_smile
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Glad to hear it's been fixed.
Be sure to post a pic of the repair. Always interested to see how well done these kinds of repairs are smile

RickB wrote:

Bill, he probably played all 300 and chose the pick of the litter.  big_smile
Rick

That would be cool if he used it once for a live gig, then sold it. smile

Rock and Roll!!!
          smile

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

That's great to hear Joe. I hope she as good as she was before the accident. I was going to get tickets for either tonight or tomorrow, but I was unable to! Promise to swing through Omaha (or South Dakota would be even better) in the fall tour!  cool

Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

Think I read in guitarist mag that a friend of Joe,s had two
of them and decided he didn't need two of them but Joe himself did
for other reasons but only Joe himself can confirm this!

Ted179 wrote:

Tis True Ted, Tis True  wink

Looking forward to it soaring

.................... Michael

2 seats for London Please, one for me and one for my geetar  big_smile

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Ted179 wrote:

I had ordered two kind of by accident and Joe had not received all the ones he needed to tour with from Gibson. He knew I had two. I sent it to him before he went in to the studio to record BOJH. There was some exchange of goods involved but it was entirley at random which guitar I had available to send. It happened to be #52 or it could of been #38 or for that matter any of the 300. It was #52 and has become his favorite LP.

jim m wrote:
Ted179 wrote:

I had ordered two kind of by accident and Joe had not received all the ones he needed to tour with from Gibson. He knew I had two. I sent it to him before he went in to the studio to record BOJH. There was some exchange of goods involved but it was entirley at random which guitar I had available to send. It happened to be #52 or it could of been #38 or for that matter any of the 300. It was #52 and has become his favorite LP.

That pretty awesome. So you used to own it. Does it play as good as it sounds. Thats pretty cool that Joe wanted to buy you're guitar though.

2011 Gibson Les Paul Custom 68RI VOS Ebony
Marshall JVM410h