1 (edited by pit_s_xroad 2010-05-12 23:05:20)

Topic: new sunburst version of the Bona-Sig-Les Paul ?

Hi techheads...

just ran across this lovely video... hope it wasn't posted already here somewhere
else... at least I didn't find it...

Joe's playing a nice looking Les Paul which I would identify as a sunburst JB-sig...
because of the long lettering on the trussrod cover plate... is it one?

check it out... not only because of the guitar... it features a nice song and a mucho
appealing young female singer (guess who;)), too...  big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvulD91XOcU

enjoy,

Greets
PIT...  smile

2 (edited by RickB 2010-05-12 23:08:28)

Re: new sunburst version of the Bona-Sig-Les Paul ?

If you gearheads ever peeked into the other sections, you could find this link twice over.  lol
If I were to guess, it is the prototype of the new EPI sig model. smile

pit_s_xroad wrote:

Hi techheads...

just ran across this lovely video... hope it wasn't posted already here somewhere

Joe's playing a nice looking Les Paul which I would identify as a sunburst JB-sig...

check it out... not only because of the guitar... it features a nice song and a mucho

enjoy,

Greets
PIT...  smile

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

3 (edited by pit_s_xroad 2010-05-12 23:20:38)

RickB wrote:

If you gearheads ever peeked into the other sections, you could find this link twice over.  lol

...*sigh* shame on me yikes ...  sorry wink ... if you want you might shut this down...

Cheers
PIT...  smile

It's the prototype for the Custom Shop Sunburst. We should see photos of it on Wildwood Guitar's website sometime soon.

RickB wrote:

pit_s_xroad wrote:

Hi techheads...

enjoy,

Greets
PIT...  smile

RickB wrote:

THERE ARE OTHER SECTIONS?!?   yikes 

cool

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

stratpaulguy86 wrote:
RickB wrote:

THERE ARE OTHER SECTIONS?!?   yikes 

cool

lol  lol  lol

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Hate to say it but its better looking then any Gold top I've seen in his collection.  I'm in love!

Wow, that's a beautiful guitar!! I'm in love too! I've always liked that sunburst on a Les Paul...

Is he using a tweed Blues Deluxe on that video? looks like that or a white hot rod deluxe.
need those settings!!!!

that les paul looks amazing, think i'm torn between which ones nicer, goldtop or that. though i love candy apple blue too

Fender 60's Strat>Fulltone OCD V4>>TC Electronics Polytune>Orange Dual Terror>Torres 2x10 Cab(with a vintage 30 and a greenback)

Halesie wrote:

Is he using a tweed Blues Deluxe on that video? looks like that or a white hot rod deluxe.
need those settings!!!!

that les paul looks amazing, think i'm torn between which ones nicer, goldtop or that. though i love candy apple blue too

Joe always sounds like Joe, whether he uses a Blues Deluxe or his state-of-the-art 4-amp setup. As the old saying goes, Tone is in the ...  cool

Personally, I prefer sunbursts for Les Pauls but this one is a bit too dark for my taste.

The set up I used for that was my girlfriend Sandi's Blues Deluxe and her  Boss blues driver.  All I do is dump the top end and turn up the level LOL.  The guitar is the Prototype of the Sunburst "Wildwood guitars" run of JB's.  Its ace.. I think it looks great.  Still has the black back and is in a VOS finish.  The Epiphone JB's are in Gold and are unaged..  Same as the Custom model..  The first run Epi's will have Seymor Duncan Antiquities due to the burst buckers slated for them being slight underwater at the moment..  I think they will sound great as well. 
Best
Joe B

12 (edited by DAN 2010-05-13 14:56:21)

89' Vintage Sunburst  L Paul....
Boss Blues Driver and a Hot Rod Deville 2 x 12...with Treb, Mid, and Bass around 7 to 9......Reverb on 1.5 to 2....Ibanez Analog Delay (Pepto Bismol Pink housing)......gives a nice balance with bottom end.....I really like the Blues Driver....buttery smooth distortion.
Thanks >> DAN

PS .... I'm open to any other settings you guys can offer for my Deville set up. Thanks Dan

79' Epiphone Genesis Custom, 89' pre-reissue Les Paul Standard, 90'Strat Plus,
02' Tele (ash), 91' Martin HD-28, Epi A-12 acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12

13 (edited by pit_s_xroad 2010-05-13 16:24:57)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

The set up I used for that was my girlfriend Sandi's Blues Deluxe and her  Boss blues driver.  All I do is dump the top end and turn up the level LOL.  The guitar is the Prototype of the Sunburst "Wildwood guitars" run of JB's.  Its ace.. I think it looks great.  Still has the black back and is in a VOS finish.  The Epiphone JB's are in Gold and are unaged..  Same as the Custom model..  The first run Epi's will have Seymor Duncan Antiquities due to the burst buckers slated for them being slight underwater at the moment..  I think they will sound great as well. 
Best
Joe B

thanks for the info...  smile    first thing that I thought when I heard the first notes you play was... this sounds much more like BEANO than I lot I heard previously somewhere around the web... that's a killing sound... spiced with some BBish flavour... and later in the vid of course good ole Bona is coming through...  big_smile

simply great...

Cheers
PIT...  smile

Bluesbreaker wrote:

As the old saying goes, Tone is in the ...  cool

Sunglasses?  I kid I kid.  wink

I love the new sunburst JB model, hopefully in the future there aren't any limited runs and they could make a PERMANENT run of his guitars.  I think his model is a unique offering that would appeal to many fans of the Les Paul.  Nylon saddles, kidney bean Grovers, BB pickups, etc.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Best
Joe B

I've heard that the Antiquities are some of the best pickups Seymour Duncan makes, being hand-wound and everything...but I haven't played them personally.  "The first run Epi's" makes me wonder, how many/how long are these being made?  I'm definitely planning on buying one of the Epi's, as I've been wanting a Les Paul for a long while now, but I never found a 'gem' that I could afford.  What would you guys recommend? Go with the first run with SD Antiquities or, if it happens, wait for a model with Burst Buckers?

I've heard that the Antiquities are some of the best pickups Seymour Duncan makes, being hand-wound and everything...but I haven't played them personally.  "The first run Epi's" makes me wonder, how many/how long are these being made?  I'm definitely planning on buying one of the Epi's, as I've been wanting a Les Paul for a long while now, but I never found a 'gem' that I could afford.  What would you guys recommend? Go with the first run with SD Antiquities or, if it happens, wait for a model with Burst Buckers?

I've installed SD Antiquities in my R8 and love them! Way better than the BB 2+3 in my JBLP and also a lot better to my taste, compared to the original BB 1+2. Better string separation,more open sounding, not so hot and more smoothe overdrive. If it wasn't for the sake of keeping the JBLP as original as possible, I'd replace the BB's with SD Ant's for shure.

I like the Duncans as well.

Well then...I just might be sold!  So do the Antiquities have better cleans than the BB's since they're not as hot?  Or is there not a big difference?