Topic: Hard time finding Palmer Speaker Simulator PDI03

Do they sell the Speaker Simulator PDI03 in the U.S.??

Thought it would be cool to mess with.  hmm

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: Hard time finding Palmer Speaker Simulator PDI03

Hey dude! 
       Yeah they are slightly elusive.  Best place to go is a place called Tour Supply.  It is a source all of the touring bands use for stage and band stuff. That's were I got mine initially. They have offices in Nashville, Manchester , Burbank Ca right next door to a major rehearsal and storage facility call Third Encore ( mine as well) .  Again it's uber dangerous with a credit card.
Good Luck
Joe Bonamassa

Hi,

I've just ordered mine at http://www.thomann.de/gb/palmer_pdi03.htm. I believe they ships worldwide. You'll find a link to the 16 Ohm version further down on the page.

Good luck & go with the blues:-)

André

http://www.adamhall.com/en/AH_l--en__p--project_p1

is a direct website to Palmer.

"Music Washes Away From The Soul, The Dust Of Everyday Life"

I have a question.

The Palmer rack has an attenuator in it, and balanced line outs.
I noticed 1) JB uses them AND 2) JB still mic's his amps...
does the line outs on the Palmer not sound good?

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/4277 … oC7grw_wcB

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Unless something has changed, there is no attenuator in the Palmer

Perhaps Nic meant "load bearer" ?? I believe you can run leads from your amp head 'cab out' jack to the PDI03 which will act as a 8ohm or 16ohm load so it won't blow your amp?

AFAIk, Joe uses the mic'd cabs to the stage foldback and the Palmer's are for sending the signal to the FOH system?  I could be totally wrong though...

As far as getting Palmer stuff, the only way I could do it from Oz was to order direct from Palmer in Germany.

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

I guess my question was two fold, with one question answered.

1) there is no attenuator in it. ok. that part of it was confusing to me.
2) There is an out so you can go to the soundboard PA balanced with speaker simulation. Is that not enough? I'm wondering why Joe mic's his amps AND uses the Palmer?

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I guess my question was two fold, with one question answered.

1) there is no attenuator in it. ok. that part of it was confusing to me.
2) There is an out so you can go to the soundboard PA balanced with speaker simulation. Is that not enough? I'm wondering why Joe mic's his amps AND uses the Palmer?

I'm pretty sure he likes to have the option of both outputs, so he can mix them at the board and get more or less of either (going to his monitors or FOH)based on the acoustics of the house...

I am curious about this unit.  Unless I misunderstand, I can run through this unit through my Focusrite Scarlett out to monitors and play loud tube amp at any volume and it should perform like the amp was fully driven?  If so, how does the speaker simulation sound compared to actual ones?

11 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2014-07-23 15:45:20)

Correct me if I'm wrong, Joe has previously asserted that running his amps through the Palmers and into a PA sound much like his EVM since they're transparent to the amp and don't color the tone a lot. The switches guarantee its not a linear and has a curve  like a guitar speaker.