Topic: Joe's rig layout in Guitar World

It's been covered quite a bit in vids and other mags, anyhow, the last page of this month's Guitar World has Joe's rig layout, wires and all  cool

Jim

Re: Joe's rig layout in Guitar World

Yeah I saw that.  They have a typo on the double neck guitars tuning.  It says its tuned up a half step and I think they mean down a half step or a whole step.  I'm not sure what his tuning really is but I saw his E string was tuned to C on the layout.

Anyone got a link to the article or a pic? smile

Fender 60's Strat>Fulltone OCD V4>>TC Electronics Polytune>Orange Dual Terror>Torres 2x10 Cab(with a vintage 30 and a greenback)

AD3THREE wrote:

Yeah I saw that.  They have a typo on the double neck guitars tuning.  It says its tuned up a half step and I think they mean down a half step or a whole step.  I'm not sure what his tuning really is but I saw his E string was tuned to C on the layout.

I don't have the mag. in front of me, but I thought the same thing at first.  Isn't that double neck a baritone which I thought the E string was tuned to B, if so the C would make sense.

Jim

It's actually correct. A stock baritone is tuned to B. For the live version of John Henry I use C so it's actually tuned up a half step. I haven't seen it. Is it one of the cartoon drawing rig demos?  Nick Bowcott came out and promised they wouldn't draw me in my fat days.
JB

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

It's actually correct. A stock baritone is tuned to B. For the live version of John Henry I use C so it's actually tuned up a half step. I haven't seen it. Is it one of the cartoon drawing rig demos?  Nick Bowcott came out and promised they wouldn't draw me in my fat days.
JB

Thanks Joe for the clarification!  Yes, it's the svelte Joe Bonamassa smile  Maybe we could get a copy posted on the site for those that don't have the magazine?

Thanks,
Jim

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

JB

Yeah what gives with that?  What treadmill did you buy?  Should be covered under "Joe's gear".  Need to drop afew *ahem* pounds myself and I am curious on what you owe your success to, especially with such a busy schedule.  Hi jacking the thread...sorry.  It's how I roll

Where the hell does one get a black-backed gold top anyway?

8 (edited by DaveWammbarro 2010-08-24 11:38:27)

Don't forget the little Diet Coke drawing on top of the amps...

Partial2Marshall wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

JB

Yeah what gives with that?  What treadmill did you buy?  Should be covered under "Joe's gear".  Need to drop afew *ahem* pounds myself and I am curious on what you owe your success to, especially with such a busy schedule.  Hi jacking the thread...sorry.  It's how I roll

He mentioned giving up late night junk food and learning to like vegetables.  wink

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Ahh, I stand corrected.  Forgot that it was Baritone.

It was a lifestyle change.  I look forward to be getting home for 10 days getting back on the treadmill.  I need a metabolism boost.  Santorini is great for healthy eating.. Basically fish and tomato salad.  But then there is the Mousaka.. That should be a once a month thing.  anywho... back to gear. 
Joe B

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- … 5863_n.jpg

Not the sharpest image, but hey Joe, they've got you in a RAH mood.  cool

DaveWammbarro wrote:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- … 5863_n.jpg

Not the sharpest image, but hey Joe, they've got you in a RAH mood.  cool

It's more like a cross between Dan Ackroyd and Ghostbusters!

(no offence Joe!)

"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips...."

JB LP Goldtop No. 290- Aged...rather like me.

Am I the only one that thinks Joe looks like one of the Men In Black here?  lol That would be cool if Joe could make a cameo in the next movie.  big_smile

Also, great to see our resident moderator Mr. Jim get mentioned.  cool

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

It was a lifestyle change.  I look forward to be getting home for 10 days getting back on the treadmill.  I need a metabolism boost.  Santorini is great for healthy eating.. Basically fish and tomato salad.  But then there is the Mousaka.. That should be a once a month thing.  anywho... back to gear. 
Joe B

Sounds like what I need.  I have too many amps in the only room I could put a treadmill.   big_smile   Thanks for the response and the inspiration!  One of those things I just need to make happen.

Where the hell does one get a black-backed gold top anyway?

Joe,

In the recent Premier Guitar (I think, I threw it out already, might have been GW), it said that your Supa-Trem "is on for the duration of the set". REALLY???

ruger9 wrote:

Joe,

In the recent Premier Guitar (I think, I threw it out already, might have been GW), it said that your Supa-Trem "is on for the duration of the set". REALLY???

Funny that- I just really got into trem in a big way, and I kind of hear it always in Joe's playing. I didn't know about the Fulltone, but I got the TRex and it's pretty damn good.

"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips...."

JB LP Goldtop No. 290- Aged...rather like me.

The caption says he uses 12-52. I thought he was using 11's on his Lesters.