Topic: GIVE ME ONE REASON: Tone

Doe anyone know what AMP or GEAR Joe used for his snarling tone on "Give me one reason"?  Is it the Class 5??  Thanks! -Seth

Re: GIVE ME ONE REASON: Tone

I think I read an interview w/ Lee Ritenour where he said Joe used a 100 watt Marshall of some kind.  If I remember correctly, Joe came in, Lee asked what kind of amp he wanted.  Joe asked "Got any Marshalls."  Lee said "Sure, 50 watts or 100."  Joe said "100."  And the rest is history... paraphrasing, obviously. smile

ZeyerGTR wrote:

I think I read an interview w/ Lee Ritenour where he said Joe used a 100 watt Marshall of some kind.  If I remember correctly, Joe came in, Lee asked what kind of amp he wanted.  Joe asked "Got any Marshalls."  Lee said "Sure, 50 watts or 100."  Joe said "100."  And the rest is history... paraphrasing, obviously. smile

Ha! I'll have to look up that interview I figured it was some small amp pushed into that sweet breakup.   Thanks for the reply.

4 (edited by CarljMD 2010-08-28 09:56:16)

helrazr84 wrote:

Doe anyone know what AMP or GEAR Joe used for his snarling tone on "Give me one reason"?  Is it the Class 5??  Thanks! -Seth

According to the (excellent) liner notes:  Joe played "Joe Bonamassa Gibson Les Paul #279 in Candy Apple Blue" through a 1974 Mesa Boogie Mark I.

The tone is amazing isn't it?

I really enjoyed much of this CD, particuluarly the Lukather/Schon stuff.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

It's a great disc all around, definitely.  One of my favorite albums to come along in a while (since Black Rock, anyways)!

Forgive me for asking: what cd are we talking about?

Keep rocking!

Andre'

CarljMD wrote:
helrazr84 wrote:

According to the (excellent) liner notes:  Joe played "Joe Bonamassa Gibson Les Paul #279 in Candy Apple Blue" through a 1974 Mesa Boogie Mark I.

The tone is amazing isn't it?

I really enjoyed much of this CD, particuluarly the Lukather/Schon stuff.

CarljMD

Excellent tone indeed! My favorite tone of his hands down.  I listen to the intro over and over again cause it sounds so good.  And Robert Cray's vocals are top notch.  Thanks!

André wrote:

Forgive me for asking: what cd are we talking about?

Keep rocking!

Andre'

Lee Ritenour: 6 String Theory.

Yeah you guys got it,  It was my candy apple blue JB Les Paul a Klotz cable and my 1974 Boogie Mark one.  It was my classic cash and carry LA studio set up.  I can carry both at the same time, put the diet coke, tuner and a note pad in your back pack and thats a session.  We did the recording at Henson Studios.  It was a blast.. Made a lot of new friends that day.  Its a great record all the way around.  I am very proud to be on it.  Cheers to Lee.. He is ace.
Joe Bonamassa

Good Day,

Lee Ritenour's 6 String Theory = "Exceptional" Album

Honestly, It's one of the "BEST" guitar albums I've ever heard.

Joe shines (as usual) I love the tonal and stylistic variances between

Joe and Robert Cray, Very Cool. Two exceptional players. Nirvana for the ears.

The way in which Joe plays "Give me one Reason" is just  edgy, and kinda of NASTY sounding...(HOT!)

There is some outstanding music / artists, on this album effort. I can't stop listening to it!!

Joe, I can't wait for the BCC release. I pre-ordered mine.

Outstanding effort, Joe / Lee. When can we get a follow up?????

Cheer's