1 (edited by VBacalhau 2010-09-06 13:39:49)

Topic: BCC The Great Divide Solo cover

Hi guys!

I'm new to the forum. I was figuring out in the last couple days Joe's solo on the song The Great Divide, and I just uploaded a video of it. I hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzY8jX_RQuI

Rock on!

Re: BCC The Great Divide Solo cover

Great job. Nice guitar and nice poster...  cool

....that was fab!...very well done indeed!  cool

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

4 (edited by VBacalhau 2010-09-07 07:37:34)

Thanks for the feedback guys  smile

Was a lot of fun to figure the solo out and record the video.  cool

Killer

VBacalhau wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys  smile

Was a lot of fun to figure the solo out and record the video.  cool

Gits: '03 Gibson Historic R7 Goldtop, '06 Gibson R8 Plaintop, MIJ '62 RI Strat,  and others...
Amps: '99 Marshall 1987x Plexi RI, 1969 Fender Super Reverb

My band: www.meanbones.com

Haaa!!  thats so ACE!!  You played it in such different places.  But you sound great!!  I am so honored you like the super band..
Joe Bonamassa

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Haaa!!  thats so ACE!!  You played it in such different places.  But you sound great!!  I am so honored you like the super band..
Joe Bonamassa

big_smile Thanks so much Joe! You've been a big inspiration for me ever since I discovered your music, it's a honor to read those words coming from you!

8 (edited by Rocket 2011-01-06 20:35:58)

OK Vitor.......Am I correct that was you standing right up front of Joe Bonamassa by me at Shepherd's Bush??????? That face looked familiar! I think it was you, right over my right shoulder... Yes?! No?!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I missed this when it was first posted.  Great job, especially the vibrato.  Nice guitar too.

Rocket wrote:

OK Vitor.......Am I correct that was you standing right up front of Joe Bonamassa by me at Shepherd's Bush??????? That face looked familiar! I think it was you, right over my right shoulder... Yes?! No?!

Rocket

Yep, that was me! And what a great rock concert it was!! I can't wait for the new album..!

Ah man that's great!!! I was just struggling for 15 minutes on the intro of Down Again... roll

That was friggin SWEET....nice job!!!

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

VBacalhau wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

Yep, that was me! And what a great rock concert it was!! I can't wait for the new album..!

AWESOME! MAN, how is that for Bonamassa Magic?  cool  We didn't speak to each other but we both kept looking at each other like hell yeah this is something.  big_smile We had to be here and had to be up front! I guess this here is our formal introduction to each other buddy!!!  tongue Keep up the great playing, great to see yet another aspiring younger guitarist who greatly admires Joe Bonamassa! Sorry my brain did not click at the show who you actually were!  sad

Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

14 (edited by VBacalhau 2011-01-08 07:56:04)

Rocket wrote:
VBacalhau wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

AWESOME! MAN, how is that for Bonamassa Magic?  cool  We didn't speak to each other but we both kept looking at each other like hell yeah this is something.  big_smile We had to be here and had to be up front! I guess this here is our formal introduction to each other buddy!!!  tongue Keep up the great playing, great to see yet another aspiring younger guitarist who greatly admires Joe Bonamassa! Sorry my brain did not click at the show who you actually were!  sad

Rocket

Ah! That's it! Well, next time BCC tours around here I'm sure we'll be in the same place again!

Thanks for the kind words!

Thought I would take my turn at covering this song. When it first came out, I was blown away. So I set about sounding it out and attempting to play it. Hope you like it. I'm in Phoenix and haven't seen any tour dates come this way, but will be seeing Joe's band In Tucson Feb. 22/2011. Really looking forward to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxWJUYrVdIc

Wayne