Topic: Joe and his new DGN Custom Guitar

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luthier … p-but.html

Re: Joe and his new DGN Custom Guitar

Nice find .. nothing is a secret these days.. I am a huge fan of Ry Cooder... His slide and guitar playing give me shivers..  I met him once at Truetone Music in Santa Monica when I was living in Malibu.. Miss that place honestly.. My old house is now a studio.. You can guess who I rented it from.. Kevin was uber nice to let me live there...  The house of happier times so to speak.  Anywho.... this guitar is a tribute to one of my ultimate heros.  its sounds amazing..  Dan did a wonderful job.  I will not play it on stage because its Ry's design.  I will use it to record and be inspired.  Ry Cooder, Paul Kossoff, Eric Clapton and Eric Johnson are my primary inspirations..  its cool to have a defacto replica..  the DeArmond is so cool....
Joe Bonamassa
THANKS DAN!!  and Thanks Kent! for hooking me up ...

That's the coolest Strat I've ever seen - just georgeous - happy playing, Joe!  cool

no photos of the headstock?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Looks great Joe  cool hope your having a great time with it, always liked Cooder's altered strats, especially the shell pink one with a p-90 in the bridge  big_smile

Meet the family:
56 CS relic strat, 07 Eric Clapton strat, 05 Am. Deluxe Tele, 60 Les Paul V.O.S,
2010 Gibson J-45 Standard, 59 Fender Champion lap steel, 01 PRS Artist package custom 24 smile