Topic: Dumble 1x12?

Hey all,

I'm looking to get a dumble type tone in a 1x12, 20 watt(ish) package. Is this even possible? I know about the brown note d'lite 22, but it's just too expensive right now. What all do you recommend?

Thanks!
Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Re: Dumble 1x12?

Tweed Deluxe?  Guys like Larry Carlton used them pre Dumble.  Also, perhaps a small Mesa Boogie combo like a MKIII or DC-3, those can be pretty Dumble-y when EQ'd properly.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

FUCHS might have a 1x12 combo amp. Not sure about TwoRock

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Easy- A used Fuchs or a fuchs modded Fender/traynor/music man. These can be had for right around 1K.

There's a Fuchs modded Champ (or there was) on TGP.

Andy's amps have a full/half power switch as well to get you down to the wattage you are seeking. Always nice to have more power if you ever need it which makes the triode/pentode set up really appealing.

I would suggest at Boogie mark 1 or 2b.  I found mine in the 1000 dollar range.  They are out there.  Also a good amp is the Rivera made super champs from the 80's.  It ll do the dumbly thing a bit. 
Joe B

Why don't you check out the Ceriatone ODS line?  Either build it yourself to save, or buy one of their pre-assembled ones.  From memory I think they only do head units, but you might find a combo option on their site?

For the record, I have a Mesa/Boogie MkIIB and it comes close to a Dumble tone for me, especially when I push it using my Analogman Comprosser pedal.

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Just keep in mind true total cost you'll be spending, as many times someone states $2k is out of budget, want to spend $1k, than after they get amp, they spend $200 on replacement speaker, change tubes and before you know it, you weren't too far off from getting a TR Jet Combo used or a D-lite 22 combo new for $2k (could be less if you can negotiate). 

If you're so close and only $1k away, wait out saving period or sell a piece of gear....patience, you're so close to getting what you want....a great amp and not a decent amp that will get you close to tone you want.