Topic: Pictures of joe's les paul used on the gibson vids.

Hi there everybody

I'm hooked up on those vids on youtube from gibson where joe plays that great looking lp with the black straplocks.

Whould like to have some pictures of that one and also what amp joe's playing that.

I'm searching for that tone for a longggg time  smile

Would it be a dsl 100 or a silver jubilee?

Grtz raf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJcwKzsZv0A

Happy holidays everybody

2 (edited by AndreS 2010-12-19 14:09:37)

Re: Pictures of joe's les paul used on the gibson vids.

I cannot help you with the amplifier but as far as I know, that is just a 59 RI.

Here is Bridge to Better days where he uses it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyEdUajXBsI

EDIT: I mixed up the guitars, fixed the post.

I think that it's ,,the one that's on the truck"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kco8BEcClyQ

but without bigsby and white hardware.

As for amp... I'm not sure but I think that I've read here that it was 5 watt Epiphone amp smile  I can't remember how they called it...

I want to say its actually a '58 RI... but not positive. Here's a picture of what it looks like now.

http://www.woodytone.com/wp-content/upl … twomey.jpg

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

DamZet wrote:

I think that it's ,,the one that's on the truck"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kco8BEcClyQ

but without bigsby and white hardware.

As for amp... I'm not sure but I think that I've read here that it was 5 watt Epiphone amp smile  I can't remember how they called it...

I think you're right.......the amp, the Valve Junior?

AndreS wrote:

Yeah  But I'm not sure at all big_smile

And again, I'm not sure but as I know this LP's got a Seymour Duncan Pickups  smile

DamZet wrote:
AndreS wrote:

Yeah  But I'm not sure at all big_smile

And again, I'm not sure but as I know this LP's got a Seymour Duncan Pickups  smile

Ok, that one I've never heard, but you could be right. The only pickups I know that Joe uses are the BB 2 and 3 and the original PAF pickups in another Les Paul.

The Guitar is a 1998 58 Reissue Les Paul.. It now currently resides on the side of the semi truck and has black hardware with a bigsby.  Its funny this thread comes up the guitar was brought out of storage restrung and used all day on a session I did in Santa Monica.   Its a great guitar with a very cool top..  The history of the guitar is that I bought it from the House of Guitars in Rochester NY in 2003.  It is also the guitar that I used for all the specs and contours of the JB model.  Thats when the video was shot .. The very weekend my model was designed..  A little history of that guitar.  I call the guitar Winston....  As in Winston Cup Nascar... Due to it being on the side of a semi truck... cool
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

The Guitar is a 1998 58 Reissue Les Paul.. It now currently resides on the side of the semi truck and has black hardware with a bigsby.  Its funny this thread comes up the guitar was brought out of storage restrung and used all day on a session I did in Santa Monica.   Its a great guitar with a very cool top..  The history of the guitar is that I bought it from the House of Guitars in Rochester NY in 2003.  It is also the guitar that I used for all the specs and contours of the JB model.  Thats when the video was shot .. The very weekend my model was designed..  A little history of that guitar.  I call the guitar Winston....  As in Winston Cup Nascar... Due to it being on the side of a semi truck... cool
Joe B

Darn.....I always forget that there are 58 RI's with flamed tops....

Thats cool that thats the guitar you used for the contours, I must say I love the top on that guitar especially the area around the bridge.

This one sticks to me all the time i think JB music and great tone..  big_smile

Thanks for the story Joe.

Could you tell me also what amp you used on those vids? dsl 100 perhaps?

Greetings from Belgium.

Raf

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Thats funny, my friends call me Winston!

Logan(Winston)

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

12 (edited by aussiemeats 2010-12-21 10:11:08)

Good Day,

AndreS........ 

Joe does have at least, one LP  that has Seymour Duncan Antiquities installed on it.

From the "Encyclopedia Of Joe Bonamassa Guitar Help" on this site: By Joe

"The Tom Murphy 58 has Seymor Duncans"

I believe this is the guitar that has the Antiquities on it...(Joe can correct me if I'm wrong)

I have them as well...and I  can testify that for a Vintage style pickup..they SING.

I had mine potted...by SD because there was a bit of feed back initially because

I play at higher gain levels.

They are exceptional pickups, well worth, putting on any humbucking style guitar

They sound outstanding on my Epi Gold Top LP.

Cheers