Topic: Favorite piece of gear you bought in 2010?

I am going with my Peavey Classic 30, was looking for a vintage Ampeg but keep missing deals when I found the C30 on craigslist. I went and checked it out, had an upgraded V30 speaker and JJ tubes, clean channel was real nice and the OD channel sounded great to. Its light weight for grab and go jams and is very loud for 30 watts. Its slowly becoming my go to amp for gigs since I am lazy and don’t want to carry the 412. It’s the older model without the giant ugly Peavey logo and it’s in perfect shape.  Best of all is after gigs people always ask me what kind of fender amp is it. The look of shock on their faces when I say it’s a Peavey is priceless, not bad for $300.

Honorable mention is my Digitech Timebender it’s a delay, looper and pitch shifter all in one!

So what’s on your list?

Re: Favorite piece of gear you bought in 2010?

Hmmm.... I'm going for my Epiphone Dove Acoustic. Unless someones say it sounds great to me. I love it!

I don't charge for mistakes. - Joe Bonamassa

It's been a great gear year! It started with a new amp, Reeves Custom 50 PS, a couple of pedals from Mr. Cornish (P2 and SS-3) and ended with a TC 2290 Delay! Very very very happy with all purchases:-).

Best of all: I "discovered" Joe Bonamassa! I've been focusing on Floyd and some heavy metal stuff for many years and had drifted away from the blues. I started playing in a blues band last autumn and I returned to the blues again. Imagine: being almost 40, and not heard of Joe until May 2010. I should be punished! :-) But it's absolutely wonderful to find a "new" artist and buy all cd's and dvd's. So many wonderful hours of listening and reading interesting stuff on this forum. Life is great!

Go with the blues,

André

This is a good question.

I enjoyed my Plum Crazy Si-Clops Fuzz - ...a lot of fun.

RAT Amps 18w Plexi - great sound, build and weight.

Jet City 20H

Awesome crunch.

Can't choose just one...

Ceriatone 2550.

3 Echoplex EP-3's.....those are fun.

Fulltone '70 Fuzz.....don't know how I lived without one.

No amps this year which is incredible for me.  Almost bought a Two Rock CRS V1 and/or a Carol Ann OD2-100.  I think for now I've settled on the old Marshalls and Fenders.  2010 was a nice year for appreciating the gear I already had and doing the most with it.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

PRS DGT Tobacco Sunburst, 10 Top and modern birds. Stunning and worth the 3 years of saving. Close second is my cornell plexi 7.

Nothing too extravagent

but  PROVIDENCE SOV SD2 od pedal is such a fantastic overdrive pedal especially with an already distorted sound all it does is add some mids and some grease, top quality pedal

also my LEHLE SGOS DUAL is great you get what you pay for simple and effective

My local Guitar store has  MARSHALL 6100 30TH anniversary 100w head going 2nd hand for
£450 I think that is fair price for what is basically 3 amps in one but havent pulled the trigger on it yet  big_smile

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS

for sure  big_smile

Gibson Les Paul R9
Gibson Custom Johnny A.
Gibson Custom B.B. King

been a nice year  cool

Gotta be my orange dual terror. After 4 + years of having the same sounds, this is such a breath of fresh air, I swear I'm sounding and playing better than before. Also love my mxr/cae line driver, simple yet so good and it has bonamassa forum mojo!

Fender 60's Strat>Fulltone OCD V4>>TC Electronics Polytune>Orange Dual Terror>Torres 2x10 Cab(with a vintage 30 and a greenback)

Two Rock Jet Combo 20-Watt Amp.

BonaBurst #08
50 Anniv. 59 Les Paul reissue

The Power Scaling I had added to my Trainwreck Express Clone ..best money I've ever spent on gear  big_smile

17 (edited by jclark42796 2010-12-21 18:08:31)

JBLP GT #18, just put on a new TonePros bridge, killer guitar  cool

Probably the Rickenbacker 325c58. A reissue of the guitar John Lennon bought in Hamburg in 1962.

http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=325C58MG

20 3/4 scale
3 vintage toasters
5 lbs.

Honorable mention to the Jet City 100 watt head. With the factory rebate and the GC Father's Day discount, to my door around $550 including shipping. For an all-valve Soldano designed amp.

With some well deserved time off over the holidays, I intend to "jam with toast(ers)"  cool

Major Tom to ground control...