Topic: The Dunlop JBF3 Signature Fuzz Face

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I … eview.aspx

Awesome!

Based on the clips posted, I would like to run the Fuzz knob just below the level posted in the 2nd clip.

January 2011?

Re: The Dunlop JBF3 Signature Fuzz Face

Sounds like a fuzzface.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

I was really holding out for one until i found out that theres no A/C adapter input. I really prefer not to mess with batteries.. sounds/looks great though

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Logo33 wrote:

I was really holding out for one until i found out that theres no A/C adapter input. I really prefer not to mess with batteries.. sounds/looks great though

What?

Only battery operated?

Hmm...

when
when when
WHEN?!

michaeljohn wrote:

when
when when
WHEN?!

Top of the article says January 2011.

But no AC input? Boy that will get annoying to change batteries....

AndreS wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:

when
when when
WHEN?!

Top of the article says January 2011.

But no AC input? Boy that will get annoying to change batteries....

i never use ac power for my fuzz.
i only have one fuzz with an LED!
the battery really can have a significant impact on the sound and sort of becomes a PART of the circuit.

they last forever too. . .

there is a debate on battery verses not battery... Truth be told they do sound like Fuzz faces with a battery... Its part of the compression and the charm.  Im stoked that they are coming out.  Theses have been in the works for over three years.. Thanks to Jimmy and all at Dunlop for doing this..  A uber big thanks to Jeorge Tripps for designing the pedal and for starting the whole project 3 years ago..  Im excited for you all to hear them. 
PS. If you use them for about 600 shows.. They look like old pennies..
Joe Bonamassa

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

there is a debate on battery verses not battery... Truth be told they do sound like Fuzz faces with a battery... Its part of the compression and the charm.  Im stoked that they are coming out.  Theses have been in the works for over three years.. Thanks to Jimmy and all at Dunlop for doing this..  A uber big thanks to Jeorge Tripps for designing the pedal and for starting the whole project 3 years ago..  Im excited for you all to hear them. 
PS. If you use them for about 600 shows.. They look like old pennies..
Joe Bonamassa

Interesting, I never heard about the battery vs non battery before. It will be interesting to read up on that and get some more opinions. So your Fuzz Face runs on batteries as well then?

It sounds great I must say and it will be cool to own a Joe Bonamassa Signature Fuzz Face. It has a nice ring to it lol.

Is it a limited edition? I would really like to have one but if it won't be available in Poland I would have to order it from the US and that might be problem...

$200...seems a good price.

...but will this be hand-wired for 200? And I'm thinking it's more like 200 English pounds over here anyway...hmm...let's see.

Good Day,

Congratulations Joe on the new Fuzzface project with Dunlop.

The battery vs non battery..debate is a NON ISSUE.

If you require some type of constant DC source, there are battery adapters

that come with the Godlyke power supply kits. Snap it on, and "PRESTO"

you have a constant DC power source.

What would be interesting in my view would be, a variable DC power source

that you could connect, which would allow you to "Dial in" the voltage

to the device..another words you could use a Potentiometer to go from a full

9V (or 18 if the system will take it) down to 4V or 5V or lower, whatever you desire,

to get the faded battery effect. I have no doubt that one could be

easily fabricated.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas to all

Joe it looks pretty cool.....battery is the way to go because I  still have my 70's Original Blue Dallas Artibar made in England Fuzz face....
still works great after all of these years ..along with my old Crybaby. I wish I would have kept the box for it. I think I paid about $25-30 it back then..

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Looks cool and all, but I am perplexed with the SIZE of this thing.

I've made arbiter fuzzes before, and the PCB is only the size of a matchbox.  This thing is going to take a LOT of pedalboard real estate...  yikes

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Devan wrote:

Looks cool and all, but I am perplexed with the SIZE of this thing.

I've made arbiter fuzzes before, and the PCB is only the size of a matchbox.  This thing is going to take a LOT of pedalboard real estate...  yikes

i always leave the fuzz off the board and on the floor.  fuzz first is my thang.  it lets me change 'em like my moods or my underwear. .. .

the rest of my board is totally static. . . 

the fuzz is my sex.

you always want sumpin' new. . . . or that you haven't had in awhile. . .

yikes

aussiemeats wrote:

Good Day,

Congratulations Joe on the new Fuzzface project with Dunlop.

The battery vs non battery..debate is a NON ISSUE.

If you require some type of constant DC source, there are battery adapters

that come with the Godlyke power supply kits. Snap it on, and "PRESTO"

you have a constant DC power source.

What would be interesting in my view would be, a variable DC power source

that you could connect, which would allow you to "Dial in" the voltage

to the device..another words you could use a Potentiometer to go from a full

9V (or 18 if the system will take it) down to 4V or 5V or lower, whatever you desire,

to get the faded battery effect. I have no doubt that one could be

easily fabricated.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas to all

The Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ will do that (SAG)

Those sound samples don't do much for me. I know the sounds JB can get out of that pedal, but as a sales pitch for the less educated purchaser, the sound clips seem a little lacking. $200 seems like a lot for a Fuzz Face too. I bought a Fuzz Face on The Gear Page a couple weeks ago and sold it yesterday for the exact same price I bought it for ($75). I loved the sound and the sustain, but the thing's just too goldarn big. I play in pretty small venues and it had way too big a footprint. I bought a Lil' Big Muff instead, also on TGP for $40. I know it's not the same thing as a FF by any means, but as much as I'm planning on using (i.e. not much) it'll do the job until I decide to take the plunge on a Sunface.

"Another song, another mile." - The Black Crowes

I can't wait to get one of these bad boys when they come out.

All right now Joe you've got a Signature Custom Shop guitar, a signature Epiphone Guitar, a signature fuzz face. I think all we need now is a signature acoustic, a signature wah, and a Marshall signature Jubilee.

Congrats on the fuzz! Can't wait to see you in March!