1 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2011-01-05 13:56:41)

Topic: JB signature Fuzz Face Release Date

Is anybody aware of EXACTLY when these will be available?  hmm

http://www.jimdunlop.com/blog/?tag=joe- … -fuzz-face

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: JB signature Fuzz Face Release Date

My guess would be the NAMM show next week at the earliest. There was a thread where Joe said it'd be out in January.

I received an email from Anna Rasmussen at Dunlop on 11/23/10 and she was not able to give me an exact date for the release, but she did state that Joe's site would be the first to offer the copper-top Fuzz Face.  Also about a month ago Joe did post that he had signed off on the box design or as he referred to it as "copy."

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

I spoke with Dunlap yesterday and she told me on Jan 14

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

From what I heard it will be at the NAMM show.

Good Morning Nic,
Thank you for your e-mail. All release dates will be available after NAMM, this week. I should have the available ship dates in about two weeks. The JBF3 is specifically voiced for Joe's Bonamassa's tone. Unfortunately, until the pedal is released I am unable to provide further detail. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank You and Warmest Regards,

Anna Rasmussen

Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc.
(707) 745-2722

www.jimdunlop.com

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Just ordered mine through GC......they're not ready to be shipped but they are taking orders

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

Where did you find it??

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Logo33 wrote:

Where did you find it??

On the J Dunlop website.  I called and she told me they were taking orders BUT they have to charge full mfg suggested price which is more than $100 more than going through Guitar Center

I can't even find it on the GC website

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

I am thinking about it, but if it does not have a 9 v tap (like the hendrix fuzz face) it will be a deal breaker for me...

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

Dunlop published the info on the JBF3 but i can't find it anywhere for ordering

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/joe-bo … -fuzz-face

I really want to hear a bonafide demo of it.  I know Joe did some minor playing with it at his rig rundowns, but I want a GMD style type of demo, with more conventional amps, and knob tweaking before buying it.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

I just spoke to my salesperson at GC and here's additional info:  my order is in, but according to Dunlop, the only units made are those at NAAM.  Depending on interest, they will produce anywhere from 250 - 1000 units for this years production.  My order is supposed to be filled in Feb.  Sorry if I mislead in any way

Is the only way to place an order to speak directly to a salesperson?

macg1 wrote:

I really want to hear a bonafide demo of it.  I know Joe did some minor playing with it at his rig rundowns, but I want a GMD style type of demo, with more conventional amps, and knob tweaking before buying it.

ain't no knob tweaking on a fuzzface.

turn the fuzz on full and the volume anywhere from unity to full.

afaic, it's the only way to run a fuzzface.

. . . . don't even know why they put a fuzz knob on 'em. . . .

for the record, i don't need a demo of this or anything george has his hands in anymore.  everything he's touched since coming to dunlop has been a home run. . .

macg1 wrote:

I really want to hear a bonafide demo of it.

Me too. I am interested, but as I have enough pedals I will have to hear it before buying it.

I could do with  fuzz if any of my usual online dealer get it.