Topic: Jools Holland Gear

Alright, so I think most of us have already seen this video? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1VYMKfTZaI

Of course we can see Joe uses his signature Les Paul but what goes further?
I think I can see a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100 watter, through a 2x12 cab.
I'm not sure but as I can see through the size of that cab, it can't be a Marshall 1922, this must be a 1936.
So are there EV-12L's in the cab? I don't know!
If you look at about  0:09  you can see a pedal, as this pedal is (in my sight) green I guess this is the TS808.
I think there is another pedal next to it, I believe it's a DD3 but I really can't see that, the monitor is blocking the sight.
Maybe Joe could answer this question? What was the full gear?

Thanks!
Rick

I don't charge for mistakes. - Joe Bonamassa

Re: Jools Holland Gear

The amp is definitely a Marshall Vintage Modern even if it looks similar to DSL it's got a blue light.
And this blue pedal looks like boss CH-1 super chorus and I can hear some chorus in Joe's sound big_smile

i think there was a thread where joe mentioned what he used.

sure it was JB les paul (52?)>TS808>CH-1>Vintage modern 100 watt?

Fender 60's Strat>Fulltone OCD V4>>TC Electronics Polytune>Orange Dual Terror>Torres 2x10 Cab(with a vintage 30 and a greenback)

Halesie wrote:

i think there was a thread where joe mentioned what he used.

sure it was JB les paul (52?)>TS808>CH-1>Vintage modern 100 watt?

Yeah I agree...as far as I can see there aren't any other pedals hooked up. However, the vintage modern might be customised somehow but you never know! tongue

DamZet wrote:

The amp is definitely a Marshall Vintage Modern even if it looks similar to DSL it's got a blue light.
And this blue pedal looks like boss CH-1 super chorus and I can hear some chorus in Joe's sound big_smile

Yeah, I saw the blue light too, I though it was maybe stage lighthing but if you look closely to the lay out a little while after that shot you actually can see it's a vintage modern. thanks!

Yeah it was a Vintage Modern Marshall amp with a 1962 model celestion cabinet straight from John Henry's in London. 
Joe B

That Vintage Modern sounded pretty raw and nasty!  What was with the drummer though?? He seemed pretty choppy and hard to follow, but cool stick twirls!  -S

Gilson Lavis is one of my favourite drummers on the planet.. I have had the honor to play with the greats... Bonham, Fig, Bergman, Calautta and Cromwell and Gilson is up there with the best..
Joe B

I just love the expression on Jool's face on 1:45 and 3:08.  cool

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Yeah it was a Vintage Modern Marshall amp with a 1962 model celestion cabinet straight from John Henry's in London. 
Joe B

Alright, thanks Joe!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Gilson Lavis is one of my favourite drummers on the planet.. I have had the honor to play with the greats... Bonham, Fig, Bergman, Calautta and Cromwell and Gilson is up there with the best..
Joe B

He's also darned cool.....!

I am a big fan of Mark Flanagan - Jools' guit player. Razor sharp bluesman- lovely economical chops- Cropper-esque.

"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips...."

JB LP Goldtop No. 290- Aged...rather like me.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

His drumming reminded me of the Ginger Baker groove on some of the old "Crossroads" recordings.  -S

1962 cabinet?

There's a 1962?

As usual, Joe smokes on whatever he plays!