Topic: Cancelled My Joe B. Epiphone

Bet that got some attention.  big_smile  Sorry bout that.

I was just thinking,if it wasn't for Chuck getting me an E-Bay lead on one,I have no idea if I would have been left out in the rain without. So maybe this is a good idea,maybe not. If it's not then ,admin. delete this topic. Thanks

But what I was thinking was if anyone here that has one on backorder was to cancell ,like I'm about to do in the next few minutes from Zzounds,why not post it here,so maybe they will land in a fans hands. Just a thought.

Re: Cancelled My Joe B. Epiphone

That's a good idea Jerrdog.  It certainly loads the dice in favour of board members.

What The Fuzz ?!

Hey Guys,
         Im sorry these Epi's have been such a problem..  I meant to make them readily available for everybody.. Nor Epiphone or I honestly anticipate the demand... Yikes..!!!  The guys at Epi are good folks.. They will make sure we sort out the issues.. Everybody who ordered one will get his or hers... If i have to take shop class and make them myself...  cool
Joe Bonamassa

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Guys,
         Im sorry these Epi's have been such a problem..  I meant to make them readily available for everybody.. Nor Epiphone or I honestly anticipate the demand... Yikes..!!!  The guys at Epi are good folks.. They will make sure we sort out the issues.. Everybody who ordered one will get his or hers... If i have to take shop class and make them myself...  cool
Joe Bonamassa

LOL Thats to cool Joe,one of the reasons I wanted one,was your input on the building of these. Building guitars is a blast,my son and I had a load of fun days in the shop. If you do take a class don't hurt them hands,we still need more tunes.  And dang you got like 1000 of these things to sign now. LOL

....be careful with those wood chisels Joe... those fingers are gold dust!  wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

If there's a standard Gibson run in the works, I'll save up. cool

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Ok.....so the.Epi  I ordered 10/18 and arrived last week with a broken neck is being replaced sometime next week...so, any opinions....do I forgo the Epi and save a bit longer for the Gibson?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

Denbon18 wrote:

Ok.....so the.Epi  I ordered 10/18 and arrived last week with a broken neck is being replaced sometime next week...so, any opinions....do I forgo the Epi and save a bit longer for the Gibson?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Bang for the buck are these Epi-Gold top Joe Bonamassa's...it's totally up to you if you have the extra $$$$ to spend or not..on a Gibson (any model)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Denbon18 wrote:

Unless you are a pro or just have to have the Gibson, I think you will find the Epi to be an amazing instrument - especially for the money.  I have 10 guitars including 3 Gibson Les Pauls (Standard, Studio, 50's Tribute).  The JB Epi is not in any way second rate compared to my Gibsons.  Down the road I think you will kick yourself for not being patient.  Its not every day you can score a limited edition guitar from one of your favorite guitarists.  And who's to say if there is a Gibson USA version that it will be any easier to get?

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

I wish there were a Gibby Joe B. model for around $2000

hint  hint

big_smile

11 (edited by lvbluesboy 2011-02-09 15:07:51)

I totally agree with dknight16. The bang for the buck and value on this limited edition run is more than worth it IMHO.

After the multitude of issues some of our forum members have posted I keep going back and staring at mine expecting to find something grieviously wrong, but am happy to report I have not been successful.

Mine has an almost imperceptible (spelling maybe, wish the forum had spell check big_smile ) twist in the headstock that you have to really look for. There is also a very small dent (?) in the top of the case about the size of a dime, which is also not worth returning it for.

Overall, I am very pleased and hope everyone that ordered one will indeed end up with a good one.

Mine came from Musician's Friend and was double boxed. Outer box, padding, inner box, more padding and finally the case itself. There was even a break in the outer box. Good old UPS.

Anyway, keep the faith those of you who haven't received theirs yet and I know Joe will bust heads to make sure any issues are taken care of. He is just that kind of guy.  smile

Nothin' but the Blues

Jerrdog, glad I could help!  I'll keep my eyes out in case anybody else wants one.  It's almost as much fun for me to shop for someone else's toys, since I only get to buy them once in a while for myself!  smile

When it rains it pours!

Last week I went looking for a dealer who may still have stock or guitars on backorder and had no luck.  Just the other day on the other thread Petty recommended George's Music and as luck would have it they had the guitar in one of their stores and now it is being shipped to Philly and should be here Monday.  By chance I also called ZZounds and was also able to get on their backorder list since they had not sold them all, but delivery is not expected until sometime after March 10th.  Then I get a call this morning from Guitar Center and they have one as well and it is now being shipped to a nearby Guitar Center store.

So now I have three guitars coming to Philly, what's a poor sod to do?  Based on what I have read on the other thread I think it would be wise to at least let the two guitars come to George's & Guitar Center and pick the best one and if I get a good one out those two I'll cancel my ZZounds order.

Or could there be any reason to own two of these guitars?

Whatever the outcome I will let Forum members know where I canceled my order so someone else can have the opportunity to own one of these guitars.  If anyone in the Philly area is looking for one just reach out and I'll let you know where the other guitar will be  if I select one of the two.

Joe I know you mean well about taking shop class and making the guitars yourself, but please keep your hands away from the power tools.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

14 (edited by Jerrdogg 2011-02-10 08:52:00)

Chuck B wrote:

Jerrdog, glad I could help!  I'll keep my eyes out in case anybody else wants one.  It's almost as much fun for me to shop for someone else's toys, since I only get to buy them once in a while for myself!  smile

Thanks Chuck again. Well it came yesterday UPS ,but I gotta work so I can pay for it. LOL So they wouldn't leave it,signed the UPS slip and it should be there tonight when I get there.Come on 5:30 whisle.

Dang looky there,I'm a silver member now. Must gonna be a good day.

15 (edited by Jerrdogg 2011-02-10 20:20:41)

For those that didn't see my guitar when I opened it today.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 … rs/ep4.jpg

Will stick with the stand by.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 … lepaul.jpg   wink

DV247 should now have a spare for order in the UK  smile

I've cancelled my order today and pre ordered the new Studio model

17 (edited by Jerrdogg 2011-03-05 12:11:58)

Well my Saga continues. This last LP I got with the broken neck came from ,a shop in Rodchester,NY,on the internet they go by a different name. I spoke with them today after waiting all day and they say they have 1 left. Now I'm waiting on a UPS shipping label to send this one back,before they will ship the next one. I spoke with the main guy,and asked if he would please watch over the packing and detune it.He said he would do all he could. Who know's,gonna go work on the bulid,at this rate it will be up and rocking before I get me JB LP. LOL

Since I picked up my Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Les Paul on Saturday I have just canceled my ZZound order so if anyone is looking for one you can give them a call.  Of course they are on backorder and are not expected to ship before March 10th.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.