1 (edited by Josu 2011-02-09 17:41:35)

Topic: New "affordable" Gibson Bonamassa LP?

It sounds great, did you see what Joe said in hsi Facebook?

Received a factory Gibson JB proto.. plays great.. I hope to get them out soon.. Qudos to Gibson for doing a great job making a affordable guitar play and sound great.

Anyone may enlight us??

Cheers

Josu

Re: New "affordable" Gibson Bonamassa LP?

OK, I answer myself: http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-gui … ld-top.asp

Great!!!

Studio eh? That's surprising, but cool none the less.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

For less, I got my 1995 Standard with BK Mules and upgrades.
Just not for me.

Some may love.

Im unsure now whether to cancel my Epi order with Andertons and swap for the Gibson. Part of me would just feel getting a Gibson is more special, especially as I have an Epi SG. Do you guys think there will be a major difference and it is worth the big difference in price? Also, will the Epi be better than similar priced gibsons? I'm a Strat man so my knowledge on Gibsons is limited! I want something thats going to make some f*ckin noise now!

markjwiggins wrote:

Im unsure now whether to cancel my Epi order with Andertons and swap for the Gibson. Part of me would just feel getting a Gibson is more special, especially as I have an Epi SG. Do you guys think there will be a major difference and it is worth the big difference in price? Also, will the Epi be better than similar priced gibsons? I'm a Strat man so my knowledge on Gibsons is limited! I want something thats going to make some f*ckin noise now!

Same boat Mark ..but a different shop ..I'm thinking maybe both though as 600 worldwide isn't a lot for the Gibson!

dave_5150 wrote:
markjwiggins wrote:

Same boat Mark ..but a different shop ..I'm thinking maybe both though as 600 worldwide isn't a lot for the Gibson!

That'd be nice but for someone who could really use a new car 2 grand is a lot of money!

I hope the neck profile is the same as the CS models.  I will have to keep my eye out for one of these.

From my perspective the quality of Gibson USA and Epiphone guitars is close to equal. The only difference is where they are made. I'm surprised that Joe went with a "studio" model, but then again, he wants as many of his fans as possible to own one so probably asked Gibson to strip it down for an affordability aspect.

600 worldwide? Get your orders in NOW!

Major Tom to ground control...

RICjunkie wrote:

From my perspective the quality of Gibson USA and Epiphone guitars is close to equal. The only difference is where they are made. I'm surprised that Joe went with a "studio" model, but then again, he wants as many of his fans as possible to own one so probably asked Gibson to strip it down for an affordability aspect.

600 worldwide? Get your orders in NOW!

I have little idea where you get this from...
I'm not saying the JB models are bad...but wow, have you tried some recent Epi guitars?
Electrics and pups are worse than beginners guitars...frets are sharp, finish is less than sheen.

I think this Studio could be nice...

Gibson lost it long ago..I am happy with mine...but damn if I'd buy one off the net...ANY model.

Plus the Studio will have the original headstock...I hate the look of Epi LP headstocks... roll

I wait to see first pics before deciding anything but the idea sounds so sweet.

I don't like websites that post it before it's available and without pics!  yikes

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Based on my distaste for Studio models, I'd prefer an Epiphone.  Its great though that Joe B is doing this though none the less.  I was hoping for a Standard LP Model with the JB upgrades as far as wiring, pups, and nylon saddles.  Not taking it as far as a Goldtop or a black backed guitar with mismatched knobs, low headstock logo etc.  Basically what most people do to their standards except already like that out of the box.  -Seth

Not to promote any particular store as I have no stake. Wildwood is getting what I believe is 10 or more of the JB Gibson Studio GT's. Call Wildwood, or your local store, and reserve one!

Thx for the info....interesting
I thought Joe was coming out with another model instead of a Gold top again...

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:

Thx for the info....interesting
I thought Joe was coming out with another model instead of a Gold top again...

Yea, me too. Specially when he has not been playing these Goldtops with black hardware in the last tour...(even if I like the guitar).

Spider wrote:

Not to promote any particular store as I have no stake. Wildwood is getting what I believe is 10 or more of the JB Gibson Studio GT's. Call Wildwood, or your local store, and reserve one!

got 1 reserved , thanks for the ifo.  smile

Alright I got one reserved at wildwood guitars! Thanks for the heads up! Ive been lurking here for quite awhile and decided to register to announce this monumental moment in my life lol! My first gibby les paul. I had an order at AMS for an Epi JB but cancelled when I heard about the gibson tribute guitars, but when I heard a whisper on here about a studio JB model I had to cancel yet again and jump on it! Especially with the limited run of guitars. Really looking forward to this guitar!