1 (edited by Ted179 2011-02-22 19:36:49)

Topic: Joe's flame top in this months TG?

Just wondering if anyone knows if that is his 59 reissue that he got fitted with the bigsby and black plastic hardware? It's described as his sig model, although I did notice that the Gibson logo is lowered the same as his sig, but I didn't think 59ers had that? I think only Joe can clear this up? Sorry for being an a geek guys........

Re: Joe's flame top in this months TG?

Sorry just noticed I've made mistake in posting...the topic should read " Joe's flame top in this months TG" feel free to change this cos I don't know how to:(

It's actually a '58 RI. His signature model is the gold top with the black back and relic gold finish.

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

4 (edited by AndreS 2011-02-22 21:08:07)

There was a thread on this a while back. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15873

Joe Says:

The Guitar is a 1998 58 Reissue Les Paul.. It now currently resides on the side of the semi truck and has black hardware with a bigsby.  Its funny this thread comes up the guitar was brought out of storage restrung and used all day on a session I did in Santa Monica.   Its a great guitar with a very cool top..  The history of the guitar is that I bought it from the House of Guitars in Rochester NY in 2003.  It is also the guitar that I used for all the specs and contours of the JB model.  Thats when the video was shot .. The very weekend my model was designed..  A little history of that guitar.  I call the guitar Winston....  As in Winston Cup Nascar... Due to it being on the side of a semi truck... 
Joe B

He should rename it Nextel

AndreS wrote:

There was a thread on this a while back. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15873

Joe Says:

The Guitar is a 1998 58 Reissue Les Paul.. It now currently resides on the side of the semi truck and has black hardware with a bigsby.  Its funny this thread comes up the guitar was brought out of storage restrung and used all day on a session I did in Santa Monica.   Its a great guitar with a very cool top..  The history of the guitar is that I bought it from the House of Guitars in Rochester NY in 2003.  It is also the guitar that I used for all the specs and contours of the JB model.  Thats when the video was shot .. The very weekend my model was designed..  A little history of that guitar.  I call the guitar Winston....  As in Winston Cup Nascar... Due to it being on the side of a semi truck... 
Joe B

I thought this was a recent pic taken for or by TG, if so it couldn't be his 58' with bigsby! That's what I was asking sorry for any confusion caused, also I knew it wasn't his sig mod because I am the very proud owner of JBLP 179, which is a stunning guitar in it's own right and that's what drew me to it, exccept I do miss the retaining wire, which I can't get anywhere!!

Actually that guitar is a 1999 Gary Rossington Signature model.. I have had that one for awhile.  It is the unofficial Black Country Communion guitar.  It just fits that band after years of struggling to find a place...
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Actually that guitar is a 1999 Gary Rossington Signature model.. I have had that one for awhile.  It is the unofficial Black Country Communion guitar.  It just fits that band after years of struggling to find a place...
Joe B

Thanks Joe, for clearing that up..... Beautiful guitar.... Wicked flame top! Look forward to hearing it hopefully at high voltage fest!!