Topic: Joe's Warm Up & Small Gig Rig

So I was reading the Bonamassa-news and saw this picture:

http://jbonamassa.com/wp-content/upload … C00101.jpg

I remember seeing this set-up at Bob&Tom when he was playing 'Blue and Evil'.
But what surprised me was that Joe's warm-up rig changed from a small Marshall Class 5 to a Marshall Bluesbreaker (I'm guessing) with a TS808. Wanted to put the volume more up Joe? haha, I like it very much.

I thought it was maybe fun to share this...

Rick

I don't charge for mistakes. - Joe Bonamassa

2 (edited by dave_5150 2011-03-26 19:17:24)

Re: Joe's Warm Up & Small Gig Rig

I only gave it a quick look but thought that was a Class 5

Yeah saw that on Facebook post.  Thats one bada$$ warm up rig!  I guess cause it's so simple and plain.

dave_5150 wrote:

I only gave it a quick look but thought that was a Class 5

Looks a little big to be a Class 5, could be wrong though.

"Another song, another mile." - The Black Crowes

I would bet my les paul that is not a class 5.  Way too big.  And I can see 4 knobs just on the left half of the top of the amp.  Looks like a 2x12 blues breaker to me.  But I am not a Marshall guy so I really am not sure.... I am sure its not a class 5.

As you can see in my 1st post above I already told you guys it was probably a 2x12 bluesbreaker big_smile. haha

On a side note I know Joe like a variety of tones in his Live Rig... I'd love to see a show where he comes out with the 59 Les Paul and that blues Breaker and his pedal board and plays the entire show that way.  There is something about the simplicity of it that is really cool. No one gets sick of derek trucks tone or warren Haynes. I say that knowing that Joe has his tone and people, including me appreciate that. 

I would love to play thru his live rig just once before I die.

It's a Bluesbreaker. Looks like an early one too as it seems to have the narrow cab...I had one and miss it.

Gits: '03 Gibson Historic R7 Goldtop, '06 Gibson R8 Plaintop, MIJ '62 RI Strat,  and others...
Amps: '99 Marshall 1987x Plexi RI, 1969 Fender Super Reverb

My band: www.meanbones.com

i'm pretty sure that's a marshall 1974x.

fritferret wrote:

i'm pretty sure that's a marshall 1974x.

I hardly think so, the 1974x is a bit higher and less wide. The Bluesbreaker isn't as high as the 1974x. You can see this if you look at the place where the logo is. That black-part shows it's an Bluesbreaker.

Can't believe nobody has commented about the Les Paul Signature Studio sitting next to the questionable Marshall.

AD3THREE wrote:

Can't believe nobody has commented about the Les Paul Signature Studio sitting next to the questionable Marshall.

I noticed the Diet Coke first, then the JBLP Studio. I don't know nearly enough about IDing amps.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

AD3THREE wrote:

There was a long discussion of it in another thread.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

I know.

Hey guys here is the rig in question..
       Left is Bona-studio prototype,  Middle is a reissue Bluesbreaker combo.. I have two... The amps on the Crossroads DVD..  right is a standard issue 24 ounce Diet Coke..  The pedal is a scary clean original TS-808 tubescreamer..
That gets put into the dressing rooms for me..  I find it nice to play for the 30 minutes prior to the gig..
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Left is Bona-studio prototype,  Middle is a reissue Bluesbreaker combo.. I have two... The amps on the Crossroads DVD..  right is a standard issue 24 ounce Diet Coke..  The pedal is a scary clean original TS-808 tubescreamer..
That gets put into the dressing rooms for me..  I find it nice to play for the 30 minutes prior to the gig..
Joe B

What we need to know is:  Did the coke come from a cardboard 24 pack or a plastic ring six pack?  Makes a differnce in the carbonation.

neutral  neutral

lol

njpaulc wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

What we need to know is:  Did the coke come from a cardboard 24 pack or a plastic ring six pack?  Makes a differnce in the carbonation.

Well played, sir.

"Another song, another mile." - The Black Crowes