Topic: If Joe had to choose an 'average joe' set up

hi all,

no pun intended with the 'regular joe' set up, but after watching probably most of his rig run downs which he does with great patience considering how many times he must get asked I'd like to know what Joe would use if like the rest of us mortals he had to stick with one or maybe at a push two amps. Though I have no doubt he'd sound excellent through any rig.

cheers

2 (edited by AndreS 2011-04-03 17:18:17)

Re: If Joe had to choose an 'average joe' set up

There's a thread where a member catalogued all of Joe's responses concerning gear. Í'm not sure but I believe he said something there. Its a sticky in this forum btw

I know he uses a Marshall bluesbreaker in his practice rig and in the same thread mentioned I believe he said he uses a Fender Princeton as well and a Ts808 tubescreamer pedal.

thanks I thought there would be but damned if I could see it. Im suprised if thats what he said I would have thought a Dumble style amp? but i guess the Bluesbreaker must come from his Clapton influence

I would use a Les Paul Standard or even a cool brooked in studio.. A store bought TS-808 and Pork Loin and a marshall DSL-2000..  Straight marshall cab and a baffle..  That would be good for me..
JB

5 (edited by SgtB 2011-04-03 22:59:20)

Joe is such a humble and down to earth person. When I met him and he played my lp he was the same way. Always willing to share gear info. What other artist out there does this?

Thanks Joe. You're the best.

I've never played a pork loin. What do you like about them?

Gibson Collectors Choice #6
Joe Bonamassa Custom Shop Goldtop Unaged 1st run
Alvarez Acoustic '95
Gibson Skylark GA5-T '65, Marshall JTM45 Reissue, Fender Princton Reverb '72, Modded Bugera V5, Fender Bandmaster '68, Marshall Silver Jubilee 2558

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I would use a Les Paul Standard or even a cool brooked in studio.. A store bought TS-808 and Pork Loin and a marshall DSL-2000..  Straight marshall cab and a baffle..  That would be good for me..
JB

my sincere thanks for your reply, looking forward to seeing you in Cardiff later this year!