1 (edited by Stu Craig 2007-07-03 15:05:12)

Topic: From an "Inside The Music Business" Email I just received...

Hello All:

I hope all is well!

This is not an email regarding 'INSIDE THE MUSIC BUSINESS.

The Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund is looking for music to send to OUR INJURED MILITARY.

As Independence Day approaches, I thought it was important to distribute this letter sent to me regarding injured members of the armed force - those who daily put their lives on the line to ensure that America and the rest of the free world stay safe. 

Please read the letter below, sent out to by my friend David Brinker regarding the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund's efforts!

If you or your company are able to help, the information is at the bottom of the note.

Be safe.

Sincerely,

Eric Kline

LETTER FROM DAVID BRINKER

I am writing on behalf of a family friend, Edie Lutnick, the Executive Director of the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund.  This year, they are collecting new, sealed CDs for injured members of the Armed Forces at the National Naval Medical Center at Bethesda and Walter Reed Army Medical Center.  Just like each of us, they see the power in music.  They are looking for whatever music you could provide that would appeal to these servicemen (rock, hip-hop, Latin, country, Christian etc).

Although I know that times are very lean in the music business, I am hopeful that you can all find a box of something that is laying around the office in a cut out box that you can send over for this cause.  The foundation is a 501(c)(3) so you can even claim a write off.  Call it a promotional expense.

Please send CDs, CD players (must be new and wrapped per military regulations) to:

Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund
            199 Water Street, 19th Floor
            New York, New York 10038

Any questions please contact:

Marianna 212-829-4770
mtaaffe@cantorrelief.org

Thanks,

David Brinker

The Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund is unique in that it provides assistance directly to the people affected by these tragedies without intermediary or secondary organizational involvement: 100% of the money donated to the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund will be disbursed directly to the families of lost loved ones. Cantor Fitzgerald Chairman and CEO Howard Lutnick and the partners of Cantor Fitzgerald underwrite all the expenses of the fund so that 100% of each and every dollar raised goes directly to victims' families and children. http://cantorrelief.org/

2 (edited by Angela 2007-07-09 11:03:50)

Re: From an "Inside The Music Business" Email I just received...

This is a great cause!!  I have one sealed copy of A New Day Yesterday in my inventory which I will gladly send out today.

When something tugs on my heart strings, it's hard for me to hold back.  Not to be a downer or to cause any controversial waves, I just have to say what a remarkable company Cantor Fitzgerald is.  Recalling September 11th-Cantor Fitzgerald lost over two-thirds of their employees in one of the twin towers.  They had the strength and the courage to regroup and vowed to contribute 25% of their future profits annually to the Cantor Fitzgerald victims' families.  This current effort just shows me that Cantor Fitzgerald is good down to their core or good to the bone!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Hey everyone-I'm going to preface this post by saying, this is NOT a political statement.
At the very bottom and on the back of Joe's "Sloe Gin" CD liner notes, this is printed:

"DEDICATED TO THE MEN AND WOMEN IN UNIFORM WHO HAVE SERVED AND SACRIFICED IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN".

This is just a friendly suggestion to fans that bought some extra copies of Sloe Gin. The CD's go to injured soldiers; Joe's music will help them get through some of their darkest hours.  I hope that the soldiers notice that Joe dedicated his album to them; it will make them feel that they are appreciated!! I think this outlet is a great place to mail some copies of Sloe Gin...great medicine for the blues!!!

Thanks for listening.
Angela

Stu Craig wrote:

Hello All:

I hope all is well!

This is not an email regarding 'INSIDE THE MUSIC BUSINESS.

The Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund is looking for music to send to OUR INJURED MILITARY.

As Independence Day approaches, I thought it was important to distribute this letter sent to me regarding injured members of the armed force - those who daily put their lives on the line to ensure that America and the rest of the free world stay safe. 

Please read the letter below, sent out to by my friend David Brinker regarding the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund's efforts!

If you or your company are able to help, the information is at the bottom of the note.

Be safe.

Sincerely,

Eric Kline

LETTER FROM DAVID BRINKER

I am writing on behalf of a family friend, Edie Lutnick, the Executive Director of the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund.  This year, they are collecting new, sealed CDs for injured members of the Armed Forces at the National Naval Medical Center at Bethesda and Walter Reed Army Medical Center.  Just like each of us, they see the power in music.  They are looking for whatever music you could provide that would appeal to these servicemen (rock, hip-hop, Latin, country, Christian etc).

Although I know that times are very lean in the music business, I am hopeful that you can all find a box of something that is laying around the office in a cut out box that you can send over for this cause.  The foundation is a 501(c)(3) so you can even claim a write off.  Call it a promotional expense.

Please send CDs, CD players (must be new and wrapped per military regulations) to:

Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund
            199 Water Street, 19th Floor
            New York, New York 10038

Any questions please contact:

Marianna 212-829-4770
mtaaffe@cantorrelief.org

Thanks,

David Brinker

The Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund is unique in that it provides assistance directly to the people affected by these tragedies without intermediary or secondary organizational involvement: 100% of the money donated to the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund will be disbursed directly to the families of lost loved ones. Cantor Fitzgerald Chairman and CEO Howard Lutnick and the partners of Cantor Fitzgerald underwrite all the expenses of the fund so that 100% of each and every dollar raised goes directly to victims' families and children. http://cantorrelief.org/

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Angela,
Great idea! I had forgotten this and am glad you brought it back to the top. I had 3 cd's that I gave away to friends and it was tough deciding who would get them. This is an easy decision....guess I'm putting another order in to Amazon!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I guess we miss alot of valuable info on here cause we generally skim topics and tree-top through related materials. Good thing this topic appeared again at the top.  Looks like it originated around the 4th of July, but glad I chanced upon it. -- Do have a new & wrapped "box of something" cd's and will ship it today if this is still relevant as of today, Sept. 4th.   Kat&jim