1 (edited by randallcasters 2007-09-10 22:21:48)

Topic: Joe, two questions: one gear one tour...

Howdy Joe and Joe-sters!

Question #1- Have you tried the Boss RT-20 rotary simulator and/or compared it with your Korg
unit?
#2 When are you coming back to GR MI? (and is there anything I can do street team wise
to make it happen?)
I know an answer may take a while..I've seen the grueling schedule. (drool)

Re: Joe, two questions: one gear one tour...

Hey, if I don't get an answer soon, I'm gonna switch to John Mayer!   smile

nothing wrong with John Mayer. His message board is lame though. all 13 yr olds playing text tag.

I would venture a guess that if it is better, he'd probably be using them.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Just kidding. Mayer's a fine guitarist, his stuff just hasn't got the how should I put it..
   the testicular fortitude, that Joe's has.
   In fact though I should do some checking of his schedule because I haven't for awhile.
  The Boss unit gets bad opinions at harmony central.
Since I can't afford the G4, I bought a little Danelectro unit that is surprisingly good for
a vibratone type sound.
  In fact mine is the last review at HC, and since there were no decent clips up,
I put a demo at you tube for it. Still doesnt give a real good idea, because it was just a
small camera with a tiny mic.
here's the url if you want to check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA10HemTMVE

Please don't judge my playing! I wasn't warmed up, and hell, I never know what to play anyway when you do those type of things!

I use the Boss unit and it's pretty good. Sometimes Harmony Central is full of people with an axe to grind, so..... big pinch of salt needed occasionally smile

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Yeah I really should head down to GC and try one out, but I can't stand GC, and the best store is quite a ways away.
Tone is highly subjective, but you know it when you hear it.

Havent Tried the boss unit.. But Boss always makes a consistently good pedal honestly..  Leslie simulation is tough.. A TC Chorus will also work in a pinch.. MXR Phase 100 also does work.  I m loyal to my Korg G-4 but honestly I dont really use it much anymore.. Im going over to Custom Audio Electronics next week in Studio City to try their Tremelo unit.. Its supposed to be good..  Anyway
Joe Bonamassa

Try the Boss Joe. If you don't like the sound at least the light show is cool wink

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Hey Joe, guys.
Yeah boss usually does make good stuff, Roland is a great company. Just have listen/try it.
  Sometimes though... MXR usually makes good stuff, and I bought a Double shot distortion
pedal, based largely on A Guitar Player review. It even got an Editors Pick thing.
  I've never heard a worse tone sucking pos in my life. The old fuzz faces and Big muffs I used back when I was younger were light years beyond this thing. I usually go with amp distortion
anyway.