Topic: bOHAMACCA storms Moscow!

I don't know if anyone has followed the link from the tour page for Joe's October 14th show in Moscow, but this is what I found. How in the h**l am I supposed to order tickets when I can hardly decipher Joe's name! And who is this Hargrove Bowles and what has he done with Bogie??
I think, roughly deciphered, this says "Bonamassa rules!

??? ????????? ? ??? ?????? — ????? "????? ????-????"
14 ??????? 2007 ???? // ????????????? ???
?????? ? 19:00

????????? ??? ???????? ????-???? ? ???? ?????? ????????? ??? ????????? – ????????, ????? ? ??????????. ??? ??? ??? 30-??, ?? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?????? ???? ???????? ???. ???? ?? ???-?? ?????? ????? ????????? ?????????? ??????? ??? ?? ????. ? 4 ????, ????? ?????????? ???????? ??????????? ???? ??????? ??? ????????? ?? ???????, ??? ????????? ??????. ? ?????????? ?? ??? ?????????? ??????? ????? ????????? ???????? ?? ?? ?????. «?????? ?????» ??? ????????? ??????????? ???????? ????????? «???????». ???? ?????? ???? «A New Day Yesterday» ? ????? ????????????? ??????????? ???? ?????? 1960-70-? ????????? ??????? ? 2000-?, ?????????? ? ???????? «????????» ????? ?????? ????????. ????? ?????????????????, ???????? ?????? ??? ?? ????? ? ??????? ??????????? ?? ? ??????????? ?????. ????????? ??????, ?? ?????? ????????, ??????? ? ?????? ??? ??????? ??? ????????????? ???????.

Joe Bonamassa - ??????/????? ? ??? ?????? ? ???????:
Hargrove Bowles - ???????
Carmine Rojas – ???-??????
Rick Melick – ?????????

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: bOHAMACCA storms Moscow!

Capt. Roy,
I think those Russiaonions have infiltrated our planet. If you look closely, there's evidence smack in the middle of their message. It reads "A New Day Yesterday"!
Even aliens from other planets are listening to Joe!

This is why I think Zhurh has to get that Yukon Street Team busy!! Crank up that short wave radio and start pumping Joe across the Bering Sea!!!! (Remember, these are the clones, we know where the "real" band is). Sloe Gin and Vodka?

I think I got a translation for those interested. Google translation, not mine!

Moscow International House Muzyki- Svetlanovsky Hall
October 14 19:00

Joe Bonamassa
Free Gourmet blues-rock music in the Dome opens Joe Bonamassa-guitarist, singer and composer. It is not yet the 30-, but on stage he had more than two decades. It is unlikely that someone else is to define community began as early. In April, when parents care Manuel Chad violin or placed for piano, Joe chose guitar. At 12, he already razogreval audience before the concert of great Bi Bi Qing. "King Blues" was appalled skill young blues "Infante". His first CD "A New Day Yesterday" in the style of classic English rock 1960-70 foreign-x Bonamassa recorded in the 2000-meters, entered the company "adult" stars first magnitude. He experimented, issuing each year to drive their machines and active in touring tours. The latest album, in the opinion of critics, actually the rights of all its original talent.

Joe Bonamassa-guitar / vocals and the group consisting of:
Hargrove Bowles-attack
Carmine Rojas-bass guitar
Rick Melick - KEYBOARDS

Yes, the translation makes no sense, but it's kind of funny. I like the instrument Bogie, I mean Hargrove, plays. I just wanna know the story behind "Hargrove" Bowles. Apparently, there really was a guy named Hargrove Bowles, who at one time ran for Governor of North Carolina in 1972, and is the father to former White House Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles.

Bill if you hold up a clear bottle of vodka and look thru it you can read the words,or is it after you drank the bottle and look through it.I cant remember.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I want to know more about the "adult" star thing....who knew....and Hargrove...that's going to stick!!!!  lol....Cathy

Hello Everyone,
Hargrove here. So you now know my secret. Please, it' s an alias at best, but if you must know, here's the story. Hargrove Bowles IV, born to Hargrove Bowles III, son of Hargrove Bowles, JR who was the son of Hargrove SR. So the history is this. My grandfather, God rest his soul, did run for Gov in NC back in 72. He was also a member of the State Senate, and State House of Representatives. He was a Southern  Democrat. His son Erskine Bowles, my uncle, also a Southern Democrat was Clinton's Chief Of Staff. Now back to the name. My Grandfather went by a nickname"Skipper". My Father went by a nickname, "Skipper" I go by Bogie and no one in my family,not even my Grandmother nor my Mother when she was mad at me ever called me Hargrove. Realizing this as a teenager I asked why didn't I have a normal name since no one ever used the Hargrove name. No one could tell me, it is just how it is. So if you like, you can call me Hargrove, but just don't expect me to answer you:) When someone calls my house asking for you know who, I know immediately that it is a telemarketer and promptly hang up. It's kind of cool for that, like I have a code of my own or something. So anyway, that's my story and the story of my name.

Bogie

Delightful story Bogie !  Thanks for the history lesson, too!  smile  Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

9 (edited by Rocket 2007-09-27 03:11:40)

Lee that translation is very cool and makes sense to me, but that figures...don't forget they put the first man in space and developed superconductors, but they certainly DO need a blues rock proliferation treatise...Bogie "So if you like, you can call me Hargrove, but just don't expect me to answer you" too funny lol
Rock On with a Rocket To Russia,
Rocket Ramone

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Bogie,
Thanks for the info! I sorta figured "Bogie" was a nickname and that the KGB dug and found out your secret. I for one will never call you Hargrove, but Senator has a nice ring to it : ). I do REALLY like the fact that you're listed as playing "attack". Again, the KGB must have been following you, because that sums up your playing pretty good (that's a compliment, in case your wondering).

Lee,
I'm wondering if you clicked on the area of the website that said "English" (I did that, but came up with a blank screen twice) or if you're really a double agent and translated that yourself.

Lee wrote:

great Bi Bi Qing

smile   smile   smile    smile

Great story Bogie...  Thanks for sharing...

Music is good for the Soul...

Bill S wrote:

Lee,
I'm wondering if you clicked on the area of the website that said "English" (I did that, but came up with a blank screen twice) or if you're really a double agent and translated that yourself.

Nice story Bogie, and Bogie it will remain!

Bill,
That is too funny! When I picture myself as a double agent for some reason I can't get the image of Don Adams as Agent 86 out of my mind. Anyway, I did a search using Google and eventually found a number of Russian websites with the same description of the event and I just clicked on "(translate this page)". If you search "Joe Bonamassa Hargrove Bowles" it's one of those that I had Google translate.

Was Planning a Trip to See Joe and The Guys in Moscow ........ But as you so rightly said , Couldn't get past the Russian Menu page at Svetlova Hall ? , Just Russian Words and Like would've had to fly from Amsterdam back to London and then onto Moscow , and that was like 15 hrs and £600 ,because Direct from Amsterdam to Moscow was Cheaper by a Space Shuttle ... and Moscow Hotels are more Expensive than Staying at the Bellaggio in Vegas on Christmas Day in The Penthouse Suites ...... Yikes   roll

So I Decided on a Bottle of Gordon's Sloe Gin

.............................. Michael

Bogie .... Loved the Little insight to your family's roots in NC , Gotta be Proud of That Dude
Hey Did Your Father Buy You Your First DrumKit

Again is Soon       smile

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Indeed he did, and another one later on. He's been very supportive and loves the shows. He'll be in Raleigh. He met the guys in Charlotte the last time we were there. I look forward to seeing him and him seeing this band.

Take Care,

Bogie

Hey Hargrove, I mean Bogie, great lineage!!! My uncle was, at one time, the youngest member of the Maryland House of Delegates, no thanks to his mother who wouldn't vote for him because she was such a staunch Republican. Now I know N.C. is very keen on golf. Did your nickname come from that? You are lucky to have your Grandpa still around to see your sucess. As a granny I can say nothing compares to the way you love your grandbabies!!!!!   Have fun and thanks so much for taking the time to share your story with us peons...Now, get back to your stasis chamber or I'm calling the Green Hornet...Cathy

Bogie, what a wonderful family history and story you have!  You must be so proud of the "Bowles" name.  Thanks for sharing a little of your family history with us.  Take care.....

.....Barbara

????????? ????????!