Topic: Who's going to the "Surf Ballroom" show ?

I'm really starting to get pumped !  July 14th, with Tesla !

Should be no lack of females at this show !

Re: Who's going to the "Surf Ballroom" show ?

C'mon now, I can't be the only one on this board going to this show ?

Brett wrote:

C'mon now, I can't be the only one on this board going to this show ?

Wow Brett! Your very own show! How cool is that.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I will be there along with my gal Renee. We're really looking forward to it!

5 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2006-07-12 02:44:51)

Hey Brett,

I sure wish I could be there.  It's gonna kick!  What a way to celebrate your Birthday!  I am not sure if you are aware of this but there has been a change in Tesla.  Tommy Skeoch is no longer with the band at this time.  He lives in Florida and Tommy and his wife just had a baby. 
The rest of the band is on the west coast.  He has decided to stay at home and I think is working on reviving a local band that he was in before.  So touring with Tesla this summer is Dave Rude.  A great addition because he is part of the Frank Hannon Band's Family.  He is very familiar with Tesla'a catalog as of course Frank throws some of those songs into his show.   So you will be in good hands.  Speaking of which,  in case any females run up yelling Tommy,  you can let them know it is Dave. wink   They both have similiar hair and it has already happened once. 

To celebrate your Birthday, here is a clip from one of Tesla's recent shows.  They performed it in Green River, Wyoming.  I have never got to see them perform this song so I loved it when Jenni posted it on youtube.  Hope you like it Brett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VESQsz … en%20river

By the way, July 10th is Nikola Tesla's 150th Birthday.  They are having a big celebration in Croatia.
To celebrate Nikola Tesla's Birthday, here is a song that Tesla wrote to honor Nikola Tesla.  My fiance calls it nerd rock because he is a nerd and Nikola Tesla is one of his heroes.  I think Tesla does an outstanding job at giving an indication of who Nikola Tesla was professionally and personally.  For me this is one of Tesla's best songs lyrically, musically and video wise.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=e … rch=Search

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

6 (edited by Brett 2006-07-11 18:52:24)

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:

Hey Brett,

I sure wish I could be there.  It's gonna kick!  What a way to celebrate your Birthday!  I am not sure if you are aware of this but there has been a change in Tesla.  Tommy Skeoch is no longer with the band at this time.  He lives in Florida and Tommy and his wife just had a baby. 
The rest of the band is on the west coast.  He has decided to stay at home and I think is working on reviving a local band that he was in before.  So touring with Tesla this summer is Dave Rude.  A great addition because he is part of the Frank Hannon Band's Family.  He is very familiar with Tesla'a catalog as of course Frank throws some of those songs into his show.   So you will be in good hands.  Speaking of which,  in case any females run up yelling Tommy,  you can let them know it is Dave. wink   They both have similiar hair and it has already happened once. 

To celebrate your Birthday, here is a clip from one of Tesla's recent shows.  They performed it in Green River, Wyoming.  I have never got to see them perform this song so I loved it when Jenni posted it on youtube.  Hope you like it Brett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VESQsz … en%20river

By the way, today is Nikola Tesla's 150th Birthday.  They are having a big celebration in Croatia.
To celebrate Nikola Tesla's Birthday, here is a song that Tesla wrote to honor Nikola Tesla.  My fiance calls it nerd rock because he is a nerd and Nikola Tesla is one of his heroes.  I think Tesla does an outstanding job at giving an indication of who Nikola Tesla was professionally and personally.  For me this is one of Tesla's best songs lyrically, musically and video wise.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=e … rch=Search

Thanks Bro !  You are a veritable pot pourri of information !!!!  Edison's Medicine is one of my favorite live tunes !!!!

The second time I saw them they were without Tommy.  The guy has major booze problems I guess.  They played a 4-man set and I couldn't hardly tell the difference !

P.S. I am truly hoping that Joe comes out and plays a tune or two with Tesla.  Tesla loves to cover the old Rock N' Roll classics, so it would be a shame if they didn't get together.  Maybe even and extra guitar on "Song and Emotion" !

"CUMIN ATCHA LIVE" !!!!!!!!!!!!

(Voice of Beavis)      YES, YES, THIS RULES, THIS RULES !!!!

8 (edited by David 2006-07-11 19:32:01)

Always liked Litle Suzi by Tesla:

http://snipurl.com/t3cl

It sure would be a shame if they didn't play at least one song together!  Song and Emotion would be rockin!  If that happens somebody has to tape it.  Even if it doesn't, somebody has to tape that great show.  Hopefully they will  and will post it here.    Or they can jam together on any classic cover song that they might throw in.  Maybe Led Zep or Hendrix. 

Joe and Tesla together a dream come true for me, but you get to live it.   Have a Rockin Blast of a Party!

When you recover, let us know how it went.  I'm anxious to hear smile

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

Of course I'll be there.  I watched the Rockpalast DVD again last night and am really psyched to see Joe and the guys live.

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:

It sure would be a shame if they didn't play at least one song together!  Song and Emotion would be rockin!  If that happens somebody has to tape it.  Even if it doesn't, somebody has to tape that great show.  Hopefully they will  and will post it here.    Or they can jam together on any classic cover song that they might throw in.  Maybe Led Zep or Hendrix.

How about a Buddy Holly classic !  Wouldn't that be a hat trick !!!!

Now , That'll be The Day smile

Don't forget to bring some crickets in case they do wink