Topic: Daily Blog Nashville

Saturday Nov 24
10:00 am wake up.  gain an hour from Louisville..
10:45 shower
11:30 Have Tyson's aftershow chicken for lunch
12:00 prepare and research for new batch of Sirrus Shows
2:00 load in for crew
2:30 Make trip to Gruhn Guitars
3:30 make trip back to venue with new purchased 2006 National Resophonic guitar in hand
4:00 record radio shows in Backlounge of bus
4:30 Soundcheck (One of these days, Another Kind of Love and Ballpeen Hammer)
5:30 walk to find food with Dave Bogie John Katz(setttle on Mexican)
7:00 return to venue
8:15 Interview with Gibson guitars website guy about Les Pauls
8:35 Showtime!  750 people.  Rocking gig 9 out of 10. in my mind Love Nashville
10:30 Meet and greet with some very nice fans and change in Bus
11:00 Meet with Gibson Custom shop guys discuss JB Limited Additon Les Paul and Skylark guitar
11:55 contemplate crashing a Jam session in town.
11:56 come to my sences and decide to hang and get some rest..
11:57 still thinking about going.........
12:00 am my carriage turns into a pumkin pie with whip cream. 
Good Night..
Till tomorrow must warn you days off are boring.. But I ll find something to talk about..
Joe Bonamassa

Re: Daily Blog Nashville

FYI
I heard there's a deli in Nashville called "Noshville"

For witch song you purchase The new guitar ?mabye a new song in making ?
(original Joe Bonamassa komposed ?)
or mabye to pratice ? like you tould Jess its a good way  to animate oneself to wreak!

i hope you have the idea of an after show jam session
in europe one day ....it will be a great thing for every fan im sure

greetz Geko

4 (edited by starks5867 2007-11-25 08:31:22)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

11:00 Meet with Gibson Custom shop guys discuss JB Limited Additon Les Paul and Skylark guitar

This is pretty cool, to be discussing limited addition guitars.  Do you get to have a lot of input, or is it just the use of JB, or how does this work.................and damn, I don't play, but now I want one!

who's jam session where you thinking of crashing.........that actually sounds like a lot of fun!
Did you guys get to stay in Nashville or head down the road to Georgia? 

I am so totally hooked on these blogs!  It is amazing to me what you do in 1 day. 

now I get to go feed the cats, rake leaves and clean the gutters...............hmmmmm

Enjoy your days off!

Winding it down eh !   cool   ( 9 out of 10 ) 

What a year Joe 2007 was for you , Bogie and Adding Carmine & Rick to make The Perfect Travelling Quartet , Dave & Aaron too! , Seems like You Guy's are Having the best Fun Up There ..... Add "Sloe Gin" You're Best Selling and most Accomplished Piece of Work to Date ( Tis a Great Album Indeed ----------- " Black Night " Live ! ) , What an Impact that has made , Getting Recognition on the charts and radio play and media wise , it's all good
That must have been fun Touring all over the place and visiting all those countries and meeting numerous fans ... St Maarteen , USA , Belguim , Germany , France , Switzerland , Italy , Spain , England , Wales , Scotland , Holland , Denmark , Sweden , Norway and Even Russia ........
Add to that you Turned 30 ( that was a wild 8th May in OKC ), it's Been an Eventful Successful Productive year for you and The Band and Well Deserved For all the hard work and travelling that you guy's put in , and your fans appreciate your time to come out and talk after shows and visit here ( this Blog is a cool thread ) ....... Does anyone know How many Shows the band done in 2007 ( 170 - 220 ? ) at a guess , and just as a passing mark , I've Seen a Few 10 out 10's   ..... Milan , Dallas 2nd , Poole , BB'S NYC  wink
And Really Looking Forward to a Live CD/DVD of Joe Bogie Carmine Rick With Their Full Set Tearing it up in 2008 , A New Album Maybe at the end of the year , Plus many more live shows for all here and around the world , Go on Joe , Japan & Austrailia & Africa ( There's Some Jet Lag For Ya ):rolleyes:
Have a Restful December and Christmas and Comeback Holsters Empty and Blazing in 2008

.................................. Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

"JB Limited Edition Les Paul", I can't wait for that one!!!!!! Joe please elaborate (if Gibson will let you)... WOW!

Joe what a nice way to be in contact with all of us. A daily cup of J.B life in a blog, it brings a light on this cold wintersday.
Tell us more about the limited J.B Less Paul guitar.....?!
Do you play the same songs on a soundcheck or does it depend on the acoustics/ venue etc?
Jam sessions... ha ha.... you are one of the guys who can't stop playing...Addict...ha ha!!!
Looking forward after a hard days work[ 50 hours a week for me till the end off the year] to see what you've been up too.
Enjoy the rest of the Tour and your well deserved days off!

Annelies

8 (edited by mlange 2007-11-25 09:52:01)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Saturday Nov 24
10:30 Meet and greet with some very nice fans and change in Bus
Till tomorrow must warn you days off are boring.. But I ll find something to talk about..
Joe Bonamassa

Wow - again, Joe, I've gotta tell you what a treat last night's show was.

Outstanding!

After listening to your music via Pat G over the past three albums, the live show was beyond anything we could've expected. The band was fantastic.

And thanks again so much for taking the time to meet Marshall - I think your guitar pick gift will never leave that 14yr-old boy's hands. Later, getting home, he was ready to play, but I made him hit-the-hay.

Shout anytime you want to be "unbored" in Nashville - there is so much to do and see off of the beaten paths -  we've got a never ending stream of guests it seems. If you want to take in the outdoors and strech your legs, hit Radnor Lake for some beautiful hiking and natural beauty.

Enjoy Nashville - we sure enjoyed ya'll!

I can't believe everything Joe is able to accomplish in one day.  I'm starting to feel like a slacker. wink

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

Hey Joe,
Thanks for the update. A new guitar?? I thought you were slowing down on your collecting? smile  Will we be seeing this one on the road anytime?

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Saturday Nov 24

12:00 am my carriage turns into a pumkin pie with whip cream. 
Good Night..

Joe Bonamassa

wink       smile       lol
                                            pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

11:55 contemplate crashing a Jam session in town.
11:56 come to my sences and decide to hang and get some rest..
11:57 still thinking about going.........
Joe Bonamassa

LOL! I love this. Once the juices get going you never want to slow down.

Thanks for sharing your day.

I'm just saying.

LOL Joe you are just too funny. smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Joe  -  Thank you for sharing 'a day in the life'.  Not long till the tour is over and you get some well deserved R&R.  We had a blast seeing you this year in London, Poole and Amsterdam and can't wait till next Feb/March.  Thanks for giving us so much pleasure.

15 (edited by Guitgator 2007-11-29 09:28:31)

Great show in Nashville Joe.....I can't believe I'm saying this but I think the house mix could've actually been LOUDER! 

maybe it's just because I had two cackling hens behind me.  smile

It's fun to watch and hear Carmine play....the man carries himself with such grace onstage.

Wish I could've gone to Gruhn Guitars with yout but my credit card limit is only 25K!

"why isn't the number "11" pronounced "onety one"???....S. Wright.