Topic: joe's overdrive pedals

does anyone know what overdrive pedals joe uses?

Re: joe's overdrive pedals

Carl Martin Hot Drive n' Boost pedal.

Last time I saw Joe he just used an Ibanez tube screamer- but I think that much of his tone comes from the amps behind him and the switching system he uses.  If you've got a wall of
'Boutique' amps & you turn 'em up to 'patent applied for' - like Joe- then that's pretty much all you need I reckon!

This don't look like no express way to me...

yeah, he really employs the turn it up and use volume/tone knobs to do alot of work.  But I saw on a video on youtube where he goes through all of his pedals on his board and he was talking about the Carl Martin...

I know he recently scaled down his pedalboard, but he certainly used the the Carl Martin Hot Drive'nBoost at some point, causing me to spend about $175 on one (a version II), which I really love.  It's great because you can use the clean boost by itself or along with the distortion.  I wish it'd dirty up a bit more, but I really like it.  Also, it's AC, no worries about finding a new 9-volt every couple of weeks.

A friend of mine has a Barber Electronics Direct Drive and has a great Allman Bros/Warren Haynes-type sound coming from his PRS McCarty through a Fender Super Reverb.  You can check out their products here:  http://barberelectronics.com/

Good luck in your quest for the Holy Grail of guitar tone :-)

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

I use a Ibanez TS 808 reissue and a Gas Pedal.  Thats all.  I rarely use them its mostly amp overdrive
Joe Bonamassa

7 (edited by srvts808 2007-12-01 16:31:07)

is it modded, true bypass, Both.  what setting do you use? Joe if you could please answer these question you would help me sooooo much.

i have a ts-9 and use it with my Marshall DSL 100...just seems to thin the sound out a bit much sometimes.  Actually I've had a bunch of trouble with my dsl getting it to sound good with my strat...any ideas Mr. B?

not modded standard issue guitar center...  settings are drive 10 oclock tone 12 oclock and level 1 oclock.. just a feedback enhancer...really
Joe Bonamassa

Thank you. I was using those exact setting already, but thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks Joe...you should have said that you use a SIGC tubescreamer and you would have had us all scratching our heads...haha.  I've been experimenting with my dsl and finally am getting some good tones out of it by cranking the volume and rolling back the gain a bit when I use my strat...and by using some dd3 delay, a touch of reverb and sometimes chorus.  It's definitely getting better.

Now I just wish there were a tab for "Are you Experienced".  Sounds like Joe is using some phaser...the whole song sounds incredible how he mixes styles and tones throughout.  It's on my myspace profile wink

myspace.com/mike72581

mantegna wrote:

Now I just wish there were a tab for "Are you Experienced".  Sounds like Joe is using some phaser...the whole song sounds incredible how he mixes styles and tones throughout.  It's on my myspace profile wink

myspace.com/mike72581

He's using the Fulltone Deja-Vibe (Uni-vibe copy) for a lot of the song- kinda gives it a whirling effect... during the solo he also at one point turns on a Fulltone Octavia pedal (I'm blanking on the name right now) along with the Deja-Vibe- gives it a really cool sound.

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

The fulltone pedal is the Octafuzz

oh, ok...thanks guys...yeah he does whip out some awesome sounds on that tune.

well thanks for all the replies from you guys and Joe himself. been an eye opener.