Topic: Jo's Princeton tone settings.

Hi All,

I used to have an article with Jo in Vintage Guitar, that had a picture of jo's Blackface Princeton, with a THD Attenuator on it.  I no longer have the magazine, but does anyone else have it?  Can you read Jo's amp settings on the Princeton?  I have the same setup now, and i am looking to be able to copy his amp settings.

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Jo's Princeton tone settings.

volume 8 , treble 8 bass 4 and reverb 5

Sweet,

Thanks.

High on the Reverb, but maybe lost some with age.

Maybe these settings are for a Les Paul, they seem a bit bright for a Tele or Strat?

Thanks,
Andrew

My Apologies!!

I just noted that the reply came from Jo,

Respect.

Andrew

A little high on the treble there, Joe. haha

Les Paul Tone on 5.... on a Fender you need to crank the Treble to get the proper gain.. the Les Paul takes care of the rest
Joe Bonamassa

Hey Joe, I have an early-'67 Princeton which is stock. I want to put a "12 speaker in it. What would you recommend? Thanks, and I really enjoy your music.

Id recommend buying a Deluxe reverb or a 1X12 extention cabinet open back..  But I use a EV 12 L.  They are great for Fenders.  Very True to what the amp sounds like.. But  I wouldnt  carve into that really nice old amp..  Actually try putting a EV 10 in the princeton and see what happens.. You dont actually get a ton more low end from the `12 in my experience..
Joe B