Topic: Amp Blending

So it's been a little while since I've posted anything... but i wanted to know what kind of amp would blend best with a Fender Hot Rod Deville? I was thinking about either a Marshall JCM or a VOX. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Re: Amp Blending

I would choose a Vox honesty.  the vox will take care of the mids that the fender or JCM doesnt have.  I like the reissues with the greenback celestions.  they have a good mid to them.  There is also a mod in which you can turn your "Cut" knob which is basically useless to me into a master volume.  That takes me back to my first solo tour with Jethro tull.  Two AC 30's and a Marshall Silver Jubilee.
Joe Bonamassa

3 (edited by Logo33 2008-01-03 03:04:04)

Joe-
You never cease to amaze me... there is not one question that has gone unanswered. I can't think of a cooler rock star... i truly admire you! I would give just about anything in the world to jam with you for an hour so you could critique my playing. haha

Thanks a lot.
Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Hell Joe I'd like to hire on as your guitar tech. No doubt you would teach this old dog some tricks!!

As a admiring fan I find it's totally cool for you to take time to answer posts on this site. It don't get no better than this folks.

Spider

Strings =  $7.99
Les Paul Guitar = $2,000
Having Joe Bonamassa himself personally answer equipment questions and give suggestions = PRICELESS!!!!

Having Joe answer questions on the forum is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever witnessed from a professional player.

misterlee wrote:

Strings =  $7.99
Les Paul Guitar = $2,000
Having Joe Bonamassa himself personally answer equipment questions and give suggestions = PRICELESS!!!!

Having Joe answer questions on the forum is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever witnessed from a professional player.

Who unlocked the secrets vault!?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I know...having Joe answer fan's/players questions is unheard of from such a professional.  I just can't get over how COOL that is.  Thanks Joe!  It's like if Clapton or Hendrix answered peoples mail/questions back in the day...

Jane, that's a good idea.  With all the info Joe is willing to share, someone could compile it and make a pretty good book about guitars, amps, and gear tips

I was gonna go through all of Joes post and compile something of the sort.  Never had the time to get through it all, as he replies to so much.  Id be willing to give it a try though.

I run a Vox AC 30 with a Twin Reverb.  I use Fulltone effects to add overdrive but I keep available the Vox Top boost channel so I can blend that in with the fender.  It sounds amazing when you combine the fender's overdrive channel with the Vox's Treble Boost channel.  It is a great sound.

Its cool to know Joe used AC 30's.  I never knew that.

Later.
Jeremy