Topic: Joe Bonamassa - the GIFT that keeps on GIVING

Good Morning All,

As if having Joe's music added to my life wasn't enough of a gift, now I need to take a minute to try to express my gratitude for this website, and specifically for this incredible forum.  I am so grateful to Joe, to each person in his support network (whether compensated or volunteer), and to my fellow forum members.  I have been so impressed with the caliber of people who surround Joe and those who participate here - funny, clever, passionate, witty, wise, gifted, generous, comforting, funny, enthusiastic, interesting, tender, sweet, sassy, and oh, did I say FUNNY??  I just had to take a moment to tell you how glad I am to be here with you.  Little did I realize how much the small gesture of joining this forum would bring into my life.  I wanted to share this story.

One day, recently, while staring at the Tour Page, longing to see a new California date pop up miraculously, another thought occurred to me.  Who did I know in all the other cities where Joe would be appearing?  Certainly, for us, the next best thing to seeing Joe ourselves is getting someone else to their first Joe show!  And so, with that in mind, my mood instantly changed from disappointment to delight!  I glanced at the list for possibilities and the Jacksonville date stared back at me.  I remembered our old friend Mike.  I asked my husband if he was still living there.  Tragically, Mike's young wife had passed away suddenly three years ago and we hadn't heard more than a peep from him since then.  We hadn't received responses to our emails and Christmas cards in quite awhile.  I decided to give it another shot. 

My email was kicked back immediately.  Neither of his phone numbers worked.  Frightened that in all likelihood this was an indication that he HAD indeed moved, and that we would perhaps never hear from him again, I was really sad, but I thought I would give it one last try.  I wrote him a short letter and sent it to the only address I had for him.

Success!!!  Mike called about a week later and said, "Hey Libby, it's Mike!  What's up?  and WHO is this Joe Bonamassa guy???  and WHY do I have to go see him??"  Yippee!!!  Long story short......he's going to the JAX show.......and, in the past year or two he reconnected with his high school sweetheart and is WILDLY HAPPY AND IN LOVE again.......AND we get to see them this week when they pop out to California for a quick surprise birthday party for his Mom.  Talk about a happy ending!

You know, life just happens......time passes and sometimes we fade in and out of one another's lives without really meaning to.  Honestly, I truly feel that we may never have reconnected with our dear friend if it hadn't been for Joe, his website, and this forum.

Since joining such a very short time ago, I have received SO MUCH MORE than I ever could have guessed possible.  New friendships, an incredible and diverse education, tons of endorphins from the frequent belly laughter, a much deeper insight into Joe and his music, and, like the story I just told, MANY, MANY unexpected, priceless gifts.  It's a great place to be.  Thank you Joe, for making it available and for allowing me to be a part of it.  It's a magical place.  I can't wait to see what happens next.

Much LOVE to all who have put this big grin on my face,

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

2 (edited by millhouse 2008-03-24 06:03:23)

Re: Joe Bonamassa - the GIFT that keeps on GIVING

Hi Libby

Nice story and it is more than the sun from California that brings warmth. I'm sitting looking out my window and the snow is now falling, half an hour ago it was nice and sunny, but this story has warmed my heart so thank you.

millhouse big_smile

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

Libby, I really like your persistance!  Good friends like you are very special and for a worthwhile cause!
Great story...

Music is good for the Soul...

Libby, Libby, Libby.....your such a bundle of joy....I agree with all the wonderfull words you just wrote....do me a favor,and try and get some rest once in awhile. I dont want to read about you wondering the neighborhood looking for some one to talk to at 3 in the morning....or you can call me at the usual time **yawn**....take some pics of Jonny Lang, my wife will go crazy!!

Later gater....Dave

Tell Mike to wear a pink speedo and put his new old love in a pink thong and hooker heels so the Florida crowd will know who he is.

Hey Susan whadaya think? 

Icrackmyselfup
myhatdon'tfitmybighead
mykidsthinkI'msick

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Libby wrote:

Good Morning All,

As if having Joe's music added to my life wasn't enough of a gift, now I need to take a minute to try to express my gratitude for this website, and specifically for this incredible forum.  I am so grateful to Joe, to each person in his support network (whether compensated or volunteer), and to my fellow forum members.  I have been so impressed with the caliber of people who surround Joe and those who participate here - funny, clever, passionate, witty, wise, gifted, generous, comforting, funny, enthusiastic, interesting, tender, sweet, sassy, and oh, did I say FUNNY??  I just had to take a moment to tell you how glad I am to be here with you.  Little did I realize how much the small gesture of joining this forum would bring into my life...... 

....Since joining such a very short time ago, I have received SO MUCH MORE than I ever could have guessed possible.  New friendships, an incredible and diverse education, tons of endorphins from the frequent belly laughter, a much deeper insight into Joe and his music, and, like the story I just told, MANY, MANY unexpected, priceless gifts.  It's a great place to be.  Thank you Joe, for making it available and for allowing me to be a part of it.  It's a magical place.  I can't wait to see what happens next.

Much LOVE to all who have put this big grin on my face,

smile  Libby  smile

Oh Libby, you are a gem! big_smile

I just edited out the personal part of your post so I could emphasize how totally I agree with the quoted words . This is what I tried to convey with my 'Thank you Marianne' thread but I think you've done a better job of it.

Easter Monday afternoon in Amsterdam...the sun is shining, it was snowing not long ago...I decide that I can no longer in good conscience put off doing all the little chores that have been piling up, so I'm buzzing around emptying bins, taking the rubbish out, washing dishes, mopping down kitchen surfaces, all to the accompaniment of the Rockpalast dvd on really loud in the living room....I decide to take a little break and come check the forum...and find this! big_smile....which widens the smile on my face and raises my spirits even further, especially after reading BJJ's outrageously funny haiku. lol

Joe rocks.

Y'all here rock.

I'm so glad I found this place!

The Dutch have a saying - Mijn dag kan niet meer stuk - which more or less means that nothing can spoil this day because it's already a winner.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

7 (edited by PaulB74 2008-03-24 09:32:43)

Don't really know what to add to this thread, but all I can say is there's a lot of love in this room.....

As time goes by, friendships do become a much rarer commodity. I know this from experience myself. It's just really nice to come in here and see so many genuine friendships that have formed through this forum and through Joe's music.

There is so much to learn from you guys and about you guys, and it's just a great place to be. Like Millhouse said earlier, it does warm the heart. So many cultures, musical preferences, personal stories being shared. Kinda makes you forget all the negativity outside and away from the computer screen!!

It'smyfirsthaiku
Sobearwithmepleasewiththis
Thankyouforyourtime

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

bigjeffjones wrote:

Tell Mike to wear a pink speedo and put his new old love in a pink thong and hooker heels so the Florida crowd will know who he is.

Hey Susan whadaya think? 

Icrackmyselfup
myhatdon'tfitmybighead
mykidsthinkI'msick

Well Jeff,
I'm kind of at a loss for words, but yeah, that will work.  It might scare me though. yikes

Hey Libby,
You should tell your friend if he wants a really good seat to see Joe, he should take a trip down to Cocoa the night before Jacksonville.  Lots of great seats left.

jeffyoucrackmeuptoo
buyyourselfanewhat
andtellyourkidsyouarenotREALsick  lol

Susan smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

susan wrote:

jeffyoucrackmeuptoo
buyyourselfanewhat

Susan smile

Worst Haiku ever! tongue

10 (edited by susan 2008-03-24 10:03:20)

ken wrote:
susan wrote:

jeffyoucrackmeuptoo
buyyourselfanewhat

Susan smile

Worst Haiku ever! tongue

What...  So every thread is a Haiku now?  lol

Allright then, how's this?

For Jeff:
youcrackmeuptoo
gobuyyourselfanewhat
yourkids??? idontknow!!!

For Libby:
iloveyourstory
joebonamassaforum
awonderfulplace

Susan smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

BluesMan wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:

Hey Susan whadaya think? 

Icrackmyselfup
myhatdon'tfitmybighead
mykidsthinkI'msick

OK, I WANT EVERYONE TO TAKE NOTICE OF THIS POST!!

Let me just say Roy, and let me say that again, ROY was not the one who brought up the "Speedo" subject first in the thread! Sometimes I'm accused, yes this happens at work too, of being the one that has a history of comic behavior/relief and there's times I'm given credit/blame for things I did not start, like this topic on this thread. That being said..........

I'm sitting hear at my home PC (I'm off work today) in nothing but my Speedo and sunglasses while typing this response. I figure, if you can't beat the people of California and Florida, then I might as well join them!

OK, now Libby my darling,

That was one of the most wonderfully/uplifting stories I've read for a while. And you're right, Joe is the "Gift that Keeps on Giving"! The gift to me has been all of you that Joe has given me. How in the world could I have met so many terrific people in one place from all over the world? It just boggles my mind sometimes! And Libby, you're a sweetheart and I promise, no more dead animal E-mails from me to you. But you've got admit, Bullwinkle really took a header right through that from windshield, didn't he? Ooops, sorry. I know bad visions. You know I'm a devout animal lover and naturalist, right?

Anyway Libby, thanks so much for making my Monday morning worth living! wink

Roy

the very last thing
going through a bug's mind when
he hits car his butt

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

susan wrote:
ken wrote:
susan wrote:

jeffyoucrackmeuptoo
buyyourselfanewhat

Susan smile

Worst Haiku ever! tongue

What...  So every thread is a Haiku now?  lol

Allright then, how's this?

For Jeff:
youcrackmeuptoo
gobuyyourselfanewhat
yourkids??? idontknow!!!

For Libby:
iloveyourstory
joebonamassaforum
awonderfulplace

Susan smile

AWRIGHTY THEN!  TAKE THAT BAD BOY!

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

13 (edited by cathysiler 2008-03-24 10:50:48)

Nothing beats a lovefest!!! In a way I feel like we have a "secret society" here, because,as you all must know by now, you can't explain all this to "outsiders" without getting looks of concern. But, this place is magical and soulful, just like Joe's music. Can't imagine life without it! I feel so lucky to have such quality friends across the globe. Thanks to you all!!! Cathy    I forgot..Libby..tell your friend all he has to do to make the "outfit" appropriate for Florida is add mouse ears.

All right children.......

As I began to read your replies and my heart was opening and warming up for the day, the word "lovefest" came to mind (even BEFORE I got to Page 2 and read Sister Cate's reply).........and then, as I continued........I saw that my thread was sullied with Speedo talk, Haiku wars, and, worst of all, Roy - when I said NO MORE DEAD ANIMAL STORIES - I MEANT NO MORE.  geez.  Just like any crazy family......hard to keep the focus on zee positeeeeeve!!!! 

At least for today, I'm keepin' my Speedo talk on Roy's Spring thread......my Haiku on Big Jeff's Haiku thread and there will NOT be any more talk of dead animals ANYWHERE - PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!   

Now, focus people!  Focus!  Think love.....think happy......think Joe........think gift that keeps on giving.......

XOXOXO,

smile  Libbylove  smile

P. S.  Cathy - I know EXACTLY what you mean by that "look of concern" from outsiders.....I can also hear it in the voices of my "other family and friends" when I speak of the forum........I can almost HEAR their eyebrows raise and then knit............:rolleyes:  ......but, WE know better, don't we?  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Way to take back control Libby!!!

And thanks for sharing that wonderful story. smile

Dear Libby, I can't say more to this than that you're right.

Very nice posting to read in the morning, like george Amsterhammer said: de dag kan niet meer stuk!!

Thanks my dear and like before: Big kisses from Andre!!

Andre Wittebroek.

Libby wrote:

P. S.  Cathy - I know EXACTLY what you mean by that "look of concern" from outsiders.....I can also hear it in the voices of my "other family and friends" when I speak of the forum........I can almost HEAR their eyebrows raise and then knit............:rolleyes:  ......but, WE know better, don't we?  smile

God, don't I know. roll

You should see the pitiful looks I've been getting from old friends who expect me to bore them with football talk and instead get treated to a rave about Joe's music and this forum.

Am I bothered? big_smile

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Ok so let him pick out what he wants to wear.  Just tell us so we find him. lol

ornot
pbbbt

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms