Topic: What happened to the Fulltone Tube Tape Echo?

Hey guys, hoping Joe will chime in on this one.  What ever happened to the Fulltone Tube Tape Echo and what tunes were you using it on when you had it in your rig?  I noticed on the recent inteviews about your gear that it has been gone.  I thought for sure it was for Django but your recent post kinda blew that theory up.  Anyway just being curious, thanks in advance bro.
Mike

Re: What happened to the Fulltone Tube Tape Echo?

Don't know what Joe did with his but I picked one up today (SN#00012), and having a blast with it. much quiter and user friendly than my space echo's back in the day!

If heartaches were nickels, I'd have 35 cents!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =383604393

Hey guys how bout a bump.  I am still curious.  Peace out.  wink
Mike

I know I'm borderline retared, but what is bump?

The way I understood it is it wasn't real road worthy. More trouble than it was worth.

Have found mine to be solid as a rock, it is a tube device so you do need to treat it like you would an amp, can't throw it on top of a pile.  It does come with a protective padded case.

jim m wrote:

The way I understood it is it wasn't real road worthy. More trouble than it was worth.

Honestly I have to say... I was really underwhelmed by the Fulltone tube echo.. I have a couple of real echo-plexes and they are so much better.  I payed a ton of money for my Fulltone.. Actually more than the old ones go for cause I wanted reliability and I heard good things..  Its not like me to bad mouth anybodys stuff and I like Michael's tremelo and other stuff.  I am waiting for the solid state echo plex version he is developing I heard.  Hopefully that 'll be a bit better. 
bought mine for 900 sold it for 500 ... Lost 400.. 
thats a rocking dinner at The Palm... for 4 people (well back when I was fat, cant do that anymore!!!)
down 35 pounds as of today!!!
a very hungry
Joe Bonamassa

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Honestly I have to say... I was really underwhelmed by the Fulltone tube echo.. I have a couple of real echo-plexes and they are so much better.  I payed a ton of money for my Fulltone.. Actually more than the old ones go for cause I wanted reliability and I heard good things..  Its not like me to bad mouth anybodys stuff and I like Michael's tremelo and other stuff.  I am waiting for the solid state echo plex version he is developing I heard.  Hopefully that 'll be a bit better. 
thats a rocking dinner at The Palm... for 4 people (well back when I was fat, cant do that anymore!!!)
a very hungry
Joe Bonamassa

That's a heck of a diet Joe, be careful man, don't want you wasting away on us now!! smile

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

9 (edited by dr. dave 2008-06-13 16:39:32)

Yeah saw you sun/mon at the birchmere, instead of Smokin Joe it's gonne be Bonamassa Slim!  Mine has worked well for me.  I definately had to screw with it  and actually read the intstructions to get the right sound, really like the stereo mode through 2 amps, I also use a line 6 pod pro xt rack unit so who know's if I have any taste anyway! but they work for me!
I paid $700 used, serial # 00012 so I've already had offers from collectors.  It may go at some point, but for now it's fun.

A lot of cash :x specially to lose alot selling it on :x have to say my fulltone '69 is a cracking pedal though

Just curious, I don't know if you'll look at this thread again.  I've had the Roland Space echo and echo plex's over the years, they were fun, but had significant hiss and variable speed on the heads.  My fulltone other than the mechanical noise is absolutely silent amplified.  I have no vested interest so it's not like your telling me my kid is ugly and dumb, but what were the issues with the unit.  Yes it's an insane amount of cash for an echo box.  I really do get some neat echo's out of the line 6 unit so that kind of money is hard to justify for the unit. 

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

a very hungry
Joe Bonamassa

I use a boss DD-3 and I really cant tell the difference alot of the times... I think they are 189 ish.... 
Joe Bonamassa

Hey Joe,

Great show in Greenville, SC on the 12th!  My son and I saw you in Charlotte at the Neighborhood Theater last year and you were great...but this time even better!  My son and I talked on the 2 hour drive home about how we couldn't believe you could improve on the show last year...but you did it!  WOW...I don't think the crowd knew what to expect!  I spoke with an employee at the Handlebar and he said they had never heard any guitar player like you before.  Ace Freely was there a few weeks back and this guy said next to you he just couldn't compare...but hey, I already knew that.  It was just great to see some new people exposed to your music and watch their jaws drop in disbelief!  Everyone was coming up after the show to see what was on your pedalboard and which amps you use.  I shared with them where to find your gear list on your website and in Guitar Player mag.  Well, thanks again for the show and can't wait to get you back in the Carolinas!

Lynn Parsons (North Carolina Street Team member)  My son was the one with the red custom flame top you signed.  Thanks again.

Oh...by the way...I am a minister and pastor a contemporary style church in NC.  Thought you might like to know you have a preacher on your team!  Smile!

Thanks again Joe, I appreciate the response.  Hey Dr Dave a bump is to get your post back at the top of the list.  Thats all.  smile
Mike

Thanks, I'm not the most intellectually gifted guy, my mom used to keep me in a high crib above a hard wood floor so she'd hear if I fell out.  Almost a good idea, that's why I can't do math! Dave

SRVTWO wrote:

Thanks again Joe, I appreciate the response.  Hey Dr Dave a bump is to get your post back at the top of the list.  Thats all.  smile
Mike