Topic: My New Guitar

Hey Everybody and fellow guitar collectors/players
           I am proud to say that the Joe Bonamassa Prototype Gibson Les Paul arrived at my house at 8:45 am this morning.  Its very very cool. Edwin and Pat from the Custom Shop did a masterful job taking my crude drawings and bringing them to life.  I have been playing it all day and even wrote a song on it.  The only draw back is that I have to send it back temporarily so they can build the production models.  The guitar honestly came out better than I even hoped. 
Just FYI it officially exist.  The goldtop I play in Europe although similar in appearance is a stock Goldtop I modified not the prototype as thought. 
It was a fun day for me!!! Still no official release date yet but now that the prototype is signed off on that will come soon.
Joe Bonamassa

Re: My New Guitar

YEAH! It finally arrived .... smile

PicturePicturePicture Please ! big_smile

Eva

Very cool Joe. Yep, as Eva said....let's see some photos perleeeeeze!!! smile

Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Oh Joe!  That must be SO exciting!  Wow! 

When that new song lands on a CD your liner notes will have to include that little tidbit - that it was written on your brand new prototype!  What a great story!

Will they have to send the L.A.F.D. out to use the "jaws of life" to pry it out of your hands so that they can get on with production?

Yet another happy day for Joe.  We like that!  And, we love hearing from you too.

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Joe

It's great to see things coming together for you - I think I know what might be on my other half's christmas list smile

It's also really nice that you pop in to keep us all up to date with the life of Joe, letting us know when you're happy, sad, excited etc etc

That is why this is such a great place, because even if you haven't met everyone here you feel as if they are your friends and willing to lend an ear and share your up and downs with you

Can we get a picture on the photogallery maybe of you playing the prototype so that we can share the moment?

Vicky

"Stellar" a word used by Joe Bonamassa (also apt as a description of the man himself cool)

* scratches chin, and decides to buy a hundred lottery tickets for the weekend*

That's awesome Joe, and it's great to hear that it is already inspiring the creative juices.
It's really good that you come in here, and share your excitement and enthusiasm, and any other emotion that takes you. That's what makes this such an enjoyable place to be.

Yes indeed, pictures please!!!

P.S. Jane...'71 Charger?? Pictures please?? smile

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

Ho-Ho-Ho Merry Christmas in April Joe Bonamassa!!!!!!  What fun!!!!!!!! So happy for you.
Each day just seems to get better and better and better for you. Are your fingers tired?
Can't wait to see & hear more about it.  I bet the headlines will read today..............

KING JOE BONAMASSA HAS THE WORLD BY THE TAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     wink

luv ya'
                                                                       Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

8 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2008-04-18 07:25:23)

YATZEE!

It's like the giddy kid looking out the window waiting for the package to come in. I love those days. Can't wait to check it out.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Congratulations again Joe! It's a wonderful honor and well deserved.

Great news Joe, big time congratulations to you!!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

As cool as that guitar must be, what's way cooler is what is says about your stature in the world of guitars and celebrity players. Couldn't be happier for you, Joe. I hope to get a glimpse of it at the Riverbend Festival in Chattanooga.

Blessings,
Larry

"...play skillfully and shout for joy." Psalm 33:3b (honest, it really says that)

maybe a few pictures?...just a thought...

Dave

Mr. Bonamassa has another notch in his guitar legend belt. Congrats, Joe! What a proud and happy day.

How soon until we see its appearance at a show?

I'm just saying.

Hey Joe, can you send it out this way first? Why do you ask? Quality control....

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Congratulations Joe!!

Hope to see you play it as soon as possible!!

Andre Wittebroek

Very, very cool, Joe.  A well deserved tribute, and it sounds like a heck of a lot of fun.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

The goldtop I play in Europe although similar in appearance is a stock Goldtop I modified not the prototype as thought.

Just something to fiest your eyes on... not the prototype but a similar one used on the European tour... Looks great, sounds great but I preferred the tone in the other Les Pauls he used.

http://wickmanska.se/strats/bonamassa/a … 082592.jpg

Hi Joe congratulations on the Bonamassa gold top .....im very glad that you have proof it for us
you know that we trust you when you say its a great instrument build
so i hope till end of the year i have saved the monney
i allways liked to have a Gibson Les paul ........ i think now or never big_smile big_smile big_smile

thanks very mutch for your info
greetz Geko