Topic: Some kind of amp-switcher-box-thingy.

Once again, I find myself in the need of help.

Im in the market for a 'tri-channel' pedal, that enables me to switch between two heads, and drive them both at the same time.

Anyone care to help me out?

What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wild beasts sweeping majestically over the fields?

Re: Some kind of amp-switcher-box-thingy.

Guitargeek wrote:

Once again, I find myself in the need of help.

Im in the market for a 'tri-channel' pedal, that enables me to switch between two heads, and drive them both at the same time.

Anyone care to help me out?

Look for a Morley A/B/Y Switcher. That will do what your looking for.

The Morley isn't as dependable as others out there... do a forum search, as I know this has come up in the past...

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

4 (edited by Beerdog80 2008-06-17 08:40:04)

I ended up making my own AB/Y switch one day when I was bored.  I used to have the Morley but it was pretty much junk.  Added noise and popping to the circuit and they are known to have volume drop issues.

Here are a few that I would recommend.

This one is actually pretty good... I have one and I've never had a problem with it.  Good for $40 bucks
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ … sku=180614

If you have some extra cash laying around...then here you go.  Never used one personally, but heard nothing but good things.
http://www.guitareffectspedals.com/startouch.html

These are also very high quality AB/Y pedals.  I've used a few of these and they are real good.
http://www.lehle.com/frameset.php?count … k=products

Don't play leapfrog with a unicorn

Joe regarding splitting his amps:
"To split them simple.  Wirlwind A-B both selector. run into the Leile ABC.  Dont buy the Morley or the Liele A or B. They are horrid and suck the life out of any amp"

Beerdog80 wrote:

I ended up making my own AB/Y switch one day when I was bored.  I used to have the Morley but it was pretty much junk.  Added noise and popping to the circuit and they are known to have volume drop issues.

Here are a few that I would recommend.

This one is actually pretty good... I have one and I've never had a problem with it.  Good for $40 bucks
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ … sku=180614

If you have some extra cash laying around...then here you go.  Never used one personally, but heard nothing but good things.
http://www.guitareffectspedals.com/startouch.html

These are also very high quality AB/Y pedals.  I've used a few of these and they are real good.
http://www.lehle.com/frameset.php?count … k=products

Maybe yours was junk. Mine cost me less the $25 and has always done right by me. However, it's easy enough to build your own.

Lehle. Wonderful stuff.

Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Spider wrote:

Maybe yours was junk. Mine cost me less the $25 and has always done right by me. However, it's easy enough to build your own.

They seem to be real hit and miss.  I've heard some that sound ok and others (like mine) that just needed to be sacrificed to the tone gods.

I was thinking about getting a hold of another one and doing a mod for it to fix the problem.  I get a request for those from time to time.

I'm SUPPOSED to be getting my Voodoo Lab Amp Selector any day now, I'll give the full review 
once it arrives.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

I've got a Whirlwind AB Selector running a 4x10 deVille and a Tiny Terror and it's completely quiet and does nothing to the tone.

A+ as far as I'm concerned.

Larry

"...play skillfully and shout for joy." Psalm 33:3b (honest, it really says that)

Radial Tonebone Switchbone JX-2.  Great pedal, cant say enough about it, sounds great, works great, well worth the money.  Check it out.
Mike

I use the lehle 1 to 3, they also make a 1 to 2, this is the same one Joe uses, I saw it on his pedal board last week at the Birchmere, he has used that for the last several years.  I also have borrowed one from a friend who had it commissioned from Jim Bradshaw, isoelectric absolutely no noise when switching, wonderful stuff!

If heartaches were nickels, I'd have 35 cents!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =383604393

I actually use the Leile abc... The new one is programable and really good...  I havent had good luck with the morley switchers...

Joe Bonamassa

14 (edited by Stratovari 2008-06-24 13:48:43)

Hi,

as Joe said, the Morley isn't the top of the line. I had problems with tone sucking when using this Pedal. Also the noise when switching between A and B.

I have a new Lehle since a while.
http://lehle.com/products/frameset_l1.p … LittleDual

This allows you to swith from A to B or AB dual.
I have a Marshall 2555 head with a 2x12 cab (with G12-65, great speaker btw.)
and a Valvetech Hayseed 30 combo with 2 blue bulldogs which I love to bits.
The Hayseed is just like made for the strat.
The Hayseed runs dry and in the Marshalls FX loop I run an Intellifex with delay and reverb.
To me a fantastic combi. So I can recommend this Lehle pedal 100%

Good luck
Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

15 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2008-06-24 14:29:43)

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

The Morley isn't as dependable as others out there... do a forum search, as I know this has come up in the past...

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I actually use the Leile abc... The new one is programable and really good...  I havent had good luck with the morley switchers...

Joe Bonamassa

I knew I heard that somewhere... good luck

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Beerdog80 wrote:
Spider wrote:

They seem to be real hit and miss.  I've heard some that sound ok and others (like mine) that just needed to be sacrificed to the tone gods.

I was thinking about getting a hold of another one and doing a mod for it to fix the problem.  I get a request for those from time to time.

Since this came up I opened mine up. It looks like the jacks were replaced with military spec Switchcraft jacks. Maybe thats why I don't have any trouble with it. Just a thought.

Spider wrote:
Beerdog80 wrote:
Spider wrote:

Since this came up I opened mine up. It looks like the jacks were replaced with military spec Switchcraft jacks. Maybe thats why I don't have any trouble with it. Just a thought.

I can't remember how the layout of this pedal is.  Were those jacks originally mounted on the PCB or are they wired to it?  Could you send me a picture of the PCB so I know what I'm dealing with before I go buy another one.  Better yet, could you get a shot of the switching jacks too? 

I'm sure the trick to fixing this thing cannot be difficult or expensive making a good alternative for those who don't want to dish the $$ for a Lehle-which are THE best.

there isn't a pcb.