Topic: Joe's new amp?

I've noticed in a couple of pictures from different shows that there's a Diaz amp in the rack. I know Warren Hayes plays these, but I don't know much about them. I wonder what Joe uses this for, that makes 5 amps now (if that's his).

Re: Joe's new amp?

Diaz made a few different amp models,
most were based on the Fender Blackface design with bigger  transformers and also with a few tweaks and upgrades, mid boost, fat switch etc,
I used to own a Diaz pre amp which was rebuilt  to a 20w combo by Diaz,  very cool little amp, big blackface tones,

he also made a  version were based on the Tweed twin, but loud as hell
and he also made vibrato and reverb units too,

SRV had a  DIaz rack unit  at some point

I Recal Warren Haynes amp is  a one-off dual outputtransformer version,
Warren uses his fore clean sounds mainly

Its actually a reverb.... My beautiful girlfriend Jessica took me to guitar center in Atlanta on one of our first dates... (how cool is that).  I found the Diaz reverb/tremelo called the Vibramaster.  I use it for reverb on the Two- Rock..  The Two Rock's reverb died so it works great.. I paid 800 dollars for it.. Its #005.. Pretty cool. 
Joe Bonamassa

Ken can you give a couple links to pictures with the Diaz?

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

I love GC in Atlanta.  Bought my first guitar there back in the early 90's.  Everytime I visit Atlanta, I always stop in there to see what they got in stock. They always have something cool and unusual.

Don't play leapfrog with a unicorn

Musicinmysoul wrote:

Ken can you give a couple links to pictures with the Diaz?

Check out Rhonda's awesome photo set from the Fraze concert. http://www.flickr.com/photos/photogal19 … 785179387/

Thanks for the info Joe. I wonder if we'll be hearing any tremolo in concert soon?

Great pics.  Anybody know what that red covered amp is on top of the Two-Rock?  Looks like a Diaz but cant make it out.  Just curious.
Mike

SRVTWO wrote:

Great pics.  Anybody know what that red covered amp is on top of the Two-Rock?  Looks like a Diaz but cant make it out.  Just curious.
Mike

I think that's the Carol Ann (dumble clone). He plays the twinkleland in europe and the carol ann in the states for the dumble sound...I think.

9 (edited by dr. dave 2008-06-28 13:53:29)

Joe, if you have a girl that takes you to the guitar store, marry her! That's a keeper! My wife got me a gigliotti GT for our 15th anniversary.  A man needs someone that will encourage bad habits!  As a collector #005 is really cool, it should'nt mean anything, but it does.

If heartaches were nickels, I'd have 35 cents!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =383604393

Hey.  Has anybody checked out the Van Weelden Gainland Pre amp?

dr. dave wrote:

Joe, if you have a girl that takes you to the guitar store, marry her! That's a keeper! My wife got me a gigliotti GT for our 15th anniversary.  A man needs someone that will encourage bad habits!  As a collector #005 is really cool, it should'nt mean anything, but it does.

My girlfriend gave me a Crybaby as an anniversary gift... And now, a year and a half later, she has bought me a Cat5 amp, and allowed me to use some of her hardearned money, on a Gibson. But there's a catch... She wants to borrow some of my gear from time to time :\

What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wild beasts sweeping majestically over the fields?

Guitargeek wrote:

And now, a year and a half later, she has bought me a Cat5 amp, and allowed me to use some of her hardearned money, on a Gibson. But there's a catch... She wants to borrow some of my gear from time to time :\

yikes That's some girlfriend... what model did you get, and how do you like it? Let's have a quick and dirty review.

ken wrote:
Guitargeek wrote:

And now, a year and a half later, she has bought me a Cat5 amp, and allowed me to use some of her hardearned money, on a Gibson. But there's a catch... She wants to borrow some of my gear from time to time :\

yikes That's some girlfriend... what model did you get, and how do you like it? Let's have a quick and dirty review.

The amp, or the Gibson? :0

What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wild beasts sweeping majestically over the fields?

Guitargeek wrote:
ken wrote:
Guitargeek wrote:

The amp.

ken wrote:
Guitargeek wrote:
ken wrote:

The amp.

The girlfriend.

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

ken wrote:
Guitargeek wrote:
ken wrote:

The amp.

A JB 68 custom model. It should be on its way right now. Its actually the one he used in Winter Park....

And about the girlfriend... If I start typing stuff about her, she probably wants some kind of royalties, so Id better not tongue

17 (edited by Spider 2008-07-06 19:35:24)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Its actually a reverb.... My beautiful girlfriend Jessica took me to guitar center in Atlanta on one of our first dates... (how cool is that).  I found the Diaz reverb/tremelo called the Vibramaster.  I use it for reverb on the Two- Rock..  The Two Rock's reverb died so it works great.. I paid 800 dollars for it.. Its #005.. Pretty cool. 
Joe Bonamassa

My wife, then my girlfriend, after our first date called me to help her get her Harley into the house for winter storage. Any women that will allow a bike in the house is gold to me! Her bike all decorated made for a cool Xmas tree replacement.

I hope all works out for you Joe. You'll know if she's "the one".

18 (edited by Carol-Ann_Amps 2008-07-11 16:13:41)

SRVTWO wrote:

Mike

It's a Carol-Ann JB-100. We affectionately refer to her as No.2. The OD channel is a little different from No.1. It has what we refer to as a variant of the 'texas tweak'. Less gain and more bass response with a very vocal lower midrange. Essentially tweaks that were developed with the assistance of David Grissom, Eric Johnson and Lance Keltner last year, though I made a few minor changes to suit Joes style and his bias towards LP style guitars.

No.1 has just been to to my shop for it's annual service and the OD channel was converted to the same as No.2.

Joe has just ordered No.3, which is going to be bright blue !! This is a slightly different model, a JB-100/6. The 6 designates it's voiced for 6L6's as opposed to EL-34's in the standard JB-100. I think this amp *may* be heading to Europe, but Joe could verify that.
All of them work just fine with US or European mains voltages regardless.

In response to the Dumble clone comment. Joes amps are really his own thing and not exactly Dumble clones. The gain staging is not dissimilar to a later Dumble, but if you played one next to a Dumble you would notice that the CA's have more of a Marshall thing going on and on extreme settings they tend to be more gainier and aggressive. They are not in any way designed to be exact Dumble clones, they are designed to be an amp tailored to compliment Joes playing and style and the healthy output levels he runs his amps at.
Currently the only JB-100's that exist all belong to Joe, there are literally his own design and model.

I would like to take this oppurtunity to let the folks who support Joe know what an absolute pleasure he is to work with. One of the most unassuming, friendly and enthusiastic people you could ever wish to deal with.

Alan Phillips
Carol-Ann Custom Amplifiers, LLC