Topic: Get your order in ....

Just spotted this over at the Gibson site (I visit regularly tongue )

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/inspiredby/ … ldtop.html

all I need to do it rob a bank big_smile

nice work Joe... a lovely axe indeed.

Nightfly

Re: Get your order in ....

Yeah. Cool. Thanks for the link. It wasn't up this morning when I called and the dude at Gibson customer support didn't seem anxious to assist. I had to spell out Joe's name at least three times. This means that the release will happen any day now.

Maybe all the calls I made to various stores, the stores in turn calling Gibson got them off their duff!. Yeah so it's wishfull thinking. I am allowed that.

L8R
Spider

I posted at the Les Paul Forum just a few minutes ago, so in a couple weeks when people there start them picking up I'll post the pictures, giving credit where it's due.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Nooo!

Why is it aged? :\ :\ :\

What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wild beasts sweeping majestically over the fields?

5 (edited by ken 2008-07-09 08:35:07)

Guitargeek wrote:

Nooo!

Because that's how Joe wanted it.
But, that brings up a good question. Can you get one without the aging? After all, it is the custom shop. I bet you could call them up and ask them to skip the aging on yours, but I'm not sure. They do offer gloss finishes on their other historics.

6 (edited by Musicinmysoul 2008-07-09 08:52:39)

Guitargeek wrote:

Nooo!

Mojo

ken wrote:

But, that brings up a good question. Can you get one without the aging? After all, it is the custom shop. I bet you could call them up and ask them to skip the aging on yours, but I'm not sure. They do offer gloss finishes on their other historics.

I heard that Gibson is once again doing single one-off orders, so it very well may be possible to get an un-aged, single piece back JB LP.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

so much for requesting a "scratch & dent" for cheaper wink

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Haha it makes sense that you'd get it cheaper, since technically you're getting LESS guitar on the aged version, and since they have to go through so much extra effort to get it aged (does anybody know if Mr. Murphy is involved in this project?), I don't see why it shouldn't be cheaper to get a shiny JB LP.

I don't mind if its aged but all the same if would be nice to have the option. Besides, my R8 is already picking up some battle scars so you at least get summat that looks 'loved' anyway.

I have a PRS McCarty Brazillian (number 249/500) if I could bring myself to part with it, it would perhaps raise the funds .... oh why is nothing in life ever easy !!!!!

How old is your R8? Got any pictures? (I'm a picture whore, just fyi)

Haha don't do it!! You'll end up regretting it! I mean not only is it a PRS MrCarty but with a Brazillian board???

11 (edited by Nightfly 2008-07-09 09:56:55)

my R8 is  built this year its a VoS and uttlerly lovely.
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5747

The Brazillian is truly epic(yes is a Brazillian Finger board), take a look at the photos on our website. I'm the one with Thin Lizzy t shirt and the drop dead gorgeous PRS.  http://www.tin-soldier.co.uk/
Think I have better pics somewhere but can't link them from work.

Very cool...love those Brazillian boards. Nice and dark.

13 (edited by Spider 2008-07-09 13:39:33)

ken wrote:
Guitargeek wrote:

Nooo!

Yeah I wasn't too over enthused by that feature myself. The relic craze is just a bit over done in my view. Can you actually order directly from the custom shop or do you have to go through one of their dealers? I thought you had to be a known artist to order from the custom shop? Regardless I did put a deposit on one today. I'll figure out how to pay for it later. smile

It Looks graet! It should be out just in time for my B-Day :-) I quess the next time I catch Joe in Vegas The Sunburst 59 & his Lucielle will be collecting a little more dust.

Oh I wouldn't say that. How many Goldtops do you need on tour? They all look the same!

16 (edited by Rik Emmett Fan 2008-07-09 18:20:59)

I have yet to see Joe play the Goldtop on tour. Thats why I said that I think the 59 & Lucielle will be collecting a little more dust.

Check out the Cool Pictures section. There's pictures of him playing them EVERYWHERE.

I have see Joe's last  three shows in Vegas. I have never seen the Gibson Goldtop. Only the Gibson Sunburst, Gibson/Lucielle, Gigliotti, Yamaha acoustic and the Dobro guitar. I am sure he will be proudly displaying his Goldtop on his next trip to Vegas while informing everyone thay too can own one just like it.