1 (edited by Big Rob 2008-07-21 03:57:54)

Topic: Best Jubilee Substitution?

well i noticed they have a buy it now a jubille for about 4000 american on ebay right now, kinda sucks for a poor boy like me. i guess my question is what is the best substitute...have you guys seen that low quality vid of Joe with Wes Jeans on you tube? was that a dsl100? ive never really sat down with one, and i havent played a jcm800 since i was about 9 or so, id wonder how a jcm800 modded for clipping would work out..and i mean dad gumit, ive played matchless, bruno, dumble clones, trainwreck clones, just a little of everything, its hard to say if i didnt know who Joe was i probably would of never give that amp a second thought(not a big slash fan big_smile) gear nuts alike be sure to post, we gotta find a cheaper version of the jub lol. Nik from ceriatone has one drawn up i know for sure but he told me through email he just hasnt been able to bring it up, too high demand.

Re: Best Jubilee Substitution?

Slash Head has a bit more gain but does what the Jubilee does to the extent of about 80%.  I think they are cheaper.  Two amps that are kinda close are Engl Richie Blackmore model (Yes you heard me right) and the Marshall 2205 model mini head that are 50 watts or maybe 35.  I cant remember.   A new amp or old amp that I discovered by sheer luck is the solid state Marshall Master lead Combo from like 1979.  I bought it for like 200 dollars in Athens GA and was using it til  my"real" gear made it from California.  Let me say this one sounds like a original bluesbreaker combo.  Extremely warm and articulate.  A week later Im in another music store killing time and low and behold another one with reverb priced at 250.   I currently own both ( I shouldn't be spending money on gear with the house that Im in the middle of furnishing) Anyway... Both are great amps for under 300 dollars and if you can stand to face your friends with a Oh my God!! non tube amp.. Its a option and a cheap one..   In these inflationary times its really cool to find stuff that sounds good for less than you can buy a DR Z owners manual for....No offense to DR Z I needed a example...  He makes good stuff...  nothing in the 200 dollar range... with a 10 foot Fender cable thrown in.... Im nothing if not a savy negotiator.... (Thank you Dr Charles Karass)  If you fly a lot you will get that one, if not it was a joke for frequent flyers.. 
Joe Bonamassa (going green and not using tubes this week)

Slash head? Never 'eard of those... But the RB signature sounds great!

What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wild beasts sweeping majestically over the fields?

Guitargeek wrote:

Slash head? Never 'eard of those... But the RB signature sounds great!

They only made them for a short time back in 96.   

here are a few linkys for you.
http://www.slashmarshall.com/

...and even found one for sale.  Just posted yesterday for $2500.
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/msg/762323560.html

Don't play leapfrog with a unicorn

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

...the solid state Marshall Master lead Combo...

the one that says MOSFET on the front? i know where there is a half-stack version. i just might have to drop by and try her out!

Joe, what are your thoughts about a Voodoo Amps V-PLEX?