Topic: Marshall Silver Jubilee 50/25 combo Joe setting?

How good it is this amp to get close to Joe Bonamassa sound ? any experience or settings to get me there? what el do i need?

Re: Marshall Silver Jubilee 50/25 combo Joe setting?

I think on the Silver Jubilee Joe has it set like this:

Master- dimed
Bass-dimed
Mid-1 o'clock
Treble-11 o'clock
channel vol- 10-11 o'clock

Hope that helps...

Scott

Oh Yeah, he also uses EV12L speakers wink

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

easy.... 
presence 5 , bass 10 , mid 7.5  highs 4.5 master 10 , volume 5 and gain 5

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

easy.... 

There ya go - got it from the man himself smile

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

waooooooooo!!!!!!!!!1 what can i say!!!!! thanks for your help guys!!!!!! so i only need to switch the stock vintage 30 for a EV12L  wohooooooo smile

Maybe a stupid question but..the settings..is this presence 5 o'clock..or 5 with the scale on the amp itself?

Pieter-Jan wrote:

Maybe a stupid question but..the settings..is this presence 5 o'clock..or 5 with the scale on the amp itself?

5 on the amp dial or 12 o'clock.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

easy.... 

Does "10" mean dimed? I ask because my Ceriatone 2550 goes to "11". No Spinal Tap joke intended.

9 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2011-03-15 15:53:18)

I was close! I usually go 9-8-7 for bass middle treb and 5's the rest of the way...

-Nic

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Bluesbreaker wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

easy.... 

Does "10" mean dimed? I ask because my Ceriatone 2550 goes to "11". No Spinal Tap joke intended.

Bump.

must be. My Jub only goes to 10.

Spider wrote:

must be. My Jub only goes to 10.

Thanks Spider. I tried these settings earlier today and the amp sounds even rounder and fatter now. So far I had Presence 3 , bass 8 , mid 6  highs 4 master 8, volume (as loud as the wife let me, i.e. about 2) and gain 5. That sounded great but it had a bit of a sizzle when turning the guitar volume all the way up and kicking in the TS. It's not the speakers (Scumback M-75s), so I guess it's the diodes but the "Joe setting" got rid of most of it.  smile It appears you need to crank Bass and Master volume with the Jubilee to get maximum tone. At home I use the half-power switch so I can turn up the Lead volume a bit more (i.e. above 2).

I'm actually going to pick up a jubilee 2553 tomorrow. I've been hovering around buying one for a while and one came up reasonably locally. It's the smaller size head made in 89 so it's got the black tolex and not the silver. It's the 2553 model. I've finally took the plunge and will report back in the next couple of days. 3 hour round trip to get it but I think it will be wortyh it. Added this to my fav pages so I can try joe's settings.

Fuzzblues wrote:

I'm actually going to pick up a jubilee 2553 tomorrow. I've been hovering around buying one for a while and one came up reasonably locally. It's the smaller size head made in 89 so it's got the black tolex and not the silver. It's the 2553 model. I've finally took the plunge and will report back in the next couple of days. 3 hour round trip to get it but I think it will be wortyh it. Added this to my fav pages so I can try joe's settings.

Full report, please!  smile

Hey Fuzzblues,

I got the same amp 2553 in black built in 89 I think. Your going to love it with good tubes and good speakers they are killer.

E

So i've had the 2553 for a couple of days now and had the chance to give it a blast. At home I can't really crank it so have only used it on the clean channel with a box of rock for the dirt and either a 808 or pork loin for leads. I have my dd3 (all knobs at 12) and boss RV-5 in the loop. Been playing it through my hot rod deluxe extension can with the stock speaker.

Thinking I need to try it with a EV12L. Think my plexi 7 is on the way out and a new cab on the way i

I tried cranking it with a weber mini mass but the sound just went thin. Hopefully get a chance to crank it at some point.